Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:20 pm

F prices up with 5000€

Hi LH Lurkers

Just the other day i finished my search for the perfect ticket from OSL-SFO in F with some stops. There were several dates (read lots of dates) with the same price that i had found at LHs own website. I took a printed copy as well.

Two days later, after march 1st. Every flightplan with that route og a similar route is up by about 5000 euro. And it is not only that day. I have seached basicly every day until the end of 2016. The price are the same. Up with 5000 euros. The F ticekt are sold out with only the flexible ones left despite that even if i choose the flex-one an choose seat there are empty cabins in F.. Can you confirm the increase of prices in general and may i ask the reason why this step?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Dear Lurkers,

My HON partner, SEN & a Family friend were on LH2503, 21st December, business class, after boarding aircraft went tech with an engine oil leak.

Pax were kept onboard for 3 hours awaiting the outcome of a repair. This meant all pax missed alternative flights & connection, maybe good for LH, terrible for your passengers !

Flight was then cancelled, long wait for baggage recovery & then even longer wait for reticketing & hotel vouchers, no priority given to status pax or business class ! LH ground staff had 3 hours to prepare !

Arrival at final destination 14 hours late !

EU261 claim filed online 31/12 with a complaint about the appalling handling

No response from LH customer relations in over two months !

There are many posts in this forum about how poor LH customer service is.

Do LH consider it acceptable for no response to be forthcoming to a SEN in two Months ?

Given the frequent criticism about LH CR why is nothing done to improve it ?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by chris63
Dear Lurkers,

My HON partner, SEN & a Family friend were on LH2503, 21st December, business class, after boarding aircraft went tech with an engine oil leak.

Pax were kept onboard for 3 hours awaiting the outcome of a repair. This meant all pax missed alternative flights & connection, maybe good for LH, terrible for your passengers !

Flight was then cancelled, long wait for baggage recovery & then even longer wait for reticketing & hotel vouchers, no priority given to status pax or business class ! LH ground staff had 3 hours to prepare !

Do LH consider it acceptable for no response to be forthcoming to a SEN in two Months ?

I had to call into the FTL line at least 3 times to try to get my refunds processed for 3 tickets I cancelled with them myself.

Only on the last try did the refunds go through the "queue" and I am wondering why...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:26 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello htb, please give us your Feedback ID number and we will send a reminder to Customer Relations and ask them to contact you. Adam
Thank you but I prefer to wait another two months to see how ridiculously long the wait can get without intervention.

HTB.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:00 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by zappa42m
I've got the Feedback-ID, and now no money no response.
Is it ok to authorize my bank to get the money back because the payment was made by debit advice.
Hi zappa42m, the colleagues in the Service Center (http://f.lh.com/7bDD) are actually able to look up your booking in our system and give you more information on your refund's status. Since they were the ones, however, asking you to address your matter to Customer Relations, you are most welcome to send me your Feedback-ID - I will try and see if there is anything we can do to help. Sandra
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Axelborg
Hi LH Lurkers

Just the other day i finished my search for the perfect ticket from OSL-SFO in F with some stops. There were several dates (read lots of dates) with the same price that i had found at LHs own website. I took a printed copy as well.

Two days later, after march 1st. Every flightplan with that route og a similar route is up by about 5000 euro. And it is not only that day. I have seached basicly every day until the end of 2016. The price are the same. Up with 5000 euros. The F ticekt are sold out with only the flexible ones left despite that even if i choose the flex-one an choose seat there are empty cabins in F.. Can you confirm the increase of prices in general and may i ask the reason why this step?
Hi Axelborg,

I am very sorry to hear that offered fare is not available anymore. Usually, I would argue with a limited capacity of special rates. However, this might not seem plausible, as you have checked several (lots of) dates. Upon checking First Class fares for the route OSL-SFO, I cannot confirm a general increase since March 1st. Special rates do still apply. Unfortunately, without specific dates and routing, I cannot verify available prices. If you feel confused by offered rates on lh.com, I would recommend that you call my colleagues at the Service Center to discuss mentioned issue. They will be able to check the most suitable offer and availability of the less expensive fares for you.

Katharina
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Dear Lurkers,

Hi chris63,

my apologies for mentioned distress after the flight cancellation. Just like you, I would have wished for a more convenient way to solve the irregularity and rebooking procedures, after your flight was cancelled. In regards to your claim, I can only comment from ours, the LH Social Media Team's point of perspective. We are very sorry about current delay in answering customers' feedbacks to Customer Relations and can well relate to caused frustration. Neither, unfortunately, are we able to speed up these processes for you nor have influence on the handling of our colleagues. However, if you would like me to, I can forward your Feedback ID to point at the long waiting time and ask to respond as soon as possible. To do so, please send your FB ID via PM. Thanks.

Katharina
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Hi zappa42m, the colleagues in the Service Center (http://f.lh.com/7bDD) are actually able to look up your booking in our system and give you more information on your refund's status. Since they were the ones, however, asking you to address your matter to Customer Relations, you are most welcome to send me your Feedback-ID - I will try and see if there is anything we can do to help. Sandra
Hi Sandra
Thank you in advance
I've send you the Feedback-ID. I called LH often and they always told that the refund was done on the 24th of February, and now it's up to my bank. But they always refused to send me an evidence of the moneytransfer with bank and accountdates. So I will authorize my bank to get the money back.

Last edited by zappa42m; Mar 7, 2016 at 10:28 pm
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Dear LH Lurker

Had lunch with a "former" Italian HON today
He "only" had 596,000 HON miles, LH dropped him back to SEN at the end of February, despite his appeal (was not even offer a challenge to make up the miles in the first 3 months)

Strikes me as incredibly short sighted
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Hi chris63,

my apologies for mentioned distress after the flight cancellation. Just like you, I would have wished for a more convenient way to solve the irregularity and rebooking procedures, after your flight was cancelled. In regards to your claim, I can only comment from ours, the LH Social Media Team's point of perspective. We are very sorry about current delay in answering customers' feedbacks to Customer Relations and can well relate to caused frustration. Neither, unfortunately, are we able to speed up these processes for you nor have influence on the handling of our colleagues. However, if you would like me to, I can forward your Feedback ID to point at the long waiting time and ask to respond as soon as possible. To do so, please send your FB ID via PM. Thanks.

Katharina
Thank you Katharina, feedback ID already sent to you.

Shameful that it is necessary for Lufthansa status customers to feel compelled to post these issues publicly, we have more important things to do
We will notify the community of the eventual outcome.

Regards to your team.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by zappa42m
Hi Sandra
Thank you in advance
I've send you the Feedback-ID. I called LH often and they always told that the refund was done on the 24th of February, and now it's up to my bank. But they always refused to send me an evidence of the moneytransfer with bank and accountdates. So I will authorize my bank to get the money back.
Hi zappa42m, thanks for providing me with the respective IDs. Please be assured that your issue was being looked into with care and the payment advised accordingly. Due to the possibility of having payments reversed, Lufthansa and banks, however, agreed on a 14 days' notice for SEPA payments. That means that the amount will be released and visible in your account upon expiry of this period. If you haven't received the money after that time frame and have checked with your bank that everything on their side went alright, you are very welcome to get back to us and we gladly check on the follow up. Sandra
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
SPG transfer to M&M

Dear Lurkers,
I regularly transfer points from Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) to Lufthansa Miles & More, so I am very aware of how the process works.

I last transferred points over on February 13, 2016. I have a confirmation e-mail from SPG of the transfer, stating the correct M&M number and details. The process usually takes a few business days.

I still haven't received the points. SPG have checked their IT and have confirmed to me that the points were definitely credited to M&M.

I have called the M&M Service Centre (mine is in Australia), who said they will check with IT. They haven't heard anything. I have also submitted an online request to CR. Again, I haven't heard anything.

The miles have just disappeared. The problem is clearly on M&M's end as SPG actually went to the effort of checking their logs for me and confirm that the transfer was successful on their end. LH can't tell me anything.

I have successfully transferred miles many many times, most recently as early as the beginning of February.

Can you please advise on what I'm to do here? Losing the points into LH's IT system just isn't good enough.

Thank you for your help
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Hi zappa42m, thanks for providing me with the respective IDs. Please be assured that your issue was being looked into with care and the payment advised accordingly. Due to the possibility of having payments reversed, Lufthansa and banks, however, agreed on a 14 days' notice for SEPA payments. That means that the amount will be released and visible in your account upon expiry of this period. If you haven't received the money after that time frame and have checked with your bank that everything on their side went alright, you are very welcome to get back to us and we gladly check on the follow up. Sandra
Thank you very much Sandra
Why is ist not possible for the customerservice to give such an answer by mail or phone?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
Dear Lurkers,
I regularly transfer points from Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) to Lufthansa Miles & More, so I am very aware of how the process works.

I last transferred points over on February 13, 2016. I have a confirmation e-mail from SPG of the transfer, stating the correct M&M number and details. The process usually takes a few business days.

I still haven't received the points. SPG have checked their IT and have confirmed to me that the points were definitely credited to M&M.

I have called the M&M Service Centre (mine is in Australia), who said they will check with IT. They haven't heard anything. I have also submitted an online request to CR. Again, I haven't heard anything.

The miles have just disappeared. The problem is clearly on M&M's end as SPG actually went to the effort of checking their logs for me and confirm that the transfer was successful on their end. LH can't tell me anything.

I have successfully transferred miles many many times, most recently as early as the beginning of February.

Can you please advise on what I'm to do here? Losing the points into LH's IT system just isn't good enough.

Thank you for your help

Dear vantage03,

I am very sorry to hear about the upset and inconvenience caused by the points/ mileage transfer that has not been processed. May I request that you please send me detailed information, including the card numbers and possible reference or transaction numbers, per PM. I will forward this to Miles & More to try and assist resolving the matter.

Kind regards,
Isabell
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Dear LH lurkers,

I just wanted to give you some feedback regarding valid compensation claims. Some month ago I claimed compensation for a delayed flight in accordance with EU261. Sure enough, LH customer relations turned down my request even though it was a very obvious case. The moment I involved my lawyer LH paid the compensation with no additional questions asked.

I find it totally unacceptable that an aspiring 5 star airline tries to get away with this kind of behaviour trying send apologetic standard letters without meaningful content and declining compensation even in the most obvious cases and force customers to seek legal help to get what is their right. LH is certainly not the only airline to play this game and it is more the discrepancy between LH's aspirations/standards and reality that starts to disturb me more and more. And please do not tell me that this is a singular case. There are a lot of similar reports here on FT and I also know of several cases first hand.

Kind regards,
totti

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.