Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Dialog 2013 event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
... And we never got to know which shoe-size Spohr has ...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kleffen
... And we never got to know which shoe-size Spohr has ...
True. But Mr Spohr said he and his family had just returned from a holiday and liked the new C seats very much (they went out in old C).
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
True. But Mr Spohr said he and his family had just returned from a holiday and liked the new C seats very much (they went out in old C).
Of course, Spohr has to give a praise for a seat that he took a part in its development
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Of course, Spohr has to give a praise for a seat that he took a part in its development
But we missed the opportunity to ask about his shoe size because we were so surprised to hear he actually like the seats.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
And realistically what could a business leader say "I am authorizing an investment of 1 bio eur in a product that is outdated at launch?"
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Your anger management therapy has worked out really well!
Indeed!

I was told that I improved so much that I soon can get into unfenced areas. I just need to keep a distance to women and other things I could possibly mistake for flight attendants ...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:11 pm

So these are the answers to Sunseekers request for a good summary report from the attendees
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a
So these are the answers to Sunseekers request for a good summary report from the attendees
No, we are still waiting for the transcript of the general Q&A session from the event moderators which may also include a summary of informal face-to-face conversations after the moderated session. But don't expect anything very different from what you have read in this thread already.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
But we missed the opportunity to ask about his shoe size because we were so surprised to hear he actually like the seats.
Which perhaps implies that he has very small feet...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by N1003U
We will have to find someone with better contacts than I have inside LH to find more details on Y+.

Has anyone else heard more about when the Y+ conversion is to start, and how the conversion will proceed (what routes are first, etc.)?
The new Y+ is set to debut on A380 aircraft in q3-q4 of 2014
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:03 pm

No, we are still waiting for the transcript of the general Q&A session from the event moderators which may also include a summary of informal face-to-face conversations after the moderated session. But don't expect anything very different from what you have read in this thread already.
Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
A note came in just now with a request to post in this thread:

Originally Posted by Dr. Reinhold Huber via email
Dear FlyerTalkers & Vielfliegertreff members,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving up your time to meet with us at Frankfurt Airport's DAVINCI HAUS on 4 November. For us this was a very important meeting and one which we should have had a long time ago.

We really appreciated the open discussion and hearing your true feelings about Lufthansa and our management decisions. As so often in life, not all decisions are perfect, yet my colleagues and I hope that we were able to give you some insights into why certain decisions were arrived at. These were not easy decisions for us to make and we understand that not everyone is happy with them, but we hope that we were able to explain the background to each decision and the thought processes behind it.

We hope the discussion made clear that we are really interested in having this open dialogue with you and we hope to continue it in the future. It might not always be apparent, but during the last few months such discussions have helped us to get a much better understanding of our customers' perspectives and feelings - and we have changed our point of view on some matters as a result. In the future we hope that you will also experience some of the changes we make as a consequence of your open and honest feedback during these meetings.

I am looking forward to the next opportunity to meet with FlyerTalk & Vielfliegertreff members and to continue this very constructive debate!

Our sincere gratitude for the time and effort you invested in making this meeting happen!

Kind regards,
Dr. Reinhold Huber
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
The new Y+ is set to debut on A380 aircraft in q3-q4 of 2014
Supercool. Until then it will be WT+ for me.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
...These were not easy decisions for us to make and we understand that not everyone is happy with them, but we hope that we were able to explain the background to each decision and the thought processes behind it...
I have to admit that it indeed was a landmark event and they probably were too open for their own standards.

For me it made the near future decisions easier as he now have a very clear direction from the two leaders in the *A. And we don't have to base our bets and investments on speculation, hopes, and anger anymore.

So thank all who were involved!!!!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A note came in just now with a request to post in this thread:
but during the last few months such discussions have helped us to get a much better understanding of our customers' perspectives and feelings - and we have changed our point of view on some matters as a result.

Any idea of any changes (as per our feelings) this guy is talking about
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
They tweaked the 4U concept quite a bit during the summer based on feedback from such event(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.