Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Dialog 2013 event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by htb
1) The response seems rather standard if you don't want to discuss the topic any further because you won't agree anyway.
Actually, he came back to the point himself again during the discussion, so it didn't strike me as a complete brush-off..

2) You might actually given him an idea: the introduction of the JPLUS fare with a rebooking guarantee.
He certainly seemed convinced that if you don't buy a fully flexible ticket, you should not get flexibility with your ticket...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:29 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
He certainly seemed convinced that if you don't buy a fully flexible ticket, you should not get flexibility with your ticket...
By fully flexible Mr.Spohr only refers to J, even if other fares are promoted that way too.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:29 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
We will have to find someone with better contacts than I have inside LH to find more details on Y+.

Has anyone else heard more about when the Y+ conversion is to start, and how the conversion will proceed (what routes are first, etc.)?
I heard, that it will introduced during the ITB 2014.

Last edited by peter42; Nov 11, 2013 at 8:10 am
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given what was said at the Dialogue, I couldn't help but search for 'HON Circle' on eBay.de. What a bargain I found, a Rimowa Cabin Trolley (broken) that belong(ed) to a HON Circle, complete with HON luggage tag and HON Priority Tags!!!

This is one cheeky guy or a stupid thief .
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by peter42
By fully flexible Mr.Spohr only refers to J, even if other fares are promoted that way too.
Yes, that struck me as strange--that Mr. Spohr spoke almost as if the notion of "semi flexibility" did not exist...never mind that customers pay extra fare, plus a change fee for some flexibility...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by LH4116
Out of curiosity, what exactly did AF-KLM do to chase off all their customers? Nowadays I'd say that the FB program is fairly easy to reach status with, though the earnings aren't too good.
You know, you're going to have to have a trawl through the Air France forum to really know what has been going on. But they have reduced mileage earning to a pitiful level on, I would say, all economy fares. And redemption levels are absurdly high in the premium cabins, hundreds of thousands of miles needed compared to just a handful of years ago. And we're not exactly talking about a great product here, not to mention CDG airport and all its shenanigans. Members claim that having status yields no benefits or perks whatsoever, compared to other programmes.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by weero
With the consequence that I entirely stopped using roaming and switched to prepaid only and mostly use the phone when I get a WiFi hotspot.

I am unwilling to read through all the tricks and traps offered. And as I won't get the flexibility anyway, I rather just not use it that much.

Very much alike airlines. They now provide us with hard incentives not to travel unless unavoidable ...
Just like me, I have prepaid for the three countries where I do most of my work. I always thought that the roaming contracts were a bit of a swizz anyway, and it didn't take me much maths to work that out. Maybe it's just that my needs are a bit unlike the average person's.

Shame that the airlines have become what they have become. They are responsible for their own demise, in my opinion.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Concerto
..Shame that the airlines have become what they have become. They are responsible for their own demise, in my opinion.
They unfortunately have the same leverage as the phone companies - like wireless networks, LCCs do not have the complete coverage. If I could fly LCC to Europe and the States, I would not waste time and money on legacies anymore...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by weero
They unfortunately have the same leverage as the phone companies - like wireless networks, LCCs do not have the complete coverage. If I could fly LCC to Europe and the States, I would not waste time and money on legacies anymore...
If we follow this analogy to it's logical end, then all ground and flight services will eventually be outsourced to a "network operator", and the airlines will become a logo and band name on the front-end of the booking software...with the underlying service virtually undifferentiable...@:-)

That would be a shame, but not an impossible scenario.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
They also have something called J Superflex which I came across sometime ago on lh.com- EUR 2800 one way PMI-LHR compared to J fare of EUR 600 something.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I heard, that it will introduced during the ITB 2014.
Yep, Mr Huber confirmed that the new seat and service concept will be introduced at the ITB next year. He also told us that it will be completely newly developed seat and not just a plain Y seat with more pitch as already mentioned in this forum some time ago.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
The Irony of all this

Lieber Nswat
Sie zählen zu unseren besten Kunden und stehen deshalb für uns an erster Stelle. Exklusiv für Sie haben wir nun First Class Angebote zu Top-Konditionen. Steigen Sie ein und genießen Sie perfekten Komfort – ausgezeichnet mit fünf Sternen in der renommierten Skytrax Rangliste.

Translation

Dear Nswat, you count as one of our best clients and because of that you are in first place for us.....

Gee with 78% travel in cheapo Y fares (ELTS) i Find that email from them hilarious considering how they have told me with their latest enhancements, dear Nswat you are a cheapskate and we don't want you!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by nswat
Lieber Nswat
Sie zählen zu unseren besten Kunden und stehen deshalb für uns an erster Stelle. Exklusiv für Sie haben wir nun First Class Angebote zu Top-Konditionen. Steigen Sie ein und genießen Sie perfekten Komfort – ausgezeichnet mit fünf Sternen in der renommierten Skytrax Rangliste.

Translation

Dear Nswat, you count as one of our best clients and because of that you are in first place for us.....

Gee with 78% travel in cheapo Y fares (ELTS) i Find that email from them hilarious considering how they have told me with their latest enhancements, dear Nswat you are a cheapskate and we don't want you!
Yes, but they will be happy to sell you a First Class ticket for 30%-50% more than a skilled travel agent can find for you on the same airline on the same route... :roll eyes: (I got a similar promotional e-mail directed at Senators)

I don't have the exact quote, but what was it that Mr. Spohr said? Something like:
'...we want the maximum possible revenue from each passenger, today...'
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
If we follow this analogy to it's logical end, then all ground and flight services will eventually be outsourced to a "network operator", and the airlines will become a logo and band name on the front-end of the booking software...with the underlying service virtually undifferentiable...@:-)

That would be a shame, but not an impossible scenario.
Indeed. And I find it bizarre - to put it mildly - that airlines which have unique selling points occasionally hawk their services and reputation off ways below price just to strike a deal.

QF did this shamelessly with their CI codeshares. All those pax who endured QF's food because they are the safest airline, found themselves on the polar opposite ... and quite a few walked.

LH's push to get the AI nightmare into the *A wasn't all that dissimilar. Imagine if you paid a premium to ride on "clean and safe planes" and ended up on AI metal.

I cannot think of this as very sustainable strategies regarding the brand integrity ....
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... back from my trip and disappointed not to read anymore details of the event. Are you guys done with your notes yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.