FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 4, 2015 8:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25375752)
Dear Lurkers,
is the M&M promo detailled in the following link targetted to specific M&M members or available to the general membership:

http://www.aktionen-milesandmore.de/.../lufthansa/de/

Hello Oliver,
we have received the information that Miles & More members that have given permission to be informed about newsletters and promotions as well as a few other selected members are invited by email take part in this promotion.
Jens

esseff Sep 8, 2015 1:57 am

Hello,

why was LH1980 cancelled yesterday 07.09.2015?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 8, 2015 9:52 am

Originally Posted by esseff (Post 25391518)
Hello,

why was LH1980 cancelled yesterday 07.09.2015?

Hello esseff,

the cancellation of flight LH1980 may have been due to operational reasons, we do not have any specific information at our disposal. In case you were affected by the cancellation, you have the possibilty to submit your query to customer relations (http://t.lh.com/H4zV) and my colleagues will revert to you.

Kind regards
Ella

GBM.flights Sep 8, 2015 1:02 pm

taxes on award & revenue ticket

Hi Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

Can you please help me understand what is wrong with taxes/fees/charges on award tickets?
I was trying to book a YYZ-GVA-NYC:
Award taxes/fees/charges - ~1300 CAD (3752.39 PLN in my current M&M home currency)
Revenue taxes/fees/charges - 176.33 CAD (Same flights/same dates, screenshots below)

Thanks for your help as at a first glance I feel ripped off.

Screenshots:
Revenue ticket:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hW...Y=w800-h400-no

Award ticket:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Sf...M=w819-h485-no

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 9, 2015 5:39 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights (Post 25394160)
Hi Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

Can you please help me understand what is wrong with taxes/fees/charges on award tickets?
I was trying to book a YYZ-GVA-NYC:
Award taxes/fees/charges - ~1300 CAD (3752.39 PLN in my current M&M home currency)
Revenue taxes/fees/charges - 176.33 CAD (Same flights/same dates, screenshots below)

Thanks for your help as at a first glance I feel ripped off.

Screenshots:
Revenue ticket:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hW...Y=w800-h400-no

Award ticket:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Sf...M=w819-h485-no

Hi GBM.flighs,
regular ticket prices include state security charges, airport taxes and airline fees. The amount depends on the departure airport. On regular rates, we sometimes have offers for specific routes, where Lufthansa decides to take over the costs of fees and taxes. Exceptions of this type can be made for promotional fares but unfortunately not be transferred to Miles & More award flights. To also offer an attractive product with Miles & More, it is possible to pay the costs of taxes / fees within Europe to a flat rate of 18,000 miles. Hope this makes it more understandable.
Vanessa

geeewizzz Sep 9, 2015 12:41 pm

Miles credit

Dear Lufthansa,

I recently signed up for the faz.de promotion that should award me 999 M&M points. I am wondering when they will be credited to my account? I signed up 4th of September.

I have a portion of miles expiring on 30th of sept and I hope they will be credited before that date, so that I can use it for an award ticket before I lose a portion of my miles (I wont be able to afford the award ticket if the other miles expire).

GBM.flights Sep 9, 2015 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25398292)
Hi GBM.flighs,
regular ticket prices include state security charges, airport taxes and airline fees. The amount depends on the departure airport. On regular rates, we sometimes have offers for specific routes, where Lufthansa decides to take over the costs of fees and taxes. Exceptions of this type can be made for promotional fares but unfortunately not be transferred to Miles & More award flights. To also offer an attractive product with Miles & More, it is possible to pay the costs of taxes / fees within Europe to a flat rate of 18,000 miles. Hope this makes it more understandable.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,
Thanks for your time. But no I still cannot understand what motivates M&M to go out of its way to add surcharges to awards that are not existing on revenue awards.
Can you give us more substance on why M&M cannot take over the cost of fees and taxes (let's be honest, it's just YQ) on awards but can do so on revenue tickets? a year and a half ago I got the same type of scripted reply, so would like to understand the reasons behind.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21999828)
Dear GBM.flights
Q:
Award bookings include the same taxes and fees as revenue tickets. The following taxes and fees are being charged for the provided routing irrespective of the ticket type:
FUEL SURCHARGE // AIR PASSENGER DUTY FOR UNITED KINGDOM // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR UNITED KINGDOM // AIR TRANSPORT TAX FOR GERMANY // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR GERMANY // AIRPORT SECURITY CHARGE FOR GERMANY // SOUTH AFRICA PASSENGER SAFETY CHARGE // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR SOUTH AFRICA // PASSENGER SERVICE SECURITY CHARGE FOR SOUTH AFRICA // AIR PASSENGER TAX FOR SOUTH AFRICA.
The amount depends on the airport of departure. On regular rates, we sometimes do have offers for specific routes, where Lufthansa decides to take over the costs of fees and taxes. Exceptions of this type can be made for promotional fares but unfortunately cannot be offered for Miles & More award tickets. I hope this answers your question.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 10, 2015 7:25 am

Originally Posted by geeewizzz (Post 25400329)
Dear Lufthansa,

I recently signed up for the faz.de promotion that should award me 999 M&M points. I am wondering when they will be credited to my account? I signed up 4th of September.

I have a portion of miles expiring on 30th of sept and I hope they will be credited before that date, so that I can use it for an award ticket before I lose a portion of my miles (I wont be able to afford the award ticket if the other miles expire).

Hello geeewizzz, generally, miles will be credited to the respective account once the promotion is finished. In most cases it takes 1-2 weeks after the prometion has ended. I hope your miles will be credited before your other miles expire. In case you would like to verify the duration of the promotion, I recommend that you please call your Miles & More service team.
Best regards, Isabell

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 10, 2015 7:25 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights (Post 25400717)
Hi Vanessa,
Thanks for your time. But no I still cannot understand what motivates M&M to go out of its way to add surcharges to awards that are not existing on revenue awards.
Can you give us more substance on why M&M cannot take over the cost of fees and taxes (let's be honest, it's just YQ) on awards but can do so on revenue tickets? a year and a half ago I got the same type of scripted reply, so would like to understand the reasons behind.
Thank you.

Dear GBM.flight - please be advised that the fees and surcharges are levied on all tickets. Lufthansa carries some of these fees on certain revenue tickets in order to stay competitive. This is simply not possible with award tickets, as they are paid for with miles. We are unable to furnish you with any additional information.
Best regards, Ella

marcoos Sep 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25398292)
it is possible to pay the costs of taxes / fees within Europe to a flat rate of 18,000 miles.

But only until September 30.

Air Rarotonga Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Charged taxes / fees for a EXST booking ?

Hi LH team,

I am planning to book an Extraseat and am aware that the same fare as I bought for myself will be charged for the EXST. But could you please tell me, what taxes and fees will be charged for an EXST (for comfort) on LH flights? Here an example of my itinerary:

Code:

LH K30LGT5A GVA to FRA CHF39.50
LH K30LGT5A FRA to GVA CHF39.50

- LH YQ surcharge (YQ) ........................ CHF10.00
- LH YR surcharge (YR) ........................ CHF16.00
- Switzerland Airport Passenger Charge (CH) ... CHF23.75
- Germany Airport Security Charge (DE) ........ CHF 9.50
- German Passenger Service Charge (RA) ........ CHF29.00
- German Air Transport Tax (OY) ............... CHF 8.50

Subtotal per passenger ........................ CHF175.75

GVA LH FRA 42.35K30LGT5A LH GVA 42.35K30LGT5A NUC 84.70 END
ROE 0.93259 XT 23.75CH 9.50DE 8.50OY 29.00RA 10.00YQ 16.00YR

And are the call center booking fees waived for booking an EXST, as it's not possible to book it online?

Thank you for your detailled answer!

Concerto Sep 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by marcoos (Post 25416144)

But that is just for LOT Polish Airlines customers, is it not? I recall this being the outcome of a discussion about this somewhere else.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 15, 2015 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga (Post 25424847)
Hi LH team,

I am planning to book an Extraseat and am aware that the same fare as I bought for myself will be charged for the EXST. But could you please tell me, what taxes and fees will be charged for an EXST (for comfort) on LH flights? Here an example of my itinerary:

Code:

LH K30LGT5A GVA to FRA CHF39.50
LH K30LGT5A FRA to GVA CHF39.50

- LH YQ surcharge (YQ) ........................ CHF10.00
- LH YR surcharge (YR) ........................ CHF16.00
- Switzerland Airport Passenger Charge (CH) ... CHF23.75
- Germany Airport Security Charge (DE) ........ CHF 9.50
- German Passenger Service Charge (RA) ........ CHF29.00
- German Air Transport Tax (OY) ............... CHF 8.50

Subtotal per passenger ........................ CHF175.75

GVA LH FRA 42.35K30LGT5A LH GVA 42.35K30LGT5A NUC 84.70 END
ROE 0.93259 XT 23.75CH 9.50DE 8.50OY 29.00RA 10.00YQ 16.00YR

And are the call center booking fees waived for booking an EXST, as it's not possible to book it online?

Thank you for your detailled answer!

Hello Air Rarotonga,
as you already know, the same fare base will be charged for your Extra Seat, however, no additional airport taxes and/or fees will be charged. The ticket issuance fee will not be waived, but only charged once. Should you pay with a credit card, this will also only be charged for the “original ticket”. Additionally, your free baggage allowance and award mileage accrual is doubled. I hope this helps.
Adam

ckx2 Sep 16, 2015 2:37 am

Hi,

any reason why I have been denied access to the LH SEN Lounge in Dubai twice now? UA Gold departing on a LH flight should have granted access.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Sep 16, 2015 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ckx2 (Post 25432663)
Hi,

any reason why I have been denied access to the LH SEN Lounge in Dubai twice now? UA Gold departing on a LH flight should have granted access.

Hello ckx2,
I am unable to offer you an explanation as to why you were denied access to the lounge. Have my colleagues in Dubai been able to give you a reason? Given the information, I don't see why you were not able to spend time in the lounge. I am going to forward your post accordingly to draw attention to the existing access regulations. I sincerely hope that this will not recur on your next departure.
Kind regards, Isabell