FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Note to the OP:

It looks like the LH first class checker tool has moved locations, and the link in the wiki needs to be updated: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First-Class-Product
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by PlaneHunter
I have noticed that MCO always gets a 744 with new F - in contrast to DEN which seems to get a 744 with old F almost every day. I'm a bit surprised because MCO is more or less a "holiday" destination - can anyone throw a light on that?
Looks like it's my lucky day, as the DEN-FRA flight has the new F on my travel date. But all other dates around that still have the old F. Seems like it's still a risky connection to aim for if new F is the goal.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by julp
Looks like it's my lucky day, as the DEN-FRA flight has the new F on my travel date. But all other dates around that still have the old F. Seems like it's still a risky connection to aim for if new F is the goal.
As long as D-ABTF (the last 744 with old F) remains active, there's a risk. It has only flown to EWR and DEN in the last few days, btw. I'm wondering if it will continue to do so.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Note to the OP:

It looks like the LH first class checker tool has moved locations, and the link in the wiki needs to be updated: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First-Class-Product
Thanks for the alert but the link in the first post should still work. Sometimes you have to click the link twice.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by PlaneHunter
As long as D-ABTF (the last 744 with old F) remains active, there's a risk. It has only flown to EWR and DEN in the last few days, btw. I'm wondering if it will continue to do so.
How often is the Lufthansa First Class checker wrong? They display that little warning message about last-minute changes... that has me freaked out!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
How often is the Lufthansa First Class checker wrong? They display that little warning message about last-minute changes... that has me freaked out!
Come on! Old LH F ist not that bad.
The checker is about 75% accurate 2 weeks and more before flight.
2-3 days before flight, it is about 95% accurate.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: AC, AS; NEXUS+GE
First Class Checker Tool

Note to the OP:

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks for the alert but the link in the first post should still work. Sometimes you have to click the link twice.
Data point: only the new link above provided helpfully by julp works for me. Old link in the first post only sends me to LH homepage, no matter how many clicks or which browser I use. Could be because I am North America-based.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A333 FRA-AUH on 6Dec was old F. Trying to find the reg number.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ain't got time to take a fast train
Data point: only the new link above provided helpfully by julp works for me. Old link in the first post only sends me to LH homepage, no matter how many clicks or which browser I use. Could be because I am North America-based.
The link posted by julp is a URL alias which resolves to the longer URL in the first post. I have updated the link but the URL still directs the users to LH's German site.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
A333 FRA-AUH on 6Dec was old F. Trying to find the reg number.
D-AIKO according to flightradar24.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
D-AIKO according to flightradar24.
That sounds right. Pretty tired looking plane/seats, helped by a delicious meal and nice wine.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
That sounds right. Pretty tired looking plane/seats, helped by a delicious meal and nice wine.
It was only delivered in 2009 and not that old. I was on D-AIKH a few months ago which was older and delivered in 2005. Compared to 744s and 343s, all 333s are quite 'new' and less than 10 years old.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by flylocal
Come on! Old LH F ist not that bad.
The checker is about 75% accurate 2 weeks and more before flight.
2-3 days before flight, it is about 95% accurate.
Agreed, Old F isn't that bad. But I've flown it before and am running out of time to fly the new F on a 744 before the United deval goes into effect. It's on my bucket list

Thanks for the data point, btw.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:30 pm

I was searching for some flights, and it looks like FRA-ICN is being operated by a 744 in April.
I'm not sure if this can be answered now, but does it mean FRA-ICN will likely see the new F?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA1K
hoping to do DEN-FRA on feb 13...might have to wait until 1/31 to book before the UA devalue goes into effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.