Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by RTW1
Thanks, now I'm automatically subscribed to all the strike info.... LH's facebook is about 8hrs behind.
The VCs site has RSS:
http://www.vcockpit.de/rss/rss-feeds...tartseite.html
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by mmff
According to the press statement, only flights out of MUC are affected.
LH site mentions to and from MUC...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH website statement:

Code:
Announced strike by pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit on September 10th at Munich Airport

The pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit has announced a strike for flights to and from Lufthansa’s Munich hub scheduled for Wednesday, September 10th, in the time from 10.00 to 18.00 CEST.

Lufthansa flight operations will be heavily affected by the strike, especially flights departing from and arriving in Munich. All Lufthansa flights to and from the Frankfurt hub will presumably operate as scheduled.
Please note also that all flights of our Lufthansa Group airlines Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Germanwings and Swiss (operated by OS, SN, 4U, LX) as well as flights of Air Dolomiti will operate as scheduled.

To assure a certain degree of planning reliability, Lufthansa is working with high priority on a special flight schedule during the strike period which will be published here as soon as possible.

Lufthansa regrets any inconvenience to Lufthansa passengers caused by the threatened strike measures by the pilots union VC and will do its utmost to minimise impacts on passengers. Passenger support and service has paramount priority.

In case your flight is not affected and you’re holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines ticket for flights on September 10th, 2014 from/to/via Munich you can rebook your ticket once free of charge at My Bookings. The following conditions must be met:
Rebooking within the original fare.
- Tickets must be issued on/before September 9th, 2014
- The new date of travel must be on/before December 10th, 2014
- Origin / Destination and compartment must remain the same
- All other fare conditions must be observed

Passengers, who are unable to use the self-service facilities, can contact our Service Center on 0800 850 60 70* or via one of our local phone numbers.

*toll-free from a German landline

newslink briefing:

Group | 9/9/14
+++ VC announces strike for 10 September in Munich +++

The pilot’s union Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) has announced a strike for flights to and from Lufthansa’s Munich hub scheduled for Wednesday, September 10th, in the time from 10.00 to 18.00 CEST.

Scheduled Lufthansa departures from Munich in this timeframe are 164. Of those are 149 short-haul flights and 15 long-haul flights.

Lufthansa flight operations will be heavily affected by the strike, especially flights departing from and arriving in Munich. All Lufthansa flights to and from the Frankfurt hub will presumably operate as scheduled.

Lufthansa acknowledges the announcement of strike action by the Vereinigung Cockpit pilots’ union with total incomprehension.

This is of particular and inexplicable inconvenience to our passengers, as this is the last weekend of the school holidays in Bavaria.

We will do everything in our power to inform and advise our passengers to the best of our ability during this time.This strike would be the third within two weeks.

------------------------------------

Additional information:

Passengers are kindly asked to check www.LH.com for more information. Passengers whose flights have been canceled due to the strike can rebook or cancel their flight free of charge. Tickets for domestic German flights can be exchanged for a train ticket via www.LH.com or at a Lufthansa-Quick-Check-in Terminal. And also passengers who are in the possession of a booking for a flight (of a LH Group Airline) operating from/to/via Munich on September 10th can reebok their flight free of charge once. Passengers who have provided their contact details will be informed about flight changes via text message or email.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Pilot strikes in September 2014

Theres a list of canx on the website now. a quick glance didn't see any longhaul listed
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks for this thread. Subscribed.

My dear husband had talked me into trying LH again for our upcoming trip to Germany later this month, in spite of the inferior business class product. How many strikes is it this year? Remind me not to listen to my husband on things travel-related.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Award Ticket Help

Hey Everyone,

I have an upcoming flight YUL-MUC on 9/11 in Lufthansa F followed by MUC-BKK on Thai F, followed by BKK-SIN in Singapore J booked with UA miles.

Unfortunately it's doesn't seem like it's looking good, so if my flight were to get cancelled, I'm guessing it would be Lufthansa that's responsible for my YUL-MUC flight, but would I basically need to now work with TG/SQ to rebook my other flights, would LH help with that, or would it be UA?

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They are striking tomorrow, not on the 11th.....
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:23 pm

That I saw, but I didn't know if the strike is a one day thing, or if they go on strike tomorrow, and are on strike until they decide to head back to work.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Reading the thread helps.... it's only 3 messages below yours ;-).
Limited strike from 10:00-18:00 tomorrow only. And so far they have not been extending what they announced.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:35 pm

Limited strike from 10:00-18:00 tomorrow only. And so far they have not been extending what they announced.
Haha, very true. Thanks man.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
The wildcard is that if MUC-YUL does not fly on the 10th, then there will be no plane for YUL-MUC on the 11th... That being said, the flight is not on the cancellation list on the website.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:34 pm

Will this extend into the end of September? Or are they just making noise for a few days and then continuing business as usual for the next 6 months like they did in April?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by t325
Will this extend into the end of September? Or are they just making noise for a few days and then continuing business as usual for the next 6 months like they did in April?
How far in advance of a strike do VC have to announce it?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LH103 departing MUC at 11:00 and arriving in FRA at 12:05 will be operated by a 744 (D-ABVY) to ferry pax for onward connection from FRA. Also LH098 FRA-MUC departing at 09:15.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH103 departing MUC at 11:00 and arriving in FRA at 12:05 will be operated by a 744 (D-ABVY) to ferry pax for onward connection from FRA. Also LH098 FRA-MUC departing at 09:15.
Wonder how the pilots in that 744 will feel, they basically will cheat on the VC strike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.