Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by kanor
Wonder how the pilots in that 744 will feel, they basically will cheat on the VC strike.
They already had their day off when FRA went on strike...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
How far in advance of a strike do VC have to announce it?
24 hours, and they tend to give exactly that time of warning time.

Wonder how the pilots in that 744 will feel, they basically will cheat on the VC strike.
Probably some "management pilots".

For me, conclusion of those strikes is to even more book carriers where strikes won't happen.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:49 am

They'll hopefully feel like they are doing what they are paid to do.

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
For me, conclusion of those strikes is to even more book carriers where strikes won't happen.
+1
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Not going to France next week then? :-).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Not going to France next week then? :-).
Luckily my next trip to France will only be in 3 weeks time (is it ATC striking again? Guess my LCY-trips might be taking somewhat longer then..)
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's just a regular AF pilot strike, probably Sept 15-22 :-).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I was supposed to fly LHR-MUC-WRO today but was rebooked on LHR-FRA-WRO yesterday. What surprised me during the flights was that there were no announcements from the captain on either of them. Not a single word, no greetings, no arrival or weather information, just nothing. We could only hear the purser's announcements. Part of the strike action?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
I was supposed to fly LHR-MUC-WRO today but was rebooked on LHR-FRA-WRO yesterday. What surprised me during the flights was that there were no announcements from the captain on either of them. Not a single word, no greetings, no arrival or weather information, just nothing. We could only hear the purser's announcements. Part of the strike action?
"Dienst nach Vorschrift" maybe? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-to-rule)

Originally Posted by RTW1
It's just a regular AF pilot strike, probably Sept 15-22 :-).
Ah I see. I didn't meant AF when I thought about other "safe" carriers

My next two trips to Asia will be in SU C, good offer and flying via SVO - despite the extra stop - still lets you sleep on the long haul, and you get a decent C product on the way from/to there on the short haul.

The ME3 aren't the only competition on the asia routes.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by krzysz
What surprised me during the flights was that there were no announcements from the captain on either of them. Not a single word, no greetings, no arrival or weather information, just nothing. We could only hear the purser's announcements. Part of the strike action?
Doubt it, sometimes they are just busy.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
sometimes they are just busy.
Really?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems they only cancelled 140 regional flights, the longhaul is operating normal due to some strikebreakers, albeit quite delayed:

+++ Rund die Hälfte der innerdeutschen und Europaflüge und alle Langstreckenflüge ab München dank freiwilliger Crews gesichert+++

Um 10 Uhr hat heute der VC-Streik in München begonnen. Damit hat die Gewerkschaft innerhalb von zwei Wochen zum dritten Mal die Piloten der Lufthansa zu einer Arbeitsniederlegung aufgerufen.

Lufthansa hat insgesamt 140 Kontflüge von und nach München mit mehr als 15.300 Passagieren gestrichen. Das entspricht rund der Hälfte aller Europaflüge von und nach München, die normalerweise am Mittwoch stattgefunden hätten. Mehr als 15.300 Passagiere sind vom Streik betroffen. Alle vorgesehenen Langstreckenflüge aus München hingegen finden statt, zumeist dank freiwilliger Piloten, die trotz des Streikaufrufs heute fliegen.

Betroffene Gäste konnten auf alternative Verbindungen, andere Airlines oder Verkehrsmittel umgebucht werden. Viele Flugreisende konnten über die Drehkreuze der Lufthansa Gruppe in Frankfurt, Zürich, Wien oder Brüssel ausweichen. So operierte LH098 von München nach Frankfurt heute eigens mit einer Boeing 747-400, um mehr Fluggäste über das Drehkreuz Frankfurt weiterzubefördern.

Streikbedingt kommt es bei den Nachmittagsabflügen auf der Langstrecke noch zu Verspätungen. So wird der Flug nach San Francisco um 19.30 Uhr starten und der letzte Langstreckenflug nach Washington erst um 20.20 Uhr abheben.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:13 am

D-ABVY in MUC:
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by t325
Will this extend into the end of September? Or are they just making noise for a few days and then continuing business as usual for the next 6 months like they did in April?

No it will continue this time until an agreement is reached!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
No it will continue this time until an agreement is reached!
Anyone care to speculate on the frequency?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
once a week I would assume...seems to be the "standard"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.