Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Delight yourself with this yummy threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...lass-food.html

Seriously, LH is handing out too often lately that creepy salad. Must be something to do with the bdsm process of flying their Y.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Horrific "food" in Y MUC-MAN

I've done this flight 27 times this year (with a nod to myflightmemory) & yet to "eat" the food provided

Horrid, messy goo

Although im guessing it has more nutritional value than the Mövenpick ice cream served on LX...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I do not understand why they do not offer a plain cheese sandwich that would OK for +95% of the passengers.

These plastic containers are cheaper?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Seriously, LH is handing out too often lately that creepy salad. Must be something to do with the bdsm process of flying their Y.
Yup- hit new book "Fifty shades of M", followed "Frequent Traveller Darker", and lastly, as the Flyertalker sees the light "Frequent Traveller Freed" (The thrilling end in the Trilogy also known as Emirates Platinum card )
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by more4less
I do not understand why they do not offer a plain cheese sandwich that would OK for +95% of the passengers.

Like in the past. Although I must say that those sandwiches also got really old after about the hundredth time the plopped one down on my tray. Every flight, every meal..."would you like the cheese sandwich, or the cheese sandwich?"
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Often from what I have seen people are finishing work, arriving at the airport without time to eat, and need to work on arrival or are arriving quite late at night at their destination and thus leaving them without any choice but to eat on the aircraft. At least that is usually the reason my colleagues and I tend to eat on the aircraft.
Also, as I stated before, if you are connecting and it means that while the flight is short the total travel time can be long.

Many times I have left the office @ 15:00 or 16:00, taken 2 flights and not got home until 22:00. Recently I had a 4.5 hour train ride at one end of my trip, so despite a 1.5h flight I had a total travel time of some 8.5 - 9 hours, and the train just had a machine that only accepted the local debit cards!

Originally Posted by Wombelero
And you don't even have 5 minutes to pick up a proper sandwich somwhere? Talk about poor planning if you rely on airplane food...
W
I agree that picking up airport food is a better option, and is what I do rather than chance the LH 'food' offering. But some people might not do this because they think 'I will get fed on the plane', so why pay 3.50 Euros for a water and 5.50 Euros for a sandwhich at the airport.

Originally Posted by Wickersley
I've done this flight 27 times this year (with a nod to myflightmemory) & yet to "eat" the food provided

Horrid, messy goo

Although im guessing it has more nutritional value than the Mövenpick ice cream served on LX...
I also avoid the food offering most of the time. And I also don't find the food in C to be that good either and on the very, very, rare occasion I do fly C short haul then I also do often decline. (As I have often done longhaul as well).

Originally Posted by more4less

I agree fully.

The current offering of Pork excludes people of certain faiths, all Vegetarians and a lot of people who just don't like pork. Cheese is much more accepted by most people.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Wow, what a complainer, at least you got something to eat, look at us in N.America, we get crap, we pay for everything!!! So you have a choice, fly BA, and let them serve you blood pudding.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by milepig
Like in the past. Although I must say that those sandwiches also got really old after about the hundredth time the plopped one down on my tray. Every flight, every meal..."would you like the cheese sandwich, or the cheese sandwich?"
In LX they also offer a choice of chicken sandwich that is quite tasty(for being on an aeroplane)
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:44 am

I like the schnitzel and potato salad!

For a relatively short flight I think it is a good offer - much better than a boring cheese sandwich....

It is very German style though - particularly the potato salad is never served that way in UK.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:48 am

The thought made me hungry - so here is NewbieRunner's photo from the other thread he linked!

I'm sure it costs LH more than a sandwich.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8420PR
The thought made me hungry - so here is NewbieRunner's photo from the other thread he linked!

I'm sure it costs LH more than a sandwich.
Finger lickin' good, mmm yummy!!!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well that looks like a proper meal at least.

Speaking of terrible food, I am still having shivers about the nasty sandwich LH served me on ARN-TXL a while ago. Dark bread sandwich with two big slabs of butter and a mystery meat patty inbetween. At first glance I thought it was salami, but the consistency was waay to thick and slimy. Looked almost like somebody had chewed on salami and then spit it out to form a 1cm thick slab. Nearly threw up after the first bite…
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:55 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
Cheese is much more accepted by most people.
Which is surprising considering that cheese is really just moldy milk.

HTB.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
Well that looks like a proper meal at least.

well, if you are starving probably...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a suggestion for the OP, next time order a Special meal in advance. That way you will get maybe a better option.
SPECIAL MEALS:
http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/Special-meals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.