FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

dakr Aug 4, 2015 2:24 am

No fares PRG-BHX for LH-operated flights via FRA/MUC

I was trying to book a ticket from Prague to Birmingham for travel after October 1, 2015 (with the new fare structure) on the LH website. All LH operated flights book to full economy (Y fare) and they cost accordingly. The same happens on the third party website (expedia). I guess somebody forgot to load fares from Prague to Birmingham to the system...

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2015 5:48 am

Originally Posted by dakr (Post 25218086)
I was trying to book a ticket from Prague to Birmingham for travel after October 1, 2015 (with the new fare structure) on the LH website. All LH operated flights book to full economy (Y fare) and they cost accordingly. The same happens on the third party website (expedia). I guess somebody forgot to load fares from Prague to Birmingham to the system...

Dear dakr,
I checked several dates after October 1 and got also reduced fares offered. Maybe it was a temporarily problem. If you still get only the highest Economy Class fare shown, then I recommend that you contact our Web Support (http://f.lh.com/jF2V) for assistance.
Jens

Silvercity Aug 4, 2015 6:10 am

I'm looking at booking a First Class seat YYZ-MUC mid October. Looks like LH flys the A330 out of YYZ. Has this plane and route had its First Class product upgraded already? I read that some are not until mid 2016.

dakr Aug 4, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25218525)
Dear dakr,
I checked several dates after October 1 and got also reduced fares offered. Maybe it was a temporarily problem. If you still get only the highest Economy Class fare shown, then I recommend that you contact our Web Support (http://f.lh.com/jF2V) for assistance.
Jens

Thank you for a prompt reply and checking the issue. I contacted Web Support before posting here and got a predefined (=useless) reply. I have sent you a private message detailing the issue to take this out of the thread and I have attached a link to a screen print out - perhaps, you can have another look at, please.

elsaball Aug 4, 2015 5:42 pm

I also complained about an issue I experienced 3 weeks ago with Lufthansa. I have not yet received a reply other than a generic acknowledgement (ID 30024439). Can you look into my issue? I'll PM you the details.

24left Aug 4, 2015 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Silvercity (Post 25218596)
I'm looking at booking a First Class seat YYZ-MUC mid October. Looks like LH flys the A330 out of YYZ. Has this plane and route had its First Class product upgraded already? I read that some are not until mid 2016.

Just flew the 330 YYZ-MUC and the 340 MUC-SFO, both in F.
Did not get the registration #s.

Cabins were identical. I was told they were upgraded. I took photos and they "seem fresh", but only someone who can describe the "before" would know.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2015 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Silvercity (Post 25218596)

Hi Silvercity,

all our A330-300 aircraft are equipped with new First Class seats. Also, the route MUC-YYZ-MUC will be operated with an A330 in our winter timetable. Sounds to me you have something to look forward to! :-)

Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2015 7:38 am

Originally Posted by dakr (Post 25219344)
Thank you for a prompt reply and checking the issue. I contacted Web Support before posting here and got a predefined (=useless) reply. I have sent you a private message detailing the issue to take this out of the thread and I have attached a link to a screen print out - perhaps, you can have another look at, please.

Hello dakr,

I replied to your private message.

Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2015 7:39 am

Originally Posted by elsaball (Post 25221968)
I also complained about an issue I experienced 3 weeks ago with Lufthansa. I have not yet received a reply other than a generic acknowledgement (ID 30024439). Can you look into my issue? I'll PM you the details.

Hi elsaball,

I have just replied to your PM.

Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25222390)

Cabins were identical. I was told they were upgraded. I took photos and they "seem fresh", but only someone who can describe the "before" would know.

Hi 24left,

both fleets - A330-300 and A340-600 - have the new First Class seats installed. Sounds to me, the cabin appeared "fresh" for a reason. ;)

Katharina

oliver2002 Aug 6, 2015 4:52 am

Originally Posted by jawnbc (Post 25217594)
Hi there,

I work at a large research university. We removed around 90 per cent of our fax machines a few years ago, since a scanned attachment to an email uses the exact same capture technology, but doesn't incur communication costs--particularly international ones.

I politely encourage LH to join us in the 21st century and have an email address or web interface that allows uploading a scanned boarding pass.

:)

German law only accepts fax and 'secured' email as formal correspondence. @:-):D

htb Aug 6, 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25229267)
German law only accepts fax and 'secured' email as formal correspondence. @:-):D

Which, of course, has nothing to do with whether LH is accepting scanned boarding passes attached to emails... Sometimes I wonder if they just find it funny when people faxed a screen of a cell phone showing an online boarding pass...

HTB.

24left Aug 6, 2015 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25222390)

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25224252)
Hi 24left,

both fleets - A330-300 and A340-600 - have the new First Class seats installed. Sounds to me, the cabin appeared "fresh" for a reason. ;)

Katharina

Katharina
Thank you so much for your reply. The YYZ-MUC was superb. I hope to finish my trip report and post the photos.

pashmy Aug 6, 2015 6:45 pm

Refund Status

Dear Lurkers,

I've been trying to find out the refund status of a flight on June 9th-18th that got cancelled for 1 of the 3 passengers. The cancellation of that passenger's tickets had already been accepted since May 21st, however they told us to wait from 1 to 1 and a half month for the refund. On July 24th I sent an email to customer relations, and I got an automated response on July 26th, giving me the Feedback ID 30037670, however I haven't heard anything since then.

I'd like to know the status of this reimbursement as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
-Mayra

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 7, 2015 7:13 am

Originally Posted by pashmy (Post 25233205)
Dear Lurkers,

I've been trying to find out the refund status of a flight on June 9th-18th that got cancelled for 1 of the 3 passengers. The cancellation of that passenger's tickets had already been accepted since May 21st, however they told us to wait from 1 to 1 and a half month for the refund. On July 24th I sent an email to customer relations, and I got an automated response on July 26th, giving me the Feedback ID 30037670, however I haven't heard anything since then.

I'd like to know the status of this reimbursement as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
-Mayra

Dear Mayra,
I just forwarded your feedback to my colleagues asking them to look into this. Thank you for your patience so far. Maria