Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by pkerr
Since they are announcing today about action tomorrow do you think that if they don't announce tomorrow about action for Saturday I may be OK for my Saturday flight to Munich out of YUL?
I think that saturday will be safe. I hope so. Don't want to start my vacation with dealing with a canceled flight.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
More strike action tomorrow from 5pm until 11pm for short haul flights ex-FRA (A320 family, B737 family and embraers)

http://www.vcockpit.de/presse/presse...mber-2014.html
Does that mean the CR7s ex / to FRA are not effected by the strike?
Booked on LH 1361 KTW-FRA tomorrow evening....

Thanks, Thomas
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by caspritz78
I think that saturday will be safe. I hope so. Don't want to start my vacation with dealing with a canceled flight.
Oh I do so hope that you are right!
What's your itinerary?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pkerr
oh i do so hope that you are right!
What's your itinerary?
lh420 fra-bos
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by plett
Does that mean the CR7s ex / to FRA are not effected by the strike?
Booked on LH 1361 KTW-FRA tomorrow evening....

Thanks, Thomas
All LH FRA departures/arrivals within Germany and Europe appear to be on the list to be cancelled. 200 flights approximately. They will start canceling flights with departures as early as 1:30p. Most flights scheduled for 4p or later will be cancelled even though strike starts at 5.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
All LH FRA departures/arrivals within Germany and Europe appear to be on the list to be cancelled. 200 flights approximately. They will start canceling flights with departures as early as 1:30p. Most flights scheduled for 4p or later will be cancelled even though strike starts at 5.
Anyway, LH 1361 is not on the list, seems I am lucky...:-)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
This is the 2nd one in a row I've dodged. In April I flew DEL-FRA-DEN and missed that month's strike by 1 day. And on 5 Sept I fly on LH again, but MUC-MEX, so I'm again lucky.

That said, all this striking sure makes me reconsider my willingness to fly LH.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I rebooked all my flights for the next weeks onto other carriers.
Tomorrow I'm going with OS.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I rebooked all my flights for the next weeks onto other carriers.
Tomorrow I'm going with OS.
Are you going to also drop a line to the HON circle service centre or your premium services co-ordinator about this?

3 strikes now in a few months is getting quite difficult to plan for.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:56 am

Question about possible strike

Hi everyone,

I have a flight with Lufthansa tonight from JFK to FRA and then a flight Saturday afternoon from FRA to PRG. What is the likelihood that the strike will be extended into Saturday? Or is it a planned action that is announced in advance only for Friday?

If the strike is extended until Saturday, what are our options (other than taking the train as the Lufthansa website suggests)? Will they help rebook us on another airline? Note that we are United customers flying on Lufthansa so I'm not sure if United would help rebook us. I am a newbie to dealing with strikes while flying. (Hope to stay unfamiliar for this trip). Thanks in advance for any advice. I read through some previous threads about strikes but didn't see particular advice.

Thanks,
Elizabeth
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by bosphorus456
What is the likelihood that the strike will be extended into Saturday
None!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
What is the likelihood that the strike will be extended into Saturday?
Originally Posted by JCary
None!
Some morning flights on Saturday will be affected but they should appear in the list of cancellations. If your flight is not listed you can assume it will operate as normal.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I have a flight with Lufthansa tonight from JFK to FRA and then a flight Saturday afternoon from FRA to PRG. What is the likelihood that the strike will be extended into Saturday? Or is it a planned action that is announced in advance only for Friday?
Check the following website to see if your flight from FRA to PRG is canceled on saturday.LH Travel Information

If not, everything is fine.

If yes, LH will rebook you on an alternative flight to PRG. You might arrive later in PRG. You don't need to call UA since the operating carrier LH is in charge of rebooking you.

The train is just an alternative within Germany and a few selected European cities (Basel, Zurich, Amsterdam that habe highspeed train connection) Prague is not one of them.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:05 am

Great, thanks so much JCary & NewbieRunner.

Elizabeth
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:06 am

Lufthansa Pilot strike on.

https://twitter.com/Lufthansa_USA

http://t.co/Mnpfnh2xkV

Announced strike at Frankfurt Airport for Friday, September 5th, 2014 by pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit”
The pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit” (VC) has announced a strike at Frankfurt Airport for Friday, September 5th, 2014 from 5 p.m. till 11 p.m. local time.

Short and medium haul flights from/to Frankfurt/Main will be affected. All long-haul flights will presumably operate as scheduled, as will flights from Lufthansa’s Munich hub. Please note also that all flights of our Lufthansa Group airlines Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Germanwings and Swiss (operated by OS, SN, 4U, LX) will operate as scheduled.

A list of all cancelled flights can be found under Cancelled Flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.