Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Dialog 2013 event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by N1003U
As part of my question/comment opportunity, I compared the situation among airlines to the very unpleasant task of choosing a mobile telephone carrier--they all suck, and they all offer overly complex products, under the stupid promotional idea of providing customers with "choice."
Excellently put. Mobile telephone carriers are dreadful, and the major airlines are rapidly descending to their level. Did anyone actually point out to them that they are losing fistfuls of customers with their stupidity? I, for one, probably won't come back (like with AF/KL) even if they suddenly do volte face and starting making amends for the ridiculous enhancements.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Out of curiosity, what exactly did AF-KLM do to chase off all their customers? Nowadays I'd say that the FB program is fairly easy to reach status with, though the earnings aren't too good.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Mr. Spohr oracled that we will see several changes to the BA FFP benefits in the next couple years.
Yes I believe that too. Just not in the way the M&M Junta hopes for.

I think that BA has scented the blood of the LH refugees not BDSMed by corporate contracts and discounts and is determined to snag them away from LH.
Originally Posted by SMK77
..A little bit of preparation for a meeting goes a long way. Otherwise they can tell you whatever they want :-)
Which they have done aplenty it seems. I wonder if the LH management actually does believe the number they are giving out regarding cost structure etc.

But then the only thing I care about is when the Premium Eco is coming?

So thanks for the input on that one N1003U ^^^^^ . Please feed more! On how many birds and on what routes???
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Concerto
Excellently put. Mobile telephone carriers are dreadful..
With the consequence that I entirely stopped using roaming and switched to prepaid only and mostly use the phone when I get a WiFi hotspot.

I am unwilling to read through all the tricks and traps offered. And as I won't get the flexibility anyway, I rather just not use it that much.

Very much alike airlines. They now provide us with hard incentives not to travel unless unavoidable ...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Please see post #14 of the official Status Star thread. Since two F return flights between FRA and SFO only give you FTL status you will need to repeat this for 13.69 years in order to gain :-:.

p.s. Actually two F return flights every other year will be a complete waste as they do not count towards any :-:.
We knew you would know
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Please see post #14 of the official Status Star thread. Since two F return flights between FRA and SFO only give you FTL status you will need to repeat this for 13.69 years in order to gain :-:.

p.s. Actually two F return flights every other year will be a complete waste as they do not count towards any :-:.
With executive bonus (i.e., if you already have LH status), any one return in F from FRA to USA a destination west of the Mississippi River will yield enough miles to reach FTL, so you just need to find one bargain A-fare every two years. Not a huge challenge these days if you have some patience and keep an eye on the fare specials...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by weero
Yes I believe that too. Just not in the way the M&M Junta hopes for.

I think that BA has scented the blood of the LH refugees not BDSMed by corporate contracts and discounts and is determined to snag them away from LH.

Which they have done aplenty it seems. I wonder if the LH management actually does believe the number they are giving out regarding cost structure etc.
I have it from very reliable sources that no major changes are planned to BAEC until 2015. In fact they are very happy with changes in customer behavior with 100% Gold/Silver tier bonus on BA/IB metal.
Redemption of Avios is still tough especially TATL, but Willie Walsh and co clearly have gone the other way from Sphor and co regarding the value of FFP to the airline. IMO, the problem for BA is the cabin staff not the management- in the case of LH it is the other way round.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by LonLH
I have it from very reliable sources that no major changes are planned to BAEC until 2015. In fact they are very happy with changes in customer behavior with 100% Gold/Silver tier bonus on BA/IB metal.
Redemption of Avios is still tough especially TATL, but Willie Walsh and co clearly have gone the other way from Sphor and co regarding the value of FFP to the airline.
Good to know - thanks. ^
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
IMO, the problem for BA is the cabin staff not the management- in the case of LH it is the other way round.
+1
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:02 am

IMO, the problem for BA is the cabin staff not the management- in the case of LH it is the other way round.
This is also my experience. Fortunately, with unpleasant cabin staff (on any airline), one can generally choose to simply ignore them. Management attitudes and decisions, however, tend to a larger degree to permeate the organization, and are IME harder to ignore...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by weero
But then the only thing I care about is when the Premium Eco is coming?

On how many birds and on what routes???
We will have to find someone with better contacts than I have inside LH to find more details on Y+.

Has anyone else heard more about when the Y+ conversion is to start, and how the conversion will proceed (what routes are first, etc.)?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
This is also my experience. Fortunately, with unpleasant cabin staff (on any airline), one can generally choose to simply ignore them. Management attitudes and decisions, however, tend to a larger degree to permeate the organization, and are IME harder to ignore...
The problem in BA is that the staff ignore the customer, that is difficult to solve by customers ignoring the staff...

Just came off two long haul BA flights in C (old F so didn't upgrade out of my UD seats) where I had to clear my own table, remind the attendants that I had already ordered breakfast and what I had ordered, got a strange look when i wanted the washbag before settling in my seat, etc. But 64A and 64K ensured 8 hours of full flat sleep at least. T5 remains a nightmare though.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:54 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I told Mr. Spohr directly (in the group dialog) that I (as an LH customer) would give him more money if he can make my life easier. He acknowledged I had point and it was something worth thinking about.
1) The response seems rather standard if you don't want to discuss the topic any further because you won't agree anyway.

2) You might actually given him an idea: the introduction of the JPLUS fare with a rebooking guarantee.

HTB.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
"I think the frequent-flier program is a very important commercial tool ... of each airline"

Who said that? Dr Franz himself according to this article in Today in the Sky.

On the topic of frequent-fliers being able to redeem miles for tickets on other carriers within the Star Alliance group, Franz said "we have an interest in our company to have a balanced mix of redemption tickets from our customers and customers from Star partners on our aircraft."

When asked about complaints United has received from customers who are upset that it will now be harder to book on partners like Lufthansa, Franz said: "This is obviously for us a compliment, with regard to the quality that we offer."
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MichielR
The problem in BA is that the staff ignore the customer, that is difficult to solve by customers ignoring the staff...

Just came off two long haul BA flights in C (old F so didn't upgrade out of my UD seats) where I had to clear my own table...
Happens to me on LH all the time! (in C)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.