Originally Posted by N1003U
The audience questions:

M&M Program Enhancements:
totti kicked off the dialog
Actually it was rcs.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by SMK77
You should have followed up with Spohr why selling fares for higher prices is somehow not reflecting in the actual numbers...
Sorry guy, but I am not able to comment on those numbers personally without having enough detailed information.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They did backgrounders in the LH customer database based on the real-life names provided by you. No FT names were provided.
Some had very long text comments, while others comments looked almost empty.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Ok, I just don't understand one thing. Some airlines (TK, BA, SK - I am sure you guys can name more) bring back to normal or do not touch earnings in their FFP and yet seem to be doing fine, and now even attract more customers. So is LH saying that all these airlines are gonna fail or LH has just poor management who cannot handle their FFP?

@ number of frequent flyers. Well, it is the largest program so they have a lot of members. They give status for 2 years so they likely have also a lot of FTLs. I think the number of SENs is not that large but I might be wrong. I think it would be less painful and do not deter that many people if they start giving status for a year (it'd also reduce the number of flyers with privileges) and keep earning scheme as it was.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by outgoing
Ok, I just don't understand one thing. Some airlines (TK, BA, SK - I am sure you guys can name more) bring back to normal or do not touch earnings in their FFP and yet seem to be doing fine
Mr. Spohr oracled that we will see several changes to the BA FFP benefits in the next couple years.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Mr. Spohr oracled that we will see several changes to the BA FFP benefits in the next couple years.
But my impression was that they just recently changed it to give full credit for cheapo econ? I could deal with the really cheap crap but S,V and Q on 0.5 is way to much for me!!! SK definitely changed it back to full credit recently being for that matter in deep s*** financially.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Actually it was rcs.
Sorry, my mistake. :embarrassed:

Of course you are correct.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by outgoing
But my impression was that they just recently changed it to give full credit for cheapo econ? I could deal with the really cheap crap but S,V and Q on 0.5 is way to much for me!!! SK definitely changed it back to full credit recently being for that matter in deep s*** financially.
SAS are not changing their earnings anytime soon. The 100% on all tickets was a move to attract more members to the program, which they use to win market share from their main competitor Norwegian. While status may be easy to reach, they still manage to provide their status customers with some recognition and good service. For SAS the EB program is working very well, and it shows a good example on how a FFP can be used as an effective tool in winning over customers from your competitors.

The whole core fundament of having loyal customers is the fact that they requires less effort, than to constantly have to look for new customers. If LH were to resort to being a completely transactional airline, they would probably be forced to spend more money on advertising and sales promotions to win over their one-time high-yield customer. Don't think that's a good strategy for the long term…

Last edited by LH4116; Nov 5, 2013 at 1:45 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some had very long text comments, while others comments looked almost empty.
I'm sure mine was almost empty with the exception of a previous offence as a Cessna HON.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:11 pm

HON

Any comments / insights on the HON program ?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 1a
Any comments / insights on the HON program ?
Folllowing the discussion there was a comment that the program had been a victim of itself and thus members were being reduced.

They certainly seemed clear that they did not think it had been a good idea to award HON miles for economy fares (which of course has stopped). Also no way the booking guarantee is coming back in its old format (i.e D class).

It seems they really want the HON program for the customer who wants to buy the full fare tickets in business and first. At least that is how I understood it.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm sure mine was almost empty with the exception of a previous offence as a Cessna HON.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It seems they really want the HON program for the customer who wants to buy the full fare tickets in business and first. At least that is how I understood it.
To avoid disappointed customers, wouldn't it simply be better to make HON Circle an invitation-only program. Qualification based on revenue to LH Group only, and only have a fixed number of members. For instance limit the number of HONs to the 2000 most profitable customers of the LH Group. SAS uses a similar scheme for their Pandion tier…
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
To avoid disappointed customers, wouldn't it simply be better to make HON Circle an invitation-only program. Qualification based on revenue to LH Group only, and only have a fixed number of members. For instance limit the number of HONs to the 2000 most profitable customers of the LH Group. SAS uses a similar scheme for their Pandion tier…
That's a really bad suggestion IMHO. At least now there are clear qualification rules.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG

That's perfectly fine with me .
Any input on " enhancements " for HON either way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.