Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: warakorn
VC has announced a stike phase from 0am on 02APR14 till 11.59pm on 04APR14:

Die VC wird ihre Mitglieder vom 02. April 00.00 Uhr bis 04. April 23.59 Uhr zum bundesweiten Arbeitskampf zur Durchsetzung eines neuen Tarifvertrages Übergangsversorgung aufrufen.
Expect massive advance cancellations. VC pilots only operate LH Mainline A32S, B737 and longhaul widebodies, so expect cancellations on such flights.

The current list of cancellations can be found here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/flight_services/cancelled_flights?nodeid=118127922&l=de&cid=18002

Or just open your booking and take a look.

Once the cancellation is announced LH allows rebooking online or via the phone. The exact procedure is described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1541419-flyertalk-vielfliegertreff-lufthansa-irreg-interview.html

According to EU passenger rights regulation EC261/2004 article 8, the operating carrier (Lufthansa) is responsible to reroute passengers under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity.
Article 8 also applies in situations like strikes.

Tickets issued for 2-4APR just received a waiver to rebook for free:

Announced strike of the pilots union from April, 2nd – 4th, 2014
The pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit” (VC) has called upon its members at Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and Germanwings to cease work for three days from Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 00:00, to Friday, 4th April 2014, at 23:59 at all German airports.

In order to keep impact of the strike as low as possible, Lufthansa will inform its customers about details of flight cancellations and alternative travel options via www.LH.com as soon as possible. Customers, who advised their contact information, will be informed by e-mail and SMS notifications about changes of their flights.

Lufthansa will publish a list with cancelled flights as well as information for passenger services on Monday afternoon, 31st March 2014.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels ticket for flights on April 2nd – April 4th, 2014 from/to/via Germany, are permitted to rebook their flight once free of charge online via My Bookings with immediate effect, provided that:

- the ticket was issued on/before March 28th, 2014
- the new travel date is on/before September 30th, 2014
- the original ticket class remains
- all other fare conditions are adhered to

Passengers may also contact our service center on +49(0)69-86-799-799* or via one of our local phone numbers.

* Calls from German landlines at local rates, call charges from German mobile networks may vary dependent upon the provider
Print Wikipost

VC Pilots Strike 02-04 APR 2014 [discussion & info wiki]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Another strike is always possible, since as far as I know, the dispute is not yet settled.

I don't recall them giving two or three weeks' notice last time.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by seajag
Does the union have to vote for before having another strike? If so, an actual strike doesn't seem likely in the next week or two.
They don't have to vote for each specific strike AFAIK. The only vote that mattered was the vote to reject the last contract offer and to authorize strike actions. Last time they gave about a week's worth of notice. It's been quiet so far from the rumor mills.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
2014's strikes have cost the airline a total of €70 million ($97 million).
April's 3-day strike alone cost Lufthansa €45 million.

http://atwonline.com/people/lufthans...over-ceo-may-1

Those are no small numbers.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Any new word on what is going on with the Pilot's contract? Within 3 weeks of my next LH flight, so need to stay on top of the issue.

Did the Pilots get the message they didn't have any popular support?
Old May 8, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
No European union cares very much about popular support, as long as internal support is there.

(Pun very intended.)
Old May 8, 2014, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's not a popularity contest... it's a dispute between employer and employees, just like so many others.
Old May 8, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Guys please don't pull up this thread without relevant news. Heart attack will be charged to you.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Lufthansa, Marriott, Hilton
Does anyone know if this has been resolved or what the latest is?

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by RoundAbout
Does anyone know if this has been resolved or what the latest is?

Thanks!
I know that Spohr is/was handling at least some of the negotiations himself (he told a few of us in November that he likes to speak to them in their own language and that they are a tough crowd). However, there is also a lot of arbitration going on. While talks continue, I have not seen reports of significant progress.

I found the small clip (below--dated 11 June) from T-Online during a search, and apparently in a press conference Ms. Menne was not able to report any progress as of 11 June.

More interesting to me was her comment that the W14/15 schedule will be "noticeably/significantly/radically" (choose your own English translation for "spürbar") cut back. I take that primarily to mean that I will be flying other carriers even more often to Asia as the LH winter schedule will be even thinner than usual.

KEINE FORTSCHRITTE BEI VERHANDLUNGEN MIT PILOTEN

Lufthansa werde ihr Flugangebot im kommenden Winterflugplan "spürbar reduzieren", kündigte Menne an. Möglicherweise werde dies auch im kommenden Jahr fortgesetzt. Deswegen würden auch sämtliche Flugzeugbestellungen unter die Lupe genommen, ob sie verschoben oder gar abgesagt werden müssten. Dies betreffe sämtliche Order bei den Herstellern Boeing und Airbus.

Keine Fortschritte konnte Menne von den Verhandlungen mit den Piloten über deren Übergangsrenten vermelden. Man sei mit Hilfe eines Moderators in konstruktiven Verhandlungen.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Guys please don't pull up this thread without relevant news. Heart attack will be charged to you.
This.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
This.
The issue is not settled yet...I suppose in that vein, a new strike could be called anytime.

If stress over a possible job action in the EU poses a health risk, I would propose you are living very dangerously...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by N1003U
The issue is not settled yet...I suppose in that vein, a new strike could be called anytime.

If stress over a possible job action in the EU poses a health risk, I would propose you are living very dangerously...
This ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.