FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

vantage03 Dec 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Dear LH Lurker,
One month ago now I submitted my customer service query online (as I was told by the call center that it can only be done via lh.com) regarding my situation during the strikes.
I received the automated response with my feedback number (Feedback ID 30204130) and have since had ZERO correspondence from Lufthansa.
I am a Senator and was flying on a First Class itinerary. All things considered, this level of customer service is unsatisfactory. Could you please have your colleagues look at my case and follow up.
Thank you for your help.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 15, 2015 6:13 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 25864556)
Dear LH Lurker,
One month ago now I submitted my customer service query online (as I was told by the call center that it can only be done via lh.com) regarding my situation during the strikes.
I received the automated response with my feedback number (Feedback ID 30204130) and have since had ZERO correspondence from Lufthansa.
I am a Senator and was flying on a First Class itinerary. All things considered, this level of customer service is unsatisfactory. Could you please have your colleagues look at my case and follow up.
Thank you for your help.

Hello vantage03,
I'm sorry to hear that customer relations didn't get back to you yet. I will forward your case again to my colleagues and ask them to contact you as soon as possible.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 15, 2015 6:13 am

Dear totti, dear all,
as this issue seems to be of general interest: we were asked about the estimated response time for customer relations enquiries. Unfortunately, we're unable to answer this question. Each case is handled individually and the handling time depends on several factors, such as internal and / or external research. Therefore it's not possible for us to communicate any time frames. I'm sorry. What I am however able to assure you is, that customer relations is doing all possible to eliminate the current back-log as soon as possible.
Jens

Jasper2009 Dec 15, 2015 6:25 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25861024)
Hello loveairborne,
the 150% of miles in booking class E for Premium Economy Class flights is a regular crediting and not a promotion. Therefore you will get the triple miles of this 150%.
Jens

Just to confirm: "triple miles of this 150%" = 450% of the base miles?

(e.g. a non-status pax would earn ~35460 award miles for a return FRA-YYZ flight in booking class E?)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 16, 2015 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 25866675)
Just to confirm: "triple miles of this 150%" = 450% of the base miles?

(e.g. a non-status pax would earn ~35460 award miles for a return FRA-YYZ flight in booking class E?)

Hi Jasper2009, yes right. The 150% of miles in booking class E for Premium Economy Class flights are being tripled with the promotion. Sandra

JamesMcGill Dec 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Nice experience with some organizational flaws

Hey there,

I wanted to give you some feedback on my flight/bus ride from CDG to ZAQ via MUC.

I booked eco light via an OTA, which means although I'm star alliance Gold I don't get a piece of luggage.(bought one instead for 15€) I understand the concept of eco light to be a no-luggage fare, but depriving customers of this benefit seems to undermine the star alliance program. I'd be great to bring the "+1 piece" back to status pax.

There was no one at the welcome desk CDG LH Lounge, so I swiped my card and scanned my ticket myself. Apparently the lounge on the right side is closed, which I didn't know, but some personal told me after I sat down there. (oops

Connecting in MUC was little bit of a mess. Pax connecting to busses don't really get any informations whatsoever regarding their connection.

I didn't get a boarding pass for MUC-ZAQ in CDG, so I thought I could get it in MUC at a self-service desk. That unfortunately wasn't the case. The self-service desks don't work for the bus connections. So I guess every bus customer needs to go stand in line at the service center. (line was probably 30 minutes, with no status counter (?)). Luckily they also handle these issues at the Senator Lounge. The problem there was that the lady didn't want to let me in because I didn't have a boarding pass for MUC-ZAQ yet, so I had to explain her the situation.

Since this is a fairly new route, the LH-rep at the desk didn't about it yet. He assumed I was talking about a replacement bus, because apparently there was a cancelled flight to NUE later that day. After explaining the situation he was able to issue the boarding pass and also told me that I could use the lounge, which was surprising to me.

Again the lounge people were confused about the fact that my pass said "BUS" MUC-ZAQ. The first thought I'd go to ZAG. Again I explained the bus connection to them.

Apart from the organizational issue with the boarding pass there are 2 more problems is see when connecting to a bus at MUC, especially if you're a status pax.

1. No one tells you that you have to pick up your luggage yourself and bring it to the bus.

2. If you're a status client and you want to use the lounge you can't pick up your luggage, because you're leaving the airside of the airport and you're unable to go back after of course.

I also have some positive feedback for you:

1. It's great that pax connecting to a bus can use the lounge!

2. Postbus has a really good product. Partnering with them was a good idea. Wifi works amazingly well, I'm able to stream Bundesliga with it in the middle of nowhere. It's also a nice benefit for LH passengers that they get a free snack and a free drink. You should tell us that! I wanted to buy a drink, but the driver told me it's free. I think no one would've know if I hadn't ask for a paid drink.

I also have 2 questions for you:

1. Was I just luckily to be able to use the lounge or will LH continue to treat Postbus rides as "star alliance metal", rather than codeshares? From what I know about Star Alliance rules I shouldn't be able to use the Senator Lounge when connecting with the bus because Postbus isn't a member of Star alliance.

2. Will there be any new process in the future that makes connecting to the busses with luggage easier? Any chance of getting them checked through at some point?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 21, 2015 5:54 am

Originally Posted by JamesMcGill (Post 25889336)
Hey there,

I wanted to give you some feedback on my flight/bus ride from CDG to ZAQ via MUC.

I booked eco light via an OTA, which means although I'm star alliance Gold I don't get a piece of luggage.(bought one instead for 15€) I understand the concept of eco light to be a no-luggage fare, but depriving customers of this benefit seems to undermine the star alliance program. I'd be great to bring the "+1 piece" back to status pax.

There was no one at the welcome desk CDG LH Lounge, so I swiped my card and scanned my ticket myself. Apparently the lounge on the right side is closed, which I didn't know, but some personal told me after I sat down there. (oops

Connecting in MUC was little bit of a mess. Pax connecting to busses don't really get any informations whatsoever regarding their connection.

I didn't get a boarding pass for MUC-ZAQ in CDG, so I thought I could get it in MUC at a self-service desk. That unfortunately wasn't the case. The self-service desks don't work for the bus connections. So I guess every bus customer needs to go stand in line at the service center. (line was probably 30 minutes, with no status counter (?)). Luckily they also handle these issues at the Senator Lounge. The problem there was that the lady didn't want to let me in because I didn't have a boarding pass for MUC-ZAQ yet, so I had to explain her the situation.

Since this is a fairly new route, the LH-rep at the desk didn't about it yet. He assumed I was talking about a replacement bus, because apparently there was a cancelled flight to NUE later that day. After explaining the situation he was able to issue the boarding pass and also told me that I could use the lounge, which was surprising to me.

Again the lounge people were confused about the fact that my pass said "BUS" MUC-ZAQ. The first thought I'd go to ZAG. Again I explained the bus connection to them.

Apart from the organizational issue with the boarding pass there are 2 more problems is see when connecting to a bus at MUC, especially if you're a status pax.

1. No one tells you that you have to pick up your luggage yourself and bring it to the bus.

2. If you're a status client and you want to use the lounge you can't pick up your luggage, because you're leaving the airside of the airport and you're unable to go back after of course.

I also have some positive feedback for you:

1. It's great that pax connecting to a bus can use the lounge!

2. Postbus has a really good product. Partnering with them was a good idea. Wifi works amazingly well, I'm able to stream Bundesliga with it in the middle of nowhere. It's also a nice benefit for LH passengers that they get a free snack and a free drink. You should tell us that! I wanted to buy a drink, but the driver told me it's free. I think no one would've know if I hadn't ask for a paid drink.

I also have 2 questions for you:

1. Was I just luckily to be able to use the lounge or will LH continue to treat Postbus rides as "star alliance metal", rather than codeshares? From what I know about Star Alliance rules I shouldn't be able to use the Senator Lounge when connecting with the bus because Postbus isn't a member of Star alliance.

2. Will there be any new process in the future that makes connecting to the busses with luggage easier? Any chance of getting them checked through at some point?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
thank you for your feedback, I will forward it to the responsible departments for internal evaluation.
I'm afraid you were just lucky when my colleagues at the airport gave you lounge access… usually the boarding pass of a LH bus or train ride does not allow you or any other status customer access to a lounge. In general, airport lounges can only be used for (continuing) flights.
Regarding your second question, so far there are no plans to change the current procedure. When continuing your journey with a bus or train, you will have to pick up your luggage before transfering to your connecting bus/train.
Vanessa

malmostoso Dec 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Dear LH lurkers,

my better half will travel on an award ticket from LHR to MUC. She will carry her wedding dress with her, and of course she'd like to take it with her on board.

Will this be a problem? Will it be possible to hang it in a closet on the aircraft somewhere? I'm not sure about the dimensions of the dress, but I guess it will be bigger than a common suit bag.

She's *G if it helps to get some extra room on board :)

Thank you and happy new year!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 29, 2015 5:07 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 25928006)
Dear LH lurkers,

my better half will travel on an award ticket from LHR to MUC. She will carry her wedding dress with her, and of course she'd like to take it with her on board.

Will this be a problem? Will it be possible to hang it in a closet on the aircraft somewhere? I'm not sure about the dimensions of the dress, but I guess it will be bigger than a common suit bag.

She's *G if it helps to get some extra room on board :)

Thank you and happy new year!

Dear malmostoso,

the regular dimensions for foldable garment bags, 57 x 54 x 15 cm, hold for Star Alliance Gold members as well. That's why I'm unable to guarantee the transport of your wife's bag with the wedding dress, as much I would like to give my thumps up. :( If capacities and space inside the aircraft on the day of the flight should allow for taking the bigger bag, my colleagues might accept it and possibly will try to find some extra room. However, I can't promise anything from my position, as larger items of carry-on baggage generally will be transported in the hold as part of the free baggage allowance.

All the best for your upcoming nuptials.

Katharina

malmostoso Jan 1, 2016 7:23 pm

Thank you Katharina, we'll see at the airport then.

MisterRobarto Jan 4, 2016 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25081652)
Dear MisterRobarto,
As all decisions about compensations are made by Customer Relations, I’m not able to tell you in advance if and what kind of compensation may be offered in your case. I recommend that you use the feedback form (http://f.lh.com/uCPK) and my colleagues will get back to you.
Jens

Dear Lurkers,

I took your advice and submitted feedback. I heard back from Lufthansa Customer Relations a few weeks later with a very genuine apology and a statement that they would be sending me a check for $200 so, in their words, "they could take me and my wife to dinner." I thought it was a great touch and much more than I could have expected.

The fact that ~7 months later the check has yet to arrive has mitigated the warm fuzzies somewhat, but hey, it was nice to get the call.

vantage03 Jan 4, 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 25864556)
Dear LH Lurker,
Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25866639)
Hello vantage03,
I'm sorry to hear that customer relations didn't get back to you yet. I will forward your case again to my colleagues and ask them to contact you as soon as possible.
Jens

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25866642)
Dear totti, dear all,
as this issue seems to be of general interest: we were asked about the estimated response time for customer relations enquiries. Unfortunately, we're unable to answer this question. Each case is handled individually and the handling time depends on several factors, such as internal and / or external research. Therefore it's not possible for us to communicate any time frames. I'm sorry. What I am however able to assure you is, that customer relations is doing all possible to eliminate the current back-log as soon as possible.
Jens

Dear Lurkers,

Another 3 weeks has passed and still nothing, it's now approaching 2 months with no response. Not even an acknowledgement from Customer Relations that they're looking at the case, even though I've sent a follow up e-mail.

I'm sure you couldn't disagree that this isn't the level of service Senators traveling in First Class should accept. I can only assume deliberate inefficiency here, which is extremely disappointing.

Could you please advise (apart from "keep waiting", which would just add insult to injury) what I should be doing? Which EU regulatory body should I be contacting?

Thank you for your help.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 5, 2016 6:41 am

Originally Posted by MisterRobarto (Post 25961154)
Dear Lurkers,

I took your advice and submitted feedback. I heard back from Lufthansa Customer Relations a few weeks later with a very genuine apology and a statement that they would be sending me a check for $200 so, in their words, "they could take me and my wife to dinner." I thought it was a great touch and much more than I could have expected.

The fact that ~7 months later the check has yet to arrive has mitigated the warm fuzzies somewhat, but hey, it was nice to get the call.

Hi MisterRobarto, you are most welcome to send me your Feedback-ID - I will try and see if there is anything I can do get that check to you. Sandra

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 5, 2016 6:41 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 25961631)
Dear Lurkers,

Another 3 weeks has passed and still nothing, it's now approaching 2 months with no response. Not even an acknowledgement from Customer Relations that they're looking at the case, even though I've sent a follow up e-mail.

I'm sure you couldn't disagree that this isn't the level of service Senators traveling in First Class should accept. I can only assume deliberate inefficiency here, which is extremely disappointing.

Could you please advise (apart from "keep waiting", which would just add insult to injury) what I should be doing? Which EU regulatory body should I be contacting?

Thank you for your help.

Hi vantage03, I am sorry to hear you still haven't heard back yet! :-(. I just got in touch with CR asking them to prioritise your case. You should be contacted shortly. Thank you, however, for your ongoing patience! Sandra

vantage03 Jan 5, 2016 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 25964623)
Hi vantage03, I am sorry to hear you still haven't heard back yet! :-(. I just got in touch with CR asking them to prioritise your case. You should be contacted shortly. Thank you, however, for your ongoing patience! Sandra

Really appreciate you following up Sandra. Thank you!