FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

kanor Sep 30, 2015 5:46 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

recently I made a light fare reservation on lh.com and already at booking I wanted to add bags. On the website confirmation there is correctly the bag charge with X+2*15 euros, but on the email confirmation there is only the flights and X euros. My CC was also just charged with X. Then I accepted the fate that during the booking I couldnt add the bags but even now when I try to add just the bags it throws an error.

Your selection contains unavailable service(s). (119223)
Is this a know bug thats going to be fixed soon?

Thanks,
kanor

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 30, 2015 6:09 am

Originally Posted by kenadams (Post 25495949)
Hi Lufthansa,

I have two things to say to you today:

1) Good job on the premium economy product. I recently completed a round trip SFO-MUC experience in premium economy and thought that it was the first thing that Lufthansa got right in a long time. As a matter of fact, it exceeded most of my expectations. The price (booking class E) was reasonable, the legroom decent, the seat very comfortable thanks to a generous recline and perfect padding. After a string of negative experiences had me transfer some of my business to other carriers, I might now reward you with more of my travel dollars.

2) My Mrs. is a bit puzzled. When she's puzzled, I'm not happy (you can imagine why). She flew a SFO-IAH-SCL itinerary in business class (booking code P) with United, and only got miles for the IAH-SCL leg. The SFO-IAH (UA1937) leg appears on her statement as "flight not eligible for credit": when she submitted a missing miles claim, a second entry appeared on the statement, again claiming "flight not eligible for credit". This is inconsistent with earning tables on miles-and-more.com, which list booking class P as being worth 100% of miles flown. Can you please explain?

Thank you,

kenadams

Hello kenadams,
first of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed travelling in our Premium Economy Class and I hope that we can welcome you on board soon again.
With regards to your second concern I would like to get in touch with Miles & More in order to clarify why the crediting of miles was denied. May I ask you to send me your wife’s Miles & More number and the complete flight details via private message and I will get in touch with my colleagues for you.
Kind regards
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 30, 2015 6:11 am

Originally Posted by kanor (Post 25497696)
Dear LH Lurkers,

recently I made a light fare reservation on lh.com and already at booking I wanted to add bags. On the website confirmation there is correctly the bag charge with X+2*15 euros, but on the email confirmation there is only the flights and X euros. My CC was also just charged with X. Then I accepted the fate that during the booking I couldnt add the bags but even now when I try to add just the bags it throws an error.

Is this a know bug thats going to be fixed soon?

Thanks,
kanor

Hello kanor,
I haven’t heard about this error yet and I recommend that you contact our technical support (http://f.lh.com/hGDt) for assistance. My colleagues can have a closer look at it and they can file a bug report. If they are unable add the (obviously) missing baggage to your booking from their side then it will be the best to call our service centre (http://f.lh.com/epfs) as well.
Jens

24left Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

We will be flying in F on LH731 (HKG-MUC).
We are arriving in HKG on another carrier and have a long layover.

Since we do not plan to exit from airside and we do not have checked bags, where do we go to check in?

Thank you.

kasi Oct 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

following question regarding the new LH EU eco fares: What happens if I have to reschedule my flight within <24h prior departure (so the booking garuantee cannot be applied) or even miss my flight and eco is fully booked on the new flight while business still has a couple of free seats.

Until october I would just rebook into business, pay the fare difference, case closed with a win-win-situation: Myself happy and LH happy due to additional revenue from myself and additional chance for even more revenue due to free seat in Y.

What will happen today in exactly the same situation (of cause not being booked on a eco light fare)??

Thx for clarification

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 14, 2015 6:24 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25559177)
Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

Since we do not plan to exit from airside and we do not have checked bags, where do we go to check in?

Thank you.

Hi 24left,

both Lufthansa flights leave Hong Kong Airport from Terminal 1. You should find the check-in desk for your flight to Munich there. Lufthansa transfer check-in desk in Hong Kong will open at 18:00 daily at W1. Please click to below link for details: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...rocedures.html

Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 14, 2015 6:28 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25561397)
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

following question regarding the new LH EU eco fares: What happens if I have to reschedule my flight within <24h prior departure (so the booking garuantee cannot be applied) or even miss my flight and eco is fully booked on the new flight while business still has a couple of free seats.

Until october I would just rebook into business, pay the fare difference, case closed with a win-win-situation: Myself happy and LH happy due to additional revenue from myself and additional chance for even more revenue due to free seat in Y.

What will happen today in exactly the same situation (of cause not being booked on a eco light fare)??

Thx for clarification

Hello kasi, I forwarded your request to my colleagues. As soon as they get back to me, I will contact you again.
Kind Regards, Sandra

kasi Oct 14, 2015 8:20 am

Thx Sandra!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 15, 2015 6:21 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25561397)
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

Thx for clarification

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25562703)
Hello kasi, I forwarded your request to my colleagues. As soon as they get back to me, I will contact you again.
Kind Regards, Sandra

Hello kasi, a cash upgrade can be requested until check-in deadline. This is, however, only possible if you are in possession of a confirmed seat in Economy Class. This means, in regards to the scenario described above, that a cash upgrade won´t get you on a flight where only Business class seats remain. Hope that does answer your question. All the best! Sandra

kasi Oct 15, 2015 11:20 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25568074)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kasi

Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

following question regarding the new LH EU eco fares: What happens if I have to reschedule my flight within &lt;24h prior departure (so the booking garuantee cannot be applied) or even miss my flight and eco is fully booked on the new flight while business still has a couple of free seats.

Thx for clarification

Quote:

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines

Kind Regards, Sandra

Hello kasi, a cash upgrade can be requested until check-in deadline. This is, however, only possible if you are in possession of a confirmed seat in Economy Class. This means, in regards to the scenario described above, that a cash upgrade won´t get you on a flight where only Business class seats remain. Hope that does answer your question. All the best! Sandra

Dear Sandra, I am not quite sure if I understand your answer correctly: that means that in these situations the LH strategy is to leave a seat empty and rather leave their customers on the ground than to sell them a seat????????? So, in case I am on a business trip I have to avoid flying Lufthansa because LH is no longer willing to sell me an empty seat when I have to reschedule? Is that your answer? Please clarify. As mentioned above I am talking about REBOOKING not about Upgrade of a confirmed flight.

Thx for your time already spent looking into this.

Carpacchio Oct 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Maybe LH believes you would buy a business ticket and change your existing economy one to a later date / get it reimbursed as you have surely bought a Flex ticket if you need to be so flexible - will make them even happier :D

24left Oct 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25559177)
Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

Thank you.

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25562685)
Hi 24left,

both Lufthansa flights leave Hong Kong Airport from Terminal 1. You should find the check-in desk for your flight to Munich there. Lufthansa transfer check-in desk in Hong Kong will open at 18:00 daily at W1. Please click to below link for details: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...rocedures.html

Katharina

Thank you !!!!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 16, 2015 9:38 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25569442)
Dear Sandra, I am not quite sure if I understand your answer correctly: that means that in these situations the LH strategy is to leave a seat empty and rather leave their customers on the ground than to sell them a seat????????? So, in case I am on a business trip I have to avoid flying Lufthansa because LH is no longer willing to sell me an empty seat when I have to reschedule? Is that your answer? Please clarify. As mentioned above I am talking about REBOOKING not about Upgrade of a confirmed flight.

Thx for your time already spent looking into this.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 16, 2015 9:39 am

Dear kasi, we contacted our colleagues again to verify this and will get back to you. Have a great week-end! Maria

kasi Oct 16, 2015 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio (Post 25569941)
Maybe LH believes you would buy a business ticket and change your existing economy one to a later date / get it reimbursed as you have surely bought a Flex ticket if you need to be so flexible - will make them even happier

No, it is even more interesting. On the phone they told me that they expect me to be willing to upfare to JFLEX77 (the fare they had to create after a court decision that they have to offer fares where the flight sequence is flexible) which is even more expensive than buying two new Tickets in normal J fareclass :-)