Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by Wombelero
Urgh, why does Emirates have so little Maintenance costs compared to LH??
W
I would guess because LH has 292 aircraft, most of which (by count) are short-haul, and subject to frequent take-off and landings. EK has 173 aircraft, all of which are long-haul and will have a much longer duty-cycle.

What would concern me is the taxes and 'other' costs. Both of those have a direct impact on the value of M&M miles. When taxes are that high, there's no incentive to lower YQ, and 'other' costs is likely to contain things like our lounges, and that free food and drink, and other *G related perks.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: LH SEN
Nooooooooooooo

Now that's what I call bad planning. I have a few trips booked, or in the planning. Maybe they can bump me over...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aidanc
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This brings to mind - it seems that the new M&M website still shows status validity for the current card, even if one has requlified meanwhile.

At least it shows my SEN to be valid until Feb/2013 though I requlified in 2011 until Feb/2015 - the site even showed 2015 until sometime in the spring.

Should I be worried about my status or it's just a glitch?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:52 am

Location: Tokyo, Hong Kong & Barcelona (not in order of preference)
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat, LH SEN
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
This brings to mind - it seems that the new M&M website still shows status validity for the current card, even if one has requlified meanwhile.

Should I be worried about my status or it's just a glitch?
I worried about the exact same thing this morning - status validity shows 02/14 although I requalified 2 months ago!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
This has been brought up several times. It seems that the new validity period is only displayed when the previous one is close to expiring. That said, you might want to keep a printout/screenshot of your mileage statement from the requalification year just in case.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Z class credit for flights after 1Sep12 booked before

Folks,

I appreciate that this has been discussed several times before, but I just don't understand, why LH can't get it sorted out.

I have been on a Z ticket with the following itin:

BRU-LH-FRA-LH-HKG-CX-TPE//CX-HKG-LH-FRA-LH-BRU.

I have flown the first part of the ticket until the farebreak point in TPE in April, was supposed to fly back in May 2012. I rebooked and have flown the return journey in September.

I had read, that tickets booked in Z Class prior to 1 Sep 2012, but flown after that date still get the "full" Business Class credit (i.e. 225% miles and exec. bonus for long haul and 2500 miles on European legs). Of course, my milage statement now posts the return journey as 125% only ...

Is this correct? and if not, what can I do about it, as M&M's reply on the phone is -- "the rules have changed".
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
Is this correct? and if not, what can I do about it, as M&M's reply on the phone is -- "the rules have changed".
Just send an email to the HON Circle team.
If you're a "good HON", they'll respond quickly and should be able to credit the full 200% manually.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Originally Posted by Hippo72
Just send an email to the HON Circle team.
If you're a "good HON", they'll respond quickly and should be able to credit the full 200% manually.

What's a "good" HON, Hippo. I've actually never emailed with the HON Circle team before, but since the call center has gone down the hill so dramatically recently, this is may be a good advice anyways ...

More seriously, you do confirm that the return flights should get full milage, right? Just curious, what actually is the cut-off date for that rule, as I have one more half Z tix floating around.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by Jan@BRU

I had read, that tickets booked in Z Class prior to 1 Sep 2012, but flown after that date still get the "full" Business Class credit ".
Where did you read that? I have a couple of long haul Z fares that were booked before Sep 1st, it would be nice to get 200% miles for them.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Read the interview here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...2-changes.html

Even though it didn't say it explicitly, as part of the question in post #5, M&M stated they will honor bookings made prior to the April announcement to get the original HON Circle and status miles, however the process was manual.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Is the latest (September issue) miles-and-more earning chart the most recent one? Or have been there some changes which haven't been published yet?

Looking specifically for Air Canada. Looking into booking a K class ticket FRA-YYZ-YUL and back. Air Canada credits (now) 50% miles to Aeroplan, but is it still 100% to MM as stated online?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Inflation of SENs...

Last night on LX GRU to ZRH (according to purser)
30 SENs in Y
16 SENs in C
3 SENs in F

this is 21% of the seats......
I am not sure if this was the plan behind the change in Sep 2012.....
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And your assumption is that the number of SEN's has risen drastically because (only) 3 months ago the members from DE got their threshold lowered or a few less miles were earned?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Inflation of SENs...

Last night on LX GRU to ZRH (according to purser)
30 SENs in Y
16 SENs in C
3 SENs in F

this is 21% of the seats......
I am not sure if this was the plan behind the change in Sep 2012.....
GRU has typcially been a very heavy route for Senator and HON Circle members. Given that many corporate policies are to fly business on trips of that length- a person only needs to complete 5 roundtrips in a year and they are SEN. Consider a lot of people go once a month and it is quite logical to see a very heavy SEN and HON route to GRU. HKG and PVG are much the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.