Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Arrow Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

please note that this is just a rumour at the moment and not confirmed in any way:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...85211038169491

now confirmed, here some details - sorry in german only:

Für den Senator braucht man nur noch 100.000 Statusmeilen.
- Senatoren die dieses Jahr mehr als 300.000 Statusmeilen gesammelt haben bekommen im Rahmen einer Promotion zwei zusätzliche Upgrade Voucher.
- Zum Erreichen des HON-Status gelten nur noch First und Business Class Tickets.
... - Upgrade in die First aus P nicht mehr mit Vouchern oder Meilen möglich, ab 01.09. auch nicht mehr aus der Z-Klasse.
- P-Klasse (Business) gibt nur 500 Meilen innerdeutsch, 750 innerhalb Europas und 100% Entfernungsmeilen interkontinental.
- Z Klasse gibt nur 1.000 Milen innerdeutsch, 1.250 innerhalb Europas und 150% Entfernungsmeilen interkontinental

Last edited by Meilensammler; Mar 20, 2012 at 5:29 am Reason: more content added
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:44 am

here is the link from M&M: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...mc_id=MRSSF000

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 6, 2012 at 7:54 am
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:44 am

RUMOR in English

Senator status only requires 100,000 Status miles.

Earning 300,000 HON Circle miles within two calendar years will in future be rewarded with two eVouchers for upgrades to the next highest service class.

Only First and Business class tickets will be counted towards HON Status.

Upgrade to F from P no longer possible with vouchers or miles.
Starting 01 SEP no upgrade to F from Z.

P=500 Miles German domestic, 750 within Europe, 100%intercontinental

Z=1000 Miles German domestic, 1250 Within Europe, 150% Intercontinental

Last edited by elsie; Mar 20, 2012 at 3:36 am Reason: Corrected point 2.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by DUB-FRA
Of course the LH website states only the positive stuff....

If I'd be HON and if I'd be doing that in coach (600K status miles), I'd be very pissed to not receive that black card since these guys are really loyal...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:53 am
Original Poster

not a rumour anymore....

LH will send out the new conditions to all customers starting today. The lower mileage in Business also applies to Swiss (including the Business Saver) and Austrian.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DUB-FRA
I went to the news on the M&M portal and couldn't find any such info. In fact there are no news since February 29.

Could it be that at this stage the info is only posted on the German site?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by creber
I went to the news on the M&M portal and couldn't find any such info. In fact there are no news since February 29.

Could it be that at this stage the info is only posted on the German site?
at least it has been published in english:

From this September, Miles & More will be making it easier for frequent flyers from Germany to enjoy exclusive Senator privileges: the number of miles necessary for achieving or maintaining Senator status is to be reduced from the current 130,000 status miles earned within a calendar year to 100,000. This will therefore bring the mileage threshold for Miles & More members living in Germany into line with the worldwide qualification requirement for a golden Miles & More card.
Loyalty promotion for Senators

At the same time Miles & More is thanking frequent-flying Senators this year with a loyalty promotion: earning 300,000 HON Circle miles within two calendar years will in future be rewarded with two eVouchers for upgrades to the next highest service class. The HON Circle miles flown in 2011 are also taken into account in this total.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by elsie

Senators who earned more than 300,000 status miles this year will receive 2 additional promotional upgrade vouchers
wrong, it's HON miles only...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:20 am

And there was me thinking they were going to offer *Gold (not SEN status) at a more reasonable level (say 70,000 with SEN adding in at 100,00) Oh well.

Having been loyal to LH / Star Alliance for 5 years while flying Y, now I have more freedom and premium cabins, so One World is now my choice. LH, you're an average airline, with below average space in European flights, and a below average product on longhaul C (Eco Plus for Bus prices). Oh, and you mess with the programme too much.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the other points also correct:
1) No upgrades from Z?
2) HON circle miles only on business/first class fares?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Bummer. As I often make use of Swiss Business Saver, this is quite a pain and a real downgrade
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by totti
Bummer. As I often make use of Swiss Business Saver, this is quite a pain and a real downgrade
Well, the question is if the changes are retroactive. I mean, I have some LX flights in P in August and than one LH "Z" long-haul booking for August-September. As I made the bookings before the changes have been announced, I hope to accumulate status miles according to the "old" rules.

AFAIK, the FF changes are not a sufficient excuse to cancel the already paid bookings.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Good news for me is that I should receive 2 more evouchers having passed the 300k mark already, but the bad news is that I will need to (try to...) spend them before 1 Sep on a Z fare..

Worse news is I just booked a few Z fares after 1 Sep. Expecting them to come in at 200% when I booked but will this expected decrease be applied retrospectively?

Last edited by MichielR; Mar 20, 2012 at 3:38 am
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Are the other points also correct:
1) No upgrades from Z?
2) HON circle miles only on business/first class fares?
Both is correct.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
wrong, it's HON miles only...

Well I posted when it was still a rumor. I will try to correct it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.