Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Probably LH are hoping that the remaining HONs will travel a lot of F anyway, thus this will be the greatest common subset.
LH should realize that if you can afford flying in F, you don't give a damn about being HON.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
LH should realize that if you can afford flying in F, you don't give a damn about being HON.
+1 ^
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by sentom
wishfull thinking!

most HONs i know don't have a problem with the program changes, they have a problem with the absolute ridiculous inventory management and the lousy service quality...
+0.99

These were the reasons why I was looking around for alternatives some months ago, but the letter with the program changes was the official "certificate of divorce" for me.

Without the above-mentioned problems, I assume I would have requalified my status until end of August...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Glenlivet
This is not quite true.The major advantage of HON is not on the long haul flights , but if you do a lot of Europe hopping.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:19 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Well, the HON that fly paid first (On longhaule flights) do also profit from HON perks when flying inner European segments - and in add they Profit also when flying and paying (or on awards) themselves (and Family) on holidays and leisure trips.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 1a
This is not quite true.The major advantage of HON is not on the long haul flights , but if you do a lot of Europe hopping.
With the exception of the First Class Terminal when departing from Frankfurt, I don't actually see that many advantages to HON within Europe. The FCT is a major advantage as you can get dropped off 45 minutes prior to flight time without any concerns (which would be impossible in the main terminal).

For people that have relatively few departures (not transfers) from Frankfurt the advantage is minimal.

The majority of HON members I know (admittedly a small sample size- not statistically valid) are fed up enough with the numerous changes and the way they have been communicated that they are flying other airlines intentionally.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: LH SEN for Life
Upgrades from Z

Just received the official news of M&L new enhancements.

I understand from 1/9 no upgrades from Z.

Does this include upgrades with e-vouchers???

Are e-vouchers almost worthless now??

It say on Swiss still possible to upgrade from Z with 20,000 miles more - does this include e-vouchers + 20,000?

Maybe I'm glad I don't fly that much anymore and already have Senator for Life - unless they enhance that too.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
With the exception of the First Class Terminal when departing from Frankfurt, I don't actually see that many advantages to HON within Europe. The FCT is a major advantage as you can get dropped off 45 minutes prior to flight time without any concerns (which would be impossible in the main terminal).

For people that have relatively few departures (not transfers) from Frankfurt the advantage is minimal.

The majority of HON members I know (admittedly a small sample size- not statistically valid) are fed up enough with the numerous changes and the way they have been communicated that they are flying other airlines intentionally.
Well I beg to differ on value of HON on intra Europe.

So the main question for LH in regards to your HON friends is wether they are / were F or C paying customers or not.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the main question for LH in regards to your HON friends is wether they are / were F or C paying customers or not.
Our colleagues are paying Z/D/C customers for the most part with a few exceptions for A class fares. Full F and J are not good value and thus not possible to justify in 99% of cases.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:52 am

completely agree! i always arrive on an apron position from SZG, the pickup makes it easy to transfer or very quick to get out. on top of that schedule not always works in my favor so i have connection times between 2 and 3 hrs on a regular basis, so its nice to spend this time in a decent place where you can work properly. but the biggest advantage (which thank god still works) is when things go wrong...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:54 am

I have to be honest and admit that I'm tempted to move on into another FFP as soon as I my miles are gone... anyone feeling the same?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rudi
Well, the HON that fly paid first (On longhaule flights) do also profit from HON perks when flying inner European segments - and in add they Profit also when flying and paying (or on awards) themselves (and Family) on holidays and leisure trips.
... while they still get into the FCT/FCL on awards and <F tickets ...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Thumbs down M&M e-mail reply

I just got an e-mail from M&M stating:

Dear Mr....

#Bla, bla.....all miles for flights are posted on the day of departue....with the valid scheme...no matter when you bought the ticket.#

So confirmed that you will be credited with new miles after 1st September.
Bear in mind if you purchase tickets now!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I just got an e-mail from M&M stating:

Dear Mr....

#Bla, bla.....all miles for flights are posted on the day of departue....with the valid scheme...no matter when you bought the ticket.#

So confirmed that you will be credited with new miles after 1st September.
Bear in mind if you purchase tickets now!
If someone had purchased a ticket pre 1st April announcement of the changes for travel after September 1st I can't see how that would be legal to give them the reduced miles. Fair enough for new ticket purchases now they have made the announcement April 1 but they should update the various websites showing 200% miles then.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA G, EK G, LH G, VS S, Hyatt D, SPG P, HH D, Aclub P
I am tired of Miles & More so will drop LH & SWISS altogether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.