Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:02 am

Hey lurkers,

We recently traveled from SFO to LIS and back from MAD to SFO, partly on Lufthansa.

On flight from SFO to FRA, we volunteered to take a flight departing 8 hours later through MUC, in exchange for $800 compensation each.

We claimed the compensation at MUC. The agent told us that both compensation certificates have been refunded to an AMEX CC.

However, we never received 1 out of the 2 refunds.

AMEX told us that Lufthansa never sent a second $800 refund to them.

Upon further investigation at MAD airport on our way back, we received the refund confirmation/receipt for each certificate from the LH rep who was unable to assist us further. One confirmation certificate clearly mentions CCAX (or AMEX Credit Card) as the form of refund

However, the second confirmation mentions "MSCC DB" as the form of payment, with no additional information.

Upon talking to supervisors at FRA airport Lufthansa service center on the way back, we were told that this was a clerical mistake since the refund was never processed to a form of payment. They said they would get back to us at some point but haven't yet.

I am entitled to the full USD800 refund, but I have not received it due to this mistake.

I've been unable to find any relevant phone numbers, customer care has no idea who I should talk to aside from emailing customer.relations@lufthansa, and I simply haven't been able to figure out a next plan of attack in order to get the money I'm entitled to.

Please message me for all the numbers and additional details.

Thank you so much!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:09 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Redhat72
Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

Recently flew two long haul segments (EWR-FRA) and (FRA-BOM) with family that included kids ages 7 & 9. Kids did not get any on-board games or coloring books or puzzles like they used to get in the past. Has Lufthansa stopped giving them out? Kids got some goodies on an Air India flight and have got cool kid stuff on LH flights in the past, so they were a bit disappointed.

Thanks !
Hi Redhat72, sorry to hear about your disappointment. The crew usually hands out children's toys to the youngest passengers on all routes. Did you ask the crew on board why you were left empty-handed? My apologies! Sandra
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by cmustudent
Hey lurkers,

We recently traveled from SFO to LIS and back from MAD to SFO, partly on Lufthansa.

On flight from SFO to FRA, we volunteered to take a flight departing 8 hours later through MUC, in exchange for $800 compensation each.

We claimed the compensation at MUC. The agent told us that both compensation certificates have been refunded to an AMEX CC.

However, we never received 1 out of the 2 refunds.

AMEX told us that Lufthansa never sent a second $800 refund to them.

Upon further investigation at MAD airport on our way back, we received the refund confirmation/receipt for each certificate from the LH rep who was unable to assist us further. One confirmation certificate clearly mentions CCAX (or AMEX Credit Card) as the form of refund

However, the second confirmation mentions "MSCC DB" as the form of payment, with no additional information.

Upon talking to supervisors at FRA airport Lufthansa service center on the way back, we were told that this was a clerical mistake since the refund was never processed to a form of payment. They said they would get back to us at some point but haven't yet.

I am entitled to the full USD800 refund, but I have not received it due to this mistake.

I've been unable to find any relevant phone numbers, customer care has no idea who I should talk to aside from emailing customer.relations@lufthansa, and I simply haven't been able to figure out a next plan of attack in order to get the money I'm entitled to.

Please message me for all the numbers and additional details.

Thank you so much!

Hi cmustudent, please provide me with your contact and flight details via pm - I will try and see if there is anything we can do to help. Regards and a happy weekend, Sandra
Old Jun 10, 2016, 8:58 am

Thanks Sandra, I've sent you a message with all the necessary details.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Redhat72, sorry to hear about your disappointment. The crew usually hands out children's toys to the youngest passengers on all routes. Did you ask the crew on board why you were left empty-handed? My apologies! Sandra
Dear Sandra,
Thanks for your response.

I did not feel right to ask the crew for goodies. No other kids around us got them either. So I thought that they must have stopped the service to save costs.

Regards
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72
Dear Sandra,
Thanks for your response.

I did not feel right to ask the crew for goodies. No other kids around us got them either. So I thought that they must have stopped the service to save costs.

Regards

Hi Redhat72, in rare cases my colleagues on board, indeed, just ran out of toys. Hope, however, that your experience will remain a one-off event. Sandra
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hi Lurkers,
What's wrong with the M&M Website these days? There are a number of display issues, but one that's really annoying at the moment is that even though the side bar recognises that I'm a Senator, when I go to the Mileage Request page it says "As a new Miles & More member with a temporary paper card, please use the PDF files in the right-hand column of the table for a retroactive mileage credit." There is no way for me to enter ticket details online anymore, even though I'm a Senator.
This is particularly annoying since my boarding pass clearly has my SEN number on it, and it was part of a 2-segment journey and the second segment recorded just fine.
What can we do about this?
Thanks guys.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
Hi Lurkers,
What's wrong with the M&M Website these days? There are a number of display issues, but one that's really annoying at the moment is that even though the side bar recognises that I'm a Senator, when I go to the Mileage Request page it says "As a new Miles & More member with a temporary paper card, please use the PDF files in the right-hand column of the table for a retroactive mileage credit." There is no way for me to enter ticket details online anymore, even though I'm a Senator.
This is particularly annoying since my boarding pass clearly has my SEN number on it, and it was part of a 2-segment journey and the second segment recorded just fine.
What can we do about this?
Thanks guys.
Hello Vantage03, thanks for the feedback. These issues are known, the corresponding tickets have been opened and they should all be resolved soon. My apologies for the inconvenience. Adam
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear lurkers,
I have a question regarding the new 'lufthansa surprise' blind booking system: does the system ensure you have almost a day at the destination when you select just one day? Have you set the system so that you are not sent to the destination with the last flight of the day and have to return with the early morning flight the next day?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear lurkers,
I have a question regarding the new 'lufthansa surprise' blind booking system: does the system ensure you have almost a day at the destination when you select just one day? Have you set the system so that you are not sent to the destination with the last flight of the day and have to return with the early morning flight the next day?
Follow up question on Lufthansa:

Are you aware that it takes less than a minute to figure out the city you're actually getting?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear lurkers,
Hello Oliver,
if you choose a stay for just one night then a minimum stay of 18 hours is granted (for two nights a minimum stay of 36 hours). The system is adjusted accordingly.
Jens
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

I have a business class booking on Lufthansa and Swiss. I am unable to edit my seat selections on the Lufthansa website and I get the following message:
We are sorry.
Unfortunately, seat reservations are not possible. Exemptions may apply to travelling HON Circle Members and Senators.

You may log in if applicable and retry a seat reservation
Has the ability to view and change seats been removed from the website?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins
Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

I have a business class booking on Lufthansa and Swiss. I am unable to edit my seat selections on the Lufthansa website and I get the following message:
We are sorry.
Unfortunately, seat reservations are not possible. Exemptions may apply to travelling HON Circle Members and Senators.

You may log in if applicable and retry a seat reservation
Has the ability to view and change seats been removed from the website?
Hi mdobbins,

usually seats can be viewed, reserved and changed online. However, there might be some exceptions.
My colleagues from the Technical Support Team can tell you more.
Please kindly give them a call.

Vanessa
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I broke the LH reservation system :-(

Hey Lurkers,

I paid for a cash upgrade + exit row seat, but lost the cash upgrade and got my record out of sync when I had a segment changed from UA codeshare to LH. LH customer support says the money is non-refundable since my travel agent made the change which cancelled the upgrade. I am UA Platinum and the ticket was issued on UA stock with both UA and LH locators.

Original itinerary:
  • United Airlines Flight 58 from San Francisco CA to Frankfurt on July 08
  • United Airlines Flight 8898 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09 (Codeshare)
  • Lufthansa Flight 755 from Bangalore to Frankfurt on July 15
  • Lufthansa Flight 978 from Frankfurt to Dublin on July 15
  • United Airlines Flight 131 from Dublin to Newark NJ on July 23
  • United Airlines Flight 1979 from Newark NJ to San Francisco CA on July 23

Cash upgrade on LH755, exit row on LH 978. A cash upgrade couldn't be done on the codeshare, so my agent reissued that segment as:
  • Lufthansa Flight 754 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09

Which apparently broke LH's reservation system, cancelling the upgrade and exit row, and leaving the record in an "out of sync" condition which UA and LH can't clear even after multiple reissues.

So I am out $375 for an upgrade that LH cannot process. I have been going back and forth with customer service without any satisfaction, so I finally cancelled the entire ticket, also losing the $35 for the exit row seat. I am looking for some kind of refund since I don't think it's my fault that your system broke.

My correspondence is with:
Gillian
Customer Relations Support
Lufthansa German Airlines
e-mail [email protected]

Last edited by Ronlap; Jun 24, 2016 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Ronlap
Hey Lurkers,

I paid for a cash upgrade + exit row seat, but lost the cash upgrade and got my record out of sync when I had a segment changed from UA codeshare to LH. LH customer support says the money is non-refundable since my travel agent made the change which cancelled the upgrade. I am UA Platinum and the ticket was issued on UA stock with both UA and LH locators.

Original itinerary:
  • United Airlines Flight 58 from San Francisco CA to Frankfurt on July 08
  • United Airlines Flight 8898 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09 (Codeshare)
  • Lufthansa Flight 755 from Bangalore to Frankfurt on July 15
  • Lufthansa Flight 978 from Frankfurt to Dublin on July 15
  • United Airlines Flight 131 from Dublin to Newark NJ on July 23
  • United Airlines Flight 1979 from Newark NJ to San Francisco CA on July 23

Cash upgrade on LH755, exit row on LH 978. A cash upgrade couldn't be done on the codeshare, so my agent reissued that segment as:
  • Lufthansa Flight 754 from Frankfurt to Bangalore on July 09

Which apparently broke LH's reservation system, cancelling the upgrade and exit row, and leaving the record in an "out of sync" condition which UA and LH can't clear even after multiple reissues.

So I am out $375 for an upgrade that LH cannot process. I have been going back and forth with customer service without any satisfaction, so I finally cancelled the entire ticket, also losing the $35 for the exit row seat. I am looking for some kind of refund since I don't think it's my fault that your system broke.

My correspondence is with:
Gillian
Customer Relations Support
Lufthansa German Airlines
e-mail [email protected]
Hello Ronlap,
Unfortunately, we cannot assist you here. If you are in contact with Customer Relation, they will investigate and get back to you with their findings. For future reference, please find more specific information and conditions regarding upgrades here: http://bit.ly/28WApm4. Adam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.