FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

kasi Oct 16, 2015 12:10 pm

[QUOTE=

FS_FRA Oct 19, 2015 2:07 am

Hello Lufthansa...

I was recently booked on a United flight GRU-IAD-FRA on a United ticket which was cancelled in GRU. I was re-booked onto the LH507 direct GRU-FRA, but the miles have not posted to my MaM account.

Question: who do I contact about claiming the miles? UA or LH? Or can I just go through the missing miles form on my MaM website?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 19, 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by FS_FRA (Post 25584278)
Hello Lufthansa...

I was recently booked on a United flight GRU-IAD-FRA on a United ticket which was cancelled in GRU. I was re-booked onto the LH507 direct GRU-FRA, but the miles have not posted to my MaM account.

Question: who do I contact about claiming the miles? UA or LH? Or can I just go through the missing miles form on my MaM website?

Hi FS_FRA,
if you would like to retroactively credit miles to your Miles & More account you can do so online here:
http://f.lh.com/Cpgg
Please note that this is only possible 14 days or later after your flight as the automatic credit may take up to two weeks.
Vanessa

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 20, 2015 8:06 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25574440)
No, it is even more interesting. On the phone they told me that they expect me to be willing to upfare to JFLEX77 (the fare they had to create after a court decision that they have to offer fares where the flight sequence is flexible) which is even more expensive than buying two new Tickets in normal J fareclass :-)

Hi kasi,
to get back to your question: Having contacted my colleagues once again, I have to point out that there is indeed nothing else to be added to our reply dated 15th October (at the moment). The whole topic in general is, however, currently being discussed internally. So it might only be a matter of time... (no promises made!) Sandra

RAMSWISS Oct 24, 2015 11:24 pm

PPB

Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

I am a member of the Partner Plus Benefit program of Lufthansa and use the points earned for upgrades for long haul parts of a journey.

If I am collecting miles on Miles and More the credits are done automatically. However when I am asking for mileage to be credited to my United airlines mileage plus account there seems to be no end to my agony.

There is no automatic credit of miles.

Next the online request to United gets rejected by Lufthansa that "booking class not eligible for credit".

At this stage I submit a copy of the boarding pass, original ticket showing paid fare class and email from PPB service team of Lufthansa confirming the upgrade. These documents are submitted to United and then I confirm with them that the documents have been forwarded to Lufthansa.

Yet again the credit gets rejected even though United has forwarded the supporting documents to Lufthansa. Then I am on the line with United airlines service center several times every few weeks before the credit comes through. United keeps on sending reminders to Lufthansa till the credit comes through.

Travel for March got credited recently and am now struggling to have credits done for June and September travel.

Both upgrades and award tickets are issue in "I" class.

If one were to check the ticket there are always some sectors in s/w/q class and some in I class. An award ticket cannot be issued with this mix of classes and it is apparent that certain sectors have been upgraded.

Further except for the upgraded sectors mileage for balance sectors has already been credited to my united mileage plus account.

I wonder if any agent at Lufthansa is even checking the ticket details or your automated systems are just rejecting the credits. The tickets are always issued by Lufthansa or Swiss. If your colleagues checked the tickets in your systems the credits would be done at first go.

I get the feeling that this harassment is intentional and your systems can be easily rectified. Maybe Lufthansa wants to discourage travellers in the PPB program from having miles credited in another star alliance program. (Even though United Airlines is part of this program).

The mileage is to be credited based on the paid class of travel and not flown class of travel. It is frustrating when I know the sector is eligible for mileage credit and lufthansa rejects the claim to united on the ground that is is an award ticket.

What do you suggest I should be doing since United Airlines says they can only keep on sending the request but it is Lufthansa who has to do the actual credits.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 26, 2015 8:26 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS (Post 25612228)
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

I am a member of the Partner Plus Benefit program of Lufthansa and use the points earned for upgrades for long haul parts of a journey.

If I am collecting miles on Miles and More the credits are done automatically. However when I am asking for mileage to be credited to my United airlines mileage plus account there seems to be no end to my agony.

There is no automatic credit of miles.

Next the online request to United gets rejected by Lufthansa that "booking class not eligible for credit".

At this stage I submit a copy of the boarding pass, original ticket showing paid fare class and email from PPB service team of Lufthansa confirming the upgrade. These documents are submitted to United and then I confirm with them that the documents have been forwarded to Lufthansa.

Yet again the credit gets rejected even though United has forwarded the supporting documents to Lufthansa. Then I am on the line with United airlines service center several times every few weeks before the credit comes through. United keeps on sending reminders to Lufthansa till the credit comes through.

Travel for March got credited recently and am now struggling to have credits done for June and September travel.

Both upgrades and award tickets are issue in "I" class.

If one were to check the ticket there are always some sectors in s/w/q class and some in I class. An award ticket cannot be issued with this mix of classes and it is apparent that certain sectors have been upgraded.

Further except for the upgraded sectors mileage for balance sectors has already been credited to my united mileage plus account.

I wonder if any agent at Lufthansa is even checking the ticket details or your automated systems are just rejecting the credits. The tickets are always issued by Lufthansa or Swiss. If your colleagues checked the tickets in your systems the credits would be done at first go.

I get the feeling that this harassment is intentional and your systems can be easily rectified. Maybe Lufthansa wants to discourage travellers in the PPB program from having miles credited in another star alliance program. (Even though United Airlines is part of this program).

The mileage is to be credited based on the paid class of travel and not flown class of travel. It is frustrating when I know the sector is eligible for mileage credit and lufthansa rejects the claim to united on the ground that is is an award ticket.

What do you suggest I should be doing since United Airlines says they can only keep on sending the request but it is Lufthansa who has to do the actual credits.

Hi RAMSWISS, although my guess is that you would have to contact
the Mileage Plus frequent flyer programme to have the colleagues look into this matter, as you are describing difficulties with getting your airmiles credited on the United Airlines mileage programme, I forwarded your feedback to Miles & More. I will come back as soon as I have a reply. Best regards, Maria

RAMSWISS Oct 27, 2015 12:20 am

Dear Maria,

I have sent you by private message the ticket numbers and flights that need to be credited.

I have contacted United Airlines for the credits who in turn have contacted Lufthansa Miles and More since the flights were operated by Lufthansa and Swiss.

Lufthansa Miles and More has rejected the credits to United Airlines that these are award tickets while in fact they are paid tickets and only the sectors were upgraded. Both tickets were issued by Lufthansa and numbers have been sent to you.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 27, 2015 3:23 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS (Post 25620993)
Dear Maria,

I have sent you by private message the ticket numbers and flights that need to be credited.

I have contacted United Airlines for the credits who in turn have contacted Lufthansa Miles and More since the flights were operated by Lufthansa and Swiss.

Lufthansa Miles and More has rejected the credits to United Airlines that these are award tickets while in fact they are paid tickets and only the sectors were upgraded. Both tickets were issued by Lufthansa and numbers have been sent to you.

Hi RAMSWISS,

thanks, I've replied to your PM.

Best, Katharina

Tweener Oct 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello,
on Monday evening I booked a MUC-HEL flight with Price Guarantee...45 hours later, on Wednesday evening (5 p.m.), I confirmed the booking.

Today in the morning I wanted to cancel the ticket, because I realized the dates chosen were not good...knowing that many airlines allow you to cancel a booking within 24 hours, I went on the lh.com website to cancel the ticket, BUT I saw that out of the 140 EUR I originally paid, only 40 EUR, the taxes, would be refunded...
I though that maybe the website isn't aware of the "24 hours rule", so I called the German phone number for the Customer Service center, and after a few minutes of waiting, I was connected with an operator.

I explained my situation (Price Guarantee booking on Monday, confirmation on Wednesday, cancellation on Thursday), and asked clearly to cancel the ticket ONLY if I'd get a full refund. I also specified that online I would only get 40 EUR refund, that's why I was doing the cancellation by phone...
The operator confirmed me that I would have gotten a full refund, minus the 8 EUR of OPC. He asked me if I was fine with that, and I ASKED an additional time to confirm me the 140 EUR refund, and was given "Yes" as an answer...so I told him to go ahead.

After a few seconds I received a confirmation e-mail of my cancellation, but without any amount specified...now, this, together with the fact that the website wasn't showing me "full refund", has made me think during the day that maybe the Customer Service agent on the phone screwed things up, didn't know what he was talking about, or didn't understand the situation (despite me askind TWICE for confirmation of the full refund), and I'm not entitled to full compensation because the booking was actually done on Monday evening (when I did the Price Guarantee booking), so more than 24 hours had already passed this morning...

What is the case? Will I get 140 (full refund) or only 40 EUR (only taxes)? If only 40 EUR...I'm not going to accept this, because I asked TWICE (if not even a 3rd time) if I'd get a full refund, and was given "Yes" as an answer...

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Tweener (Post 25634474)
Hello,
on Monday evening I booked a MUC-HEL flight with Price Guarantee...45 hours later, on Wednesday evening (5 p.m.), I confirmed the booking.

Today in the morning I wanted to cancel the ticket, because I realized the dates chosen were not good...knowing that many airlines allow you to cancel a booking within 24 hours, I went on the lh.com website to cancel the ticket, BUT I saw that out of the 140 EUR I originally paid, only 40 EUR, the taxes, would be refunded...
I though that maybe the website isn't aware of the "24 hours rule", so I called the German phone number for the Customer Service center, and after a few minutes of waiting, I was connected with an operator.

I explained my situation (Price Guarantee booking on Monday, confirmation on Wednesday, cancellation on Thursday), and asked clearly to cancel the ticket ONLY if I'd get a full refund. I also specified that online I would only get 40 EUR refund, that's why I was doing the cancellation by phone...
The operator confirmed me that I would have gotten a full refund, minus the 8 EUR of OPC. He asked me if I was fine with that, and I ASKED an additional time to confirm me the 140 EUR refund, and was given "Yes" as an answer...so I told him to go ahead.

After a few seconds I received a confirmation e-mail of my cancellation, but without any amount specified...now, this, together with the fact that the website wasn't showing me "full refund", has made me think during the day that maybe the Customer Service agent on the phone screwed things up, didn't know what he was talking about, or didn't understand the situation (despite me askind TWICE for confirmation of the full refund), and I'm not entitled to full compensation because the booking was actually done on Monday evening (when I did the Price Guarantee booking), so more than 24 hours had already passed this morning...

What is the case? Will I get 140 (full refund) or only 40 EUR (only taxes)? If only 40 EUR...I'm not going to accept this, because I asked TWICE (if not even a 3rd time) if I'd get a full refund, and was given "Yes" as an answer...

Hi Tweener,
tickets can be cancelled free of charge within 24 hours after the ticket has been issued. OPC or ticket services charges will not be refunded.
If you are doubting that my colleague handled your cancellation according the rules, please feel free to give our service center a call. They will be able to look into your booking and give you all details regarding your refund.
Vanessa

josmon10 Oct 31, 2015 5:04 pm

Hallo,

Last week, on 20 October, I was flying BCN-FRA-IAH-PTY (LH-LH-UA), and after the delay of the second segment I missed the third one. UA managed to put me on next day's first flight, and told me to ask LH for a compensation. It was a nightmare to find anyone from your company at IAH, as there's literally no one available when an aircraft is departing. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the voucher for the hotel.

If its name wasn't too inviting (America's Best Value Inn), the hotel itself was even worst that I imagined. This is not just my opinion, just read what other guests think of it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ton_Texas.html

Besides, they wouldn't pick up the phone when I called from the airport asking for the shuttle van, so I had to take a taxi. The LH staff told me I would be reimbursed for the ride (USD 32) at any Lufthansa office in any airport. Since there isn't one at IAH I had to wait until I got back to BCN, and there they told me to write/call LH.

Long story short: very disappointed with Lufthansa! So how can I get compensated?

Thanks in advance.

RAMSWISS Oct 31, 2015 9:17 pm

PPB

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25621380)
Hi RAMSWISS,

thanks, I've replied to your PM.

Best, Katharina

Dear Katharina,

United Airlines Mileage Plus has again submitted the flight information for verification earlier this week to Lufthansa Miles and More.

Both the tickets are 220 stock issued by Lufthansa and the 3 long haul flights to be credited were not code share and operated by Lufthansa and Swiss. Hence the verification can be done from your systems itself.

The details have been sent to you via PM and hope your colleagues will give ok to United Mileage Plus this time to credit the miles.

Germanfflyer Nov 1, 2015 4:06 am

Originally Posted by josmon10 (Post 25644002)
Hallo,

Last week, on 20 October, I was flying BCN-FRA-IAH-PTY (LH-LH-UA), and after the delay of the second segment I missed the third one. UA managed to put me on next day's first flight, and told me to ask LH for a compensation. It was a nightmare to find anyone from your company at IAH, as there's literally no one available when an aircraft is departing. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the voucher for the hotel.

If its name wasn't too inviting (America's Best Value Inn), the hotel itself was even worst that I imagined. This is not just my opinion, just read what other guests think of it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ton_Texas.html

Besides, they wouldn't pick up the phone when I called from the airport asking for the shuttle van, so I had to take a taxi. The LH staff told me I would be reimbursed for the ride (USD 32) at any Lufthansa office in any airport. Since there isn't one at IAH I had to wait until I got back to BCN, and there they told me to write/call LH.

Long story short: very disappointed with Lufthansa! So how can I get compensated?

Thanks in advance.

If this was ONE ticket you are entitled to EU261 compensation of EUR 600 on top of the hotel etc.^

josmon10 Nov 2, 2015 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer (Post 25645379)
If this was ONE ticket you are entitled to EU261 compensation of EUR 600 on top of the hotel etc.^

It is one ticket. However, it was issued by UA, not LH. Does it still apply?

Even if I've read that "the regulation applies to any passenger departing from an EU member state", I wonder whether this is only valid for EU airlines.

Thanks

YuropFlyer Nov 2, 2015 2:06 am

Originally Posted by josmon10 (Post 25649840)
It is one ticket. However, it was issued by UA, not LH. Does it still apply?

Even if I've read that "the regulation applies to any passenger departing from an EU member state", I wonder whether this is only valid for EU airlines.

Thanks

Yes, it still applies. In your case (flight departing the EU) it would even apply if you were flying on UA metal and not LH (for flights TO the EU, it applies only to EU carriers)

Marketing carrier doesn't matter, by the way. Metal is all that counts.