Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: warakorn
VC has announced a stike phase from 0am on 02APR14 till 11.59pm on 04APR14:

Die VC wird ihre Mitglieder vom 02. April 00.00 Uhr bis 04. April 23.59 Uhr zum bundesweiten Arbeitskampf zur Durchsetzung eines neuen Tarifvertrages Übergangsversorgung aufrufen.
Expect massive advance cancellations. VC pilots only operate LH Mainline A32S, B737 and longhaul widebodies, so expect cancellations on such flights.

The current list of cancellations can be found here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/flight_services/cancelled_flights?nodeid=118127922&l=de&cid=18002

Or just open your booking and take a look.

Once the cancellation is announced LH allows rebooking online or via the phone. The exact procedure is described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1541419-flyertalk-vielfliegertreff-lufthansa-irreg-interview.html

According to EU passenger rights regulation EC261/2004 article 8, the operating carrier (Lufthansa) is responsible to reroute passengers under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity.
Article 8 also applies in situations like strikes.

Tickets issued for 2-4APR just received a waiver to rebook for free:

Announced strike of the pilots union from April, 2nd – 4th, 2014
The pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit” (VC) has called upon its members at Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and Germanwings to cease work for three days from Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 00:00, to Friday, 4th April 2014, at 23:59 at all German airports.

In order to keep impact of the strike as low as possible, Lufthansa will inform its customers about details of flight cancellations and alternative travel options via www.LH.com as soon as possible. Customers, who advised their contact information, will be informed by e-mail and SMS notifications about changes of their flights.

Lufthansa will publish a list with cancelled flights as well as information for passenger services on Monday afternoon, 31st March 2014.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels ticket for flights on April 2nd – April 4th, 2014 from/to/via Germany, are permitted to rebook their flight once free of charge online via My Bookings with immediate effect, provided that:

- the ticket was issued on/before March 28th, 2014
- the new travel date is on/before September 30th, 2014
- the original ticket class remains
- all other fare conditions are adhered to

Passengers may also contact our service center on +49(0)69-86-799-799* or via one of our local phone numbers.

* Calls from German landlines at local rates, call charges from German mobile networks may vary dependent upon the provider
Print Wikipost

VC Pilots Strike 02-04 APR 2014 [discussion & info wiki]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
I would not worry for a flight in May (yet) - the strike i supposed to be over in Sat morning.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
..If you don't like your job or the conditions or you can't bring food on the table, search for a new job. If you are bored with your job and can't progress, say goodbye, create your own company and work harder.
Why would anyone leave a unionised high-paying job? That equals insanity in a world where all laws, rules, and courts are fine-tine in favour of management.
I do not see any plausible reason for this strike apart from a egocentric driven VC.
The third item on their website contains a detailed explanation of why and - even more interesting - the fraction of the pilots voting for a strike.

So management and pilots deliver this silly battle and the law protects them both from the rightful interest of the shafted passengers. Great job EU, well done!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:43 pm

Can someone answer this for me - I am booked on LH PHL-FRA-PRG using US Airways Dividend Miles. So far I have called US several times in between the 'all lines are busy' message on LH. They have all said to call LH. I finally reached LH Australia (only line I could get to even put me on hold) and they stood firm saying I have to rebook through US and they cannot rebook me. I'm currently on hold with LH's USA line at 45 minutes and counting. I'm assuming that LH has to rebook me as it is their plane, their strike, their cancellation, etc. Is that correct, and is there anything that I can say to get them to rebook me?

EDIT: And now Lufthansa.com is saying they cannot find the confirmation numbers. Earlier tonight, they showed my itinerary with the canceled flights and a notice to call their Flight Service Center.

Last edited by lowfareair; Mar 31, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Sen line

Have to give credit to the rep , ok got up at 5am this morning & waited 1-30 hrs to get through after no chance last night to even connect but re-booked in 5mins with proposing a few options with only 1 more connection on OS from a limited options outstation in Eastern Europe
Very polite and well handle
Good job LH under extreme conditions
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Can someone answer this for me - I am booked on LH PHL-FRA-PRG using US Airways Dividend Miles. So far I have called US several times in between the 'all lines are busy' message on LH. They have all said to call LH. I finally reached LH Australia (only line I could get to even put me on hold) and they stood firm saying I have to rebook through US and they cannot rebook me. I'm currently on hold with LH's USA line at 45 minutes and counting. I'm assuming that LH has to rebook me as it is their plane, their strike, their cancellation, etc. Is that correct, and is there anything that I can say to get them to rebook me?

EDIT: And now Lufthansa.com is saying they cannot find the confirmation numbers. Earlier tonight, they showed my itinerary with the canceled flights and a notice to call their Flight Service Center.

I'm in the same situation as you. Both US and LH are very adamant that the other must rebook my SFO-MUC award flight after multiple calls. On hold with LH yet again.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: SK Gold, A3 Gold, AB Gold, LeClub Platinum, BW Diamond, CC Gold
Same here. Last night US Airways said to call Lufthansa, now on the phone waiting 1 hr 20 minutes "all agents are currently busy on another call, please hold the line and we will be happy to assist you shortly".
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tamtamm
Same here. Last night US Airways said to call Lufthansa, now on the phone waiting 1 hr 20 minutes "all agents are currently busy on another call, please hold the line and we will be happy to assist you shortly".
In fairness to Lufthansa, I would be far more irritated with US Airways- they were the agent, they booked the ticket- if it doesn't work, really it should be their responsibility to find a new solution. The fact that US Airways has made a commercial decision to leave the Star Alliance should not release them of responsibility to assist their (former) customers who purchased services with them in good faith.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:43 am

Yes I see that. Might be even worse calling US Airways today since it's the first day in new alliance...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tamtamm
Yes I see that. Might be even worse calling US Airways today since it's the first day in new alliance...
Really good luck and it is terrible when customers get trapped in commercial decisions in such a negative way!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
LH availability FRA-LHR

Data point:
Those flying FRA-LHR during the strike should ask for rebooking on LH908 and LH914, the only 2 operating flights.
02APR
914: Lots of space available
908: same

03APR
914:limited availability
908:lots of space available

04APR: very limited availability on both 914 and 908
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:01 am

Any luck tamtamm? I'm still on hold with LH since my last post (was disconnected once, and accidentally hung up on once when the rep answered).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:03 am

Called US Airways now while still waiting on the phone for Lufthansa, they could not help me also because they now are not a part of *A...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:05 am

No waiting for 2 hrs and 5 min now on phone... and when getting connected don't know what msg to expect.....

Originally Posted by smotchx
Any luck tamtamm? I'm still on hold with LH since my last post (was disconnected once, and accidentally hung up on once when the rep answered).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by alfahund
I'm on the same flight. Let's hope the best
See you in the lounge!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:17 am

Got through after 2 hrs and 11 mins waiting, then got a new number to call since this was an award trip and that number is "not in use" is the msg I get.... you gotta be kidding... is it 1'st of April or something.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.