Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Marcin83
It is also possible that they will place me in a kind of CRM-black list which they certainly have.
You mean the Weero tag?
Old May 24, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
And still they claim victory at the Freddies
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18003

Dated 1 June so perhaps an early release?
Old May 24, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
And still they claim victory at the Freddies
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18003

Dated 1 June so perhaps an early release?
How can a press release from June 1 be out already?

I would think the Freddies would want to announce this prior to the competitors?

Strange.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Freakies were handed to the winners in late April, gala ceremony, press releases etc followed accordingly.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Let me be a bit provocative: What is so bad about the changes? The typical business high margin flyer does not care at all. F, C and D are not touched. however, the cost sensitive flyer might care. P and Z are affected. But this is only a small part of the full story.

Lets look back at bit.

Once upon a time M&M was a frequent flyer program and it gave you 1250 miles of a domestic flight in discounted economy. It took you one economy return a week to gain Senator statues. Than they changed this to 156 miles for discounted economy and everybody complained. However, as clever as we are we found workarounds: Swiss Saver or Cheap Z and A promotion fares.

And now they reacted to that and made this workarounds less attractive. On the other hand, discounted economy is back to 625 miles and SEN is down to 100.000 miles. So it takes you 80 annual returns in discounted economy to gain Senator Status. Not bad at all.....
Old May 24, 2012, 12:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
On the other hand, discounted economy is back to 625 miles...
Not if you are flying domestic K or L, or cross-border E, L or K .
Old May 24, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
however, the cost sensitive flyer might care. P and Z are affected. But this is only a small part of the full story.
There are also many HONs and SENs who are in this category and they are the ones who are making all the fuss
Old May 24, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
There are also many HONs and SENs who are in this category and they are the ones who are making all the fuss
I am one in that category. Apparently there are not enough of us.

I came to LH M&M about five years ago because:
1.) *A and LH fly conveniently to places I need to go from New York, particularly FRA, DUS, (and occasionally SIN).
2.) I generally like LH on-board service.
3.) LH change fees were very reasonable for discounted C tickets.
4.) M&M was one of the best earning values for people who fly long-haul in discount C.

While 1.) is still true, I am now undecided about 2.), 3.) has become less true, and 4.) has become much less true.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
I am one in that category. Apparently there are not enough of us.
I fly quite frequently on Z fare tickets.

Why anyone would pay a C fare when a Z fare is available boggles my mind.

I have calculated that to make the difference between a Z fare and a C fare I would need to change the flight 14 times. I cannot recall a flight I changed 14 times.
Old May 25, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I fly quite frequently on Z fare tickets.
I only fly on Z fares.

If there are no Z fares available, I look for other alternatives.

I understand that managers from some companies cannot move their schedules easily and/or do not mind paying top fares, as it is not from their pockets, but it is not my case.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K Premier, LH Senator
Originally Posted by more4less
I only fly on Z fares.

I understand that managers from some companies cannot move their schedules easily and/or do not mind paying top fares, as it is not from their pockets, but it is not my case.
I can't imagine how I would explain to the bean counters booking a class other than the lowest eligible fare in the class I am eligible to fly (business) and I change my flights often and pay a lot of change fees, it's still way cheaper to book Z...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Thumbs up After 2.5 months and aprox 10 mails, at least I´vo got a positive answer

Dear Mr Marcin83

Thank you for your enquiry.

From 01 September 2012 onwards new mileage valuations will apply to the seating class Z on flights with Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair and SWISS. As to your booking under the reservation code XXX, you are entitled to the mileage entitlement valid at the time of your booking made in March before the changes were announced. Kindly contact us again in September after the flights have been registered, so that we can correct the mileage credit accordingly. Please also mention in your query that you booked your flights in March and refer to our correspondence.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
+1^
It seems as LH decided it is cheaper to give out miles then go to court
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M had promised such exception sometime back, see post #11 in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...2-changes.html

It may have not sounded right due to my translation.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
New Strategy?

Originally Posted by more4less
I only fly on Z fares.

After complaining didn't resolve the issue, I wonder which strategy to take?

Like many others, my company policy is to book the lowest fare in economy for short haul, and the lowest fare in business for long haul. Period. No way to book Y, B, M or C, D, respectively. Never ever. Flying E, L, T and Z I made roughly 110k miles a year.

I currently consider the following strategy options:

a) Accept relegation to FTL (although I'll still earn about 75k miles a year)?
b) Earn all my *A miles to TK (which I only used in alternate years, previously)?
c) Open up another alternative *A FFP for the LH years?
d) ???

Any views?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.