FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 10, 2015 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Michaelg1000 (Post 25094218)
Hi,

I am in contact with Lufthansa Customer Relations related to a flight issue. The issue is complicated and I won’t get into it here. However, the reply I received from Customer Relations does not address the issue. Rather it rejects my claim for reasons I am not entirely clear about and does not seem to address the issue. I have replied back but I believe they think this is a closed issue. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am only looking for a fair resolution.

Michael

Dear Michael,
I'm sorry to hear that the answer you received didn't meet your expectations. It's correct to get back to Customer Relations directly. Even if your case has been closed, my colleagues will look into your complaint again and they will get back to you.
Jens

josmon10 Jul 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS (Post 25082741)
Dear Lurkers,

I need to send my boarding passes to Miles and more. To which email I'd can I scan them ?

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25086428)
Hi Ramswiss, the document needs to be transmitted via fax (http://f.lh.com/CVGG), as there is no operating email address available. Sandra

Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

Guess what? This is the 21st century. Why do you make it so hard for us to send the boarding passes?

It shows I'm mad at you for letting my kids' miles expire. The reason you gave me: they joined JetFriends a few years ago, but chose Spanish as their preferred language instead of English or German. Congratulations Lufthansa: you've lost a couple of potentially loyal customers, and their father is determined to burn the M&M miles and move to another *A program.

verve Jul 13, 2015 7:39 am

Mileage Credit Form

Dear Lurkers,

similar to earlier posts it seems that M&M is doing everything to make retrospective mileage credits a pain. I'm was just trying to fill out the form for an LX flight that was booked on KL ticket stock (074) and guess what, the tool claims that the airline code is invalid.

I also had to claim the KL flights from the same ticket with Flying Blue and all they needed for an instant posting of the miles was the PNR and last name....

Cheers
Verve

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by verve (Post 25109365)
Dear Lurkers,

similar to earlier posts it seems that M&M is doing everything to make retrospective mileage credits a pain. I'm was just trying to fill out the form for an LX flight that was booked on KL ticket stock (074) and guess what, the tool claims that the airline code is invalid.

I also had to claim the KL flights from the same ticket with Flying Blue and all they needed for an instant posting of the miles was the PNR and last name....

Cheers
Verve

Hello Verve, sorry to hear that you seem to be having difficulties with the Miles & More Online Form. In the event this it is not possible to complete the form, the Miles and More Service Team requires the original boarding pass. You can send this per post to: Miles& More Service Team Postfach 1200, 33409 Verl, Germany. Adam

verve Jul 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25118963)
Hello Verve, sorry to hear that you seem to be having difficulties with the Miles & More Online Form. In the event this it is not possible to complete the form, the Miles and More Service Team requires the original boarding pass. You can send this per post to: Miles& More Service Team Postfach 1200, 33409 Verl, Germany. Adam

Hi Adam,
I appreciate your empathy - could I also ask you to share this feedback, and the many others you got above, with the M&M Service team. This might help them to figure out more sophisticated and customer friendly processes.
Many thanks
Verve

htb Jul 15, 2015 7:34 am

Originally Posted by verve (Post 25119100)
Hi Adam,
I appreciate your empathy - could I also ask you to share this feedback, and the many others you got above, with the M&M Service team. This might help them to figure out more sophisticated and customer friendly processes.
Many thanks
Verve

This (sending in original paper boarding passes) has already been criticized 15 years ago when I started flying LH regularly. The fact that this hasn't been addressed yet only leaves one conclusion: it's intentional to reduce the number of miles that are given out through the retro-credit.

HTB.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 16, 2015 2:55 am

Originally Posted by verve (Post 25119100)
Hi Adam,
Many thanks
Verve

Hi verve, I understand that this is not the most modern process and can definitely pass your feedback on to Miles & More. Sending in an original boarding pass for retroactive mileage accrual is however a standard set procedure and not without its reasons. Adam

asimha Jul 16, 2015 2:59 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25124702)
Hi verve, I understand that this is not the most modern process and can definitely pass your feedback on to Miles & More. Sending in an original boarding pass for retroactive mileage accrual is however a standard set procedure and not without its reasons. Adam

Sorry for stepping in but most BP's today are mobile, so should we be sending our Smartphones by mail to Germany ?? :-)

reppac Jul 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by asimha (Post 25124713)
Sorry for stepping in but most BP's today are mobile, so should we be sending our Smartphones by mail to Germany ?? :-)

Please post a video of the mobile being faxed - I'd love to see it.

htb Jul 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Another problem is that the mobile and (printed out) online boarding passes, unlike the "good old" paper boarding pass, don't display the booking class.

HTB.

oliver2002 Jul 20, 2015 1:34 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 25141546)
Another problem is that the mobile and (printed out) online boarding passes, unlike the "good old" paper boarding pass, don't display the booking class.

HTB.

Since May 1, 2015 the print-at-home pdf BP have the full info. Its not in the general area, but in one long line at the bottom of the page.

htb Jul 20, 2015 3:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25142937)
Since May 1, 2015 the print-at-home pdf BP have the full info. Its not in the general area, but in one long line at the bottom of the page.

Thanks -- I didn't notice that line until now. Very useful!

HTB.

Redhat72 Jul 23, 2015 7:21 am

Dear Lurkers,
I recently completed a trip to US and one of the legs within US was on United for which I did not receive a mileage credit. Now, I'm trying to fill the "Missing Mileage" form by choosing United as the partner. On the form, it asks me for a eTicket # that starts with 16. But I do not have that as the eTicket number on my boarding pass. My United boarding pass has the Lufthansa eTicket number starting with "220". Could you please tell me what I should do in this case?

Thanks

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 24, 2015 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72 (Post 25160284)
Dear Lurkers,
I recently completed a trip to US and one of the legs within US was on United for which I did not receive a mileage credit. Now, I'm trying to fill the "Missing Mileage" form by choosing United as the partner. On the form, it asks me for a eTicket # that starts with 16. But I do not have that as the eTicket number on my boarding pass. My United boarding pass has the Lufthansa eTicket number starting with "220". Could you please tell me what I should do in this case?

Thanks

Dear Redhat72,
if you use the online form for the retro-credit, then it should be possible to overwrite the default "16" with the Lufthansa ticket number beginning with 220. You may also use the "Reset"-Button on the bottom of the page.
Jens

jawnbc Aug 3, 2015 10:19 pm

Fax? Really?

Hi there,

I work at a large research university. We removed around 90 per cent of our fax machines a few years ago, since a scanned attachment to an email uses the exact same capture technology, but doesn't incur communication costs--particularly international ones.

I politely encourage LH to join us in the 21st century and have an email address or web interface that allows uploading a scanned boarding pass.

:)

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25086428)
Hi Ramswiss, the document needs to be transmitted via fax (http://f.lh.com/CVGG), as there is no operating email address available. Sandra