Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Liberating, isn't it!
It is ! , had several CX F flights last few weeks both ex EU and USA.
Did not miss much !
Old May 2, 2012, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by kasi
So, Y eliminated for HON Miles, C will be eliminated in Europe/Germany (after transferring Ops to Germanwings), F will be eliminated on several routes, Z and P will earn much less miles at prices previously earned on D and are often the only business-booking classes on Lufthansa .com. how many HON will be left? 500?
A fair question. Perhaps LH senior management sees the old 80/20 rule (80% of revenue comes from 20% of customers) as relevant and thus calculates that 1500-1600 HONs will remain, with bearable revenue impact from the 80% who fail to re-qualify. Perhaps senior management sees an eventual, very "exclusive" invitation-only HON program as enhancing its self-image.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe someone in LH can leak the memo and let us all know the future of HON and M&M!
Old May 2, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
more details from brummi@VFT

• Lowering of the Senator qualification threshold in Germany: the qualification threshold for customers living in Germany will be reduced from 130,000 miles to 100,000 miles within a calendar year. The mileage threshold in Germany will therefore correspond to the worldwide qualification requirement.
Nice move to even out the playing field.

Any news on whether their family membership program will stop being a Middle-Eastern thing?

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1905951&l=en
Old May 2, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by FriendlyConfines
Perhaps senior management sees an eventual, very "exclusive" invitation-only HON program as enhancing its self-image.
I hope they are not following BA steps with their silly Premier status program
Old May 2, 2012, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I hope they are not following BA steps with their silly Premier status program
As long as one is invited, everything is fine!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
As long as one is invited, everything is fine!
The couple of people I know with Premier cards don't fly commercial very often.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Yes, but do they approve the expenses of some of those who do?
Old May 3, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
Yes, but do they approve the expenses of some of those who do?
Of course
Old May 22, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Miles&More response to this feedback, dated on April 10th:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18365213-post403.html

Thank you for your enquiry.

It is understandable that not all of the new mileage valuations meet with your approval. However, such adaptations take place because airlines restructure the classifications of their various booking classes from time to time. Thus, some letters that stand for a specific tariff are discontinued, added or their value redefined. This leads in part to an increase in miles but also to reductions. We regret that you are affected by a decrease and apologise for the disappointment caused. Nevertheless, the new mileage valuations are binding for all customers – without exception – from the date the realignment came into effect. To discover more, please visit our website at www.miles-and-more.com < Earn Miles > and select the relevant partner.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That could have been worded a little more customer friendly....
Old May 22, 2012, 1:24 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Actually that is besides the point. The correct answer would have been to apologize and to ensure the customer that they will certainly honor the higher mileage redemption for the flights already booked. The answer received is just pathetic from a customer service point of view. It makes any customer want to sue LH for breach of contract... But that seems to be quite common with LH recently...

HTB.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by htb
Actually that is besides the point. The correct answer would have been to apologize and to ensure the customer that they will certainly honor the higher mileage redemption for the flights already booked. The answer received is just pathetic from a customer service point of view. It makes any customer want to sue LH for breach of contract... But that seems to be quite common with LH recently...

HTB.
Indeed. This is really what I am waiting for. What will happen to all tickets I have purchased where it very clearly states I am getting 200% of miles? They are still selling them now for May 2013 (!) departures.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
My answer to this reply has been much less polite than the original feedback.

As there has been a 5 minutes schedule change, I threatened that I would cancel the booking without any consequences if they didn´t respect the original mileage accural. (The problem is that I really want to fly to SIN )

Of course the answer will depend on the mood of the responding employee... It is also possible that they will place me in a kind of CRM-black list which they certainly have.
BTW, as you all know, Iberia´s service is worse than LH´s service. But the treatment of the Premium passengers is much better in case of Iberia/Iberia Plus.

Last edited by Marcin83; May 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's what passes for friendly at LH, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.