FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 11, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by pashmy (Post 25233205)
Dear Lurkers,

I've been trying to find out the refund status of a flight on June 9th-18th that got cancelled for 1 of the 3 passengers. The cancellation of that passenger's tickets had already been accepted since May 21st, however they told us to wait from 1 to 1 and a half month for the refund. On July 24th I sent an email to customer relations, and I got an automated response on July 26th, giving me the Feedback ID 30037670, however I haven't heard anything since then.

I'd like to know the status of this reimbursement as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
-Mayra

Hello pashmy, thank you for your patience. We received word that the ticket for the third person has not yet been refunded. Given that we need your permission to effectuate a refund, I would urge you to contact our General Reservations Team with the ticket number and ask them to refund the remaining taxes and fees. From the drop-down menu, just choose Mexico to find the correct telephone number: http://f.lh.com/epfs. I apologize for the inconvenience and delay and hope this can get cleared up. Adam

SFOpaul Aug 18, 2015 9:49 am

Sorry for the question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does Lufthansa offer compensation for a broken IFE system? I'm currently on LH490 traveling to Seattle and my row has no access to any IFE except the flight map. The FAs have tried restarting our units multiple times and we still get the same message that that particular movie/TV show/ book are not available right now. It's very frustrating on a 10 hour flight in business to have this happen.

Any help is appreciated.

ck666 Aug 18, 2015 1:13 pm

alternative for miles & more?

Hi all - i'm writing this because i feel pretty disappointed with the M&M program.

Me and my girlfriend are both FT for nearly 2 years and about the re-qualify for another 2 years (we are just 1 long-haul fly away from it).

But I'm asking myself if it really worths it to stay loyal to M&M, i don't see real benefits anymore... Maybe it's Germanwings that ruined everything when joining the LH Group... idk, but the service is just not there.

I was very happy with LH, LX and Austrian before, even when i was not FT yet... one day a flight attendant from Swiss upgraded us to business on a NRT-ZRH flight, just so we could seat together in that overbooked plane - we were not even FTL at that time... things changed apparently, this scenario would never happen nowadays, and i feel being FT is just as good as being not FT... only notable difference is that you can have a tomato soup and a few snacks at the business lounge, but that's it. Not really worth it i think.

I'm not gonna list everything in this post, but here are a few annoying things that i experienced recently:

- no lounge access in a few airports, including important ones like VKO or NCE

- no 2 luggages per passenger - booked a flight on lufthansa.com for me and my gf, we had 4 pieces of luggage in total, but we had to pay extra for 2 pieces.

- in some countries where online check-in is not possible (Russia for example) i keep getting the worst seat placement. LH asked me to mention my preferred seat in my profile, so i chose "window". usually i check-in online and chose my seat... but when not possible (Russia) i automatically get the worst row (B or E)... even if my pref state "window" and even when planes are not full. i go to the check-in counter to get my boarding pass and ask if i can seat on a window, but even this doesn't work. Inside the plane i ask one more time to the cabin crew, but when they find a seat for me it is already time to land! happened 3 times already!

- due to a massive delay, i had to spent 5 hours of time at ZRH airport, and the business lounge was closed because of constructions. i gently asked if i could go to the senator lounge instead, but believe it or not, they rejected me. so i had to be more insistent and 1 hour later when i decided to ask at the lounge directly, they said, "of course, please come in". absolute non-sense!

Many other ‘small’ annoying things happened, but here is my final point:

i am HIGHLY unsatisfied with the M&M program lately, in general… no more real recognition for FTL, no lifetime benefits, less miles since Jan 2014… and so on…

QUESTION:

a) can you recommend any alternative frequent flyer program?

b) would LH do an effort to make us stay? do they actually care about customer relationship management? do they really value loyal frequent travellers or ‘not really’?

I naively hope that LH will contact me and try to convince me to not leave - but i know this won’t happen.

any suggestions are very welcome! thank you!

Houminer Aug 19, 2015 2:30 am

Originally Posted by ck666 (Post 25289800)

But I'm asking myself if it really worths it to stay loyal to M&M,

It's probably not worth it.
Do you have a chance of getting *G on TK or A3?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 19, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by SFOpaul (Post 25288754)
Sorry for the question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does Lufthansa offer compensation for a broken IFE system? I'm currently on LH490 traveling to Seattle and my row has no access to any IFE except the flight map. The FAs have tried restarting our units multiple times and we still get the same message that that particular movie/TV show/ book are not available right now. It's very frustrating on a 10 hour flight in business to have this happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi SFOpaul, in regards to compensation matters, I highly recommend getting in touch with Customer Relations via [email protected]. My apologies for the inconvenience caused. Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 19, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ck666 (Post 25289800)
Hi all - i'm writing this because i feel pretty disappointed with the M&M program.

Me and my girlfriend are both FT for nearly 2 years and about the re-qualify for another 2 years (we are just 1 long-haul fly away from it).

But I'm asking myself if it really worths it to stay loyal to M&M, i don't see real benefits anymore... Maybe it's Germanwings that ruined everything when joining the LH Group... idk, but the service is just not there.

I was very happy with LH, LX and Austrian before, even when i was not FT yet... one day a flight attendant from Swiss upgraded us to business on a NRT-ZRH flight, just so we could seat together in that overbooked plane - we were not even FTL at that time... things changed apparently, this scenario would never happen nowadays, and i feel being FT is just as good as being not FT... only notable difference is that you can have a tomato soup and a few snacks at the business lounge, but that's it. Not really worth it i think.

I'm not gonna list everything in this post, but here are a few annoying things that i experienced recently:

- no lounge access in a few airports, including important ones like VKO or NCE

- no 2 luggages per passenger - booked a flight on lufthansa.com for me and my gf, we had 4 pieces of luggage in total, but we had to pay extra for 2 pieces.

- in some countries where online check-in is not possible (Russia for example) i keep getting the worst seat placement. LH asked me to mention my preferred seat in my profile, so i chose "window". usually i check-in online and chose my seat... but when not possible (Russia) i automatically get the worst row (B or E)... even if my pref state "window" and even when planes are not full. i go to the check-in counter to get my boarding pass and ask if i can seat on a window, but even this doesn't work. Inside the plane i ask one more time to the cabin crew, but when they find a seat for me it is already time to land! happened 3 times already!

- due to a massive delay, i had to spent 5 hours of time at ZRH airport, and the business lounge was closed because of constructions. i gently asked if i could go to the senator lounge instead, but believe it or not, they rejected me. so i had to be more insistent and 1 hour later when i decided to ask at the lounge directly, they said, "of course, please come in". absolute non-sense!

Many other ‘small’ annoying things happened, but here is my final point:

i am HIGHLY unsatisfied with the M&M program lately, in general… no more real recognition for FTL, no lifetime benefits, less miles since Jan 2014… and so on…

QUESTION:

a) can you recommend any alternative frequent flyer program?

b) would LH do an effort to make us stay? do they actually care about customer relationship management? do they really value loyal frequent travellers or ‘not really’?

I naively hope that LH will contact me and try to convince me to not leave - but i know this won’t happen.

any suggestions are very welcome! thank you!

Dear ck666, I regret to hear that you are so disappointed with the Miles & More programme. May I ask if you have already contacted my colleagues there? I am sure that they would be very interested in your feedback. Maria

ck666 Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Houminer (Post 25292499)
It's probably not worth it.
Do you have a chance of getting *G on TK or A3?

Thank you Houminer, with A3 i would be *G already now... and TK doesn’t seem to be too picky with miles matches from another alliance, so that might be interresting for me.

only problem, is that i never fly to or through Turkey or Greece - wouldn't this be a problem? A3 asks for minimum 4 segments for *gold, that should be doable!

ck666 Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25293779)
Dear ck666, I regret to hear that you are so disappointed with the Miles & More programme. May I ask if you have already contacted my colleagues there? I am sure that they would be very interested in your feedback. Maria

Thank you Maria. Yes i tried to contact your colleagues by phone, but it seems there's nothing they can do, except repeating that they are very very sorry...

1 week ago, i bought a ticket on lufthansa.com and they charged me 2 times, now it takes ages to sort the problem and get my money refunded. I'm starting to be really fed up with all this.

How should i contact your colleagues Maria (phone doesn't work)... is there any specific email address for this or is it the customer.relations@lh one?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 20, 2015 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ck666 (Post 25295614)
Thank you Maria. Yes i tried to contact your colleagues by phone, but it seems there's nothing they can do, except repeating that they are very very sorry...

1 week ago, i bought a ticket on lufthansa.com and they charged me 2 times, now it takes ages to sort the problem and get my money refunded. I'm starting to be really fed up with all this.

How should i contact your colleagues Maria (phone doesn't work)... is there any specific email address for this or is it the customer.relations@lh one?

Hi ck666, feel free to provide your booking code via private message and I will have my colleagues take a look at this. Regards.

Maria

xieem Aug 25, 2015 2:58 am

I have to join @CK666 in his frustrations over the Miles & More program and I also seriously consider in changing. I fly an average of 40 flights a year (not sure if this is a lot) inside Europe and some long haul and I never received anything from Lufthansa besides the fact that my pre booked seat got changed due to an equipment change, etc.

Also regarding the lounges at Munich or Frankfurt, please put something different on the table than your meatloaf and hotdogs. I have the feeling that I pay a lot for always the same, nothing that makes me say "wow, I am a proud Lufthansa customer".

I might eventually try to get on A3 or TK for a match status because this is really getting out of control.

Even wondering what the deal will be with the new "flex" class.

Shame on you Lufthansa. And yes I already contacted your customer service and indeed nothing more than a "we are really sorry" won't bring me any further.

oliver2002 Aug 26, 2015 5:57 am

Hi,

quick question regarding: 'Business Class upgrade on offer for a fee, available with the new Europe fares'

If the pax accepts the upgrade with cash, is the segment rebooked into a new booking class?
If yes, which booking class? (is it like the OS red|upgrade which rebooks into P?)
If yes, do you earn miles as per the new booking class or the original ticketed booking class?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 27, 2015 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25329643)
Hi,

quick question regarding: 'Business Class upgrade on offer for a fee, available with the new Europe fares'

If the pax accepts the upgrade with cash, is the segment rebooked into a new booking class?
If yes, which booking class? (is it like the OS red|upgrade which rebooks into P?)
If yes, do you earn miles as per the new booking class or the original ticketed booking class?

Hi Oliver,
please find the upgrade classes here (there's a chart if you scroll down a bit):

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Cash-...Business-Class

Please note that e.g. "Z" availability doesn't automatically mean that the upgrade will confirmed (same as an award upgrade).
You will earn the miles of your original booking class.

Vanessa

oliver2002 Sep 2, 2015 12:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 24803118)
Example: LH733/12MAY is new C-CL, since its flown by D-ABVX (2 class retrofitted 744) which just did LH732/11MAY.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Business-Class-Product

shows:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/832/5453752342.jpg
View Screen Capture

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 24808232)
Thanks for the screenshot. I’ll make sure this gets to the appropriate people for follow up and review. Sandra

Dear Lurker Team,
can you please check with the 'appropriate people' again? It seems the tool continues to be confused with aircraft that were retrofitted with PE and shows these as being with old C.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 2, 2015 9:23 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25364991)
Dear Lurker Team,
can you please check with the 'appropriate people' again? It seems the tool continues to be confused with aircraft that were retrofitted with PE and shows these as being with old C.

Hi Oliver,

would you please tell me specific dates and routes? I checked it with different flight numbers and dates and the tool showed the correct results. Thanks.

Vanessa

oliver2002 Sep 4, 2015 3:12 am

Dear Lurkers,
is the M&M promo detailled in the following link targetted to specific M&M members or available to the general membership:

http://www.aktionen-milesandmore.de/.../lufthansa/de/