Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LH 411 JFK-MUC 1730-07:30 A-340-600

Choice of pasta or beef. This was a hamburger and it was actually pretty good albeit small

Usual lame breakfast
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats supposed to be 'Chopped Beef Steak with Potato Gratin and mixed grilled Vegetables'

https://lh-menu.de/download/2019--01-02/E/411P/1
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
LH423 BOS-FRA
18/1/19 1620-0525+1
B744 D-ABVR

"Diced chicken thigh teriyaki with Asian vegetables and sticky rice"

Tasted only marginally better than it looked in the picture — the dish probably spent too much time in the oven and the rice and vegetables were mush. Big fresh salad was a plus even though I'm not really a salad person. Brownie was dry and meh.

Slept through (or at least refused to take off my eye mask) what passes for breakfast on an eastbound redeye so no pictures there.

LH924 FRA-LHR
19/1/19 0700-0745
A320neo D-AINP
— plane was barely a month old at this point and still had the new plane smell

Options were described as either "sandwich or something sweet" and since I already had my fill of savoury food in the SEN lounge (which had a very decent breakfast spread — was probably even better than the MLL this time around tbh) opted for the sweet option which turned out to be a filled pastry with nuts — was surprisingly good. (Only realised to take a picture after I'd taken a bite out of it though)

Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
the sweet option which turned out to be a filled pastry with nuts — was surprisingly good.

I had this pecan pastry on a MUC-AMS a couple of weeks ago and it is indeed delicious, but very very messy to eat, so be warned if you're all dressed for business!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Food in Economy

I have to admit to being a OW traveller so have no status in *A.

I'm flying DUB-FRA and then FRA-TLV in Economy. There's 90 minutes connection but my PP lounge list says that there are none that I can access if transitting.

May I ask what food will be served on each flight? I guess a sandwich on the first! I see that I cannot pay to upgrade a meal on the second but will probably be hungry!

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just buy a (pricy) sandwich at FRA and get it over with. Or bring your own lunch.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I have to admit to being a OW traveller so have no status in *A.

I'm flying DUB-FRA and then FRA-TLV in Economy. There's 90 minutes connection but my PP lounge list says that there are none that I can access if transitting.

May I ask what food will be served on each flight? I guess a sandwich on the first! I see that I cannot pay to upgrade a meal on the second but will probably be hungry!

Thanks
You will normally get a sandwich and tea/coffee/soft drink/alcohol on DUB-FRA. If it’s a breakfast time flight you might get something different like a piece of cake.

A google search has found a few photos of Economy meals on FRA-TLV but they are a couple of years old. You’ll have to scroll down the page and click “SEE MORE”.

https://flight-report.com/en/report/...A_Tel_Aviv_TLV
https://flight-report.com/en/report/...A-Tel-Aviv-TLV
AirlineMeals.net - Airline catering * the world's largest website about airline catering, inflight meals and special meals
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Thanks for this. I love that the pasta was "disgusting". Hopefully they will have baked some fresh for my journey!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LX 19 EWR-ZRH 2200-1130 (+1) A-330-300

Choice of beef or cheese tortellini. For a flight departing at 10 PM this was pretty substantive

Nice to see you get a croissant with breakfast on LX rather than a granola bar like on LH
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:21 am

LX 1216 ZRH-OSL 1630-1855 EMB-190
LX 1211 OSL-ZRH 1320-1545 A-220-300

Same thing both directions, tasted like tomato sauce.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
LH CLT - MUC breakfast in economy

Hi All,

I admit that I don’t fly to Europe that much. Thus my comparison would be to flights to Asia. I just flew LH CLT to MUC. I was very surprised that they didn’t serve hot breakfast. They only gave us a cup of fruit and a muffin with juices. Is this normal for flights to Europe in general or is it just LH or is it just this route in particular?

Years ago I flew SQ and KLM and I remember for them to serve hot breakfast to FRA and AMS from JFK.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Hot breakfast in Y is only served on flights from the west coast, east coast gets cold cuts and fruit, as it is served only a few hours after dinner and often around midnight departure city time.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Hi all, I am flying LH from FRA to YYZ and am considering booking the vegetarian ("healthy") a la carte meal for 15 euro since my experience with ordinary vegetarian meals are...not good (always too small and often just carbs). Does anyone have any recent experiences with the a la carte options on LH long-haul (vegetarian or not...)?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

MAN-FRA 15:00 departure (block time 1h40m) December 2019

Rye bread with pastrami and egg

A similar sandwich two years earlier

If if anyone cares to compare the ingredients of the two versions.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28738371-post151.html

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 15, 2019 at 3:17 am
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:32 am

FRA-MAN 11:10 departure (1h45m block time) December 2019

Ready baked, DEEP FROZEN, chocolate chip cookie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.