Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Originally Posted by thexfactor
Is that so hard to imagine?
Yes it is, because you a have a min. transfer time (1h45min), longer total flight time and you have to fly UAs brilliant domestic First product. But - hey - UAs domestic product is so much better than LHs old F ^
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by SFO777
You'd rather tack on 4-6 hours and have to fly the last 4 hours on DL or UA? You're nuts to even consider that.
+1

especially as JFK-FRA is WAY too short to sleep properly
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by daumueller
+1

especially as JFK-FRA is WAY too short to sleep properly
Agreed.

We once did this in about 5 hours on SQ with tailwinds.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by flylocal
You fly FRA-JFK-DEN instead of FRA-DEN nonstop, just to avoid old F???
Sorry for the confusion but my route was LAX-DEN-FRA (no award availability non-stop out of LA or SFO on LH) and I switched to LAX-JFK-FRA. Longer domestic flight and less time on LH unfortunately but now I'm on a lie flat domestically which I've never tried, a better lounge with JFK, and I get to experience the seat and a bed that I've seen in pictures for so long. Overall, I'm happy.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by hedur
Sorry for the confusion but my route was LAX-DEN-FRA (no award availability non-stop out of LA or SFO on LH) and I switched to LAX-JFK-FRA. Longer domestic flight and less time on LH unfortunately but now I'm on a lie flat domestically which I've never tried, a better lounge with JFK, and I get to experience the seat and a bed that I've seen in pictures for so long. Overall, I'm happy.
I see... well, I would still have preferred LAX-DEN-FRA. That's because I think old F is not so much worse than new F. The privacy is the same. Only downside is that the old F seat is relatively narrow for a "big" man. But the lounge (DEN United Club vs. JFK LH FCL) is a good point! I would probably have looked for the nonstop SFO-FRA connection on UA (which gives you UA GF Lounge access in SFO). Anyway, I can understand that you want to try out JFK LH FCL and new LH F
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, FPC Premier
I know it's terribly lazy of me not to read through all 80 odd pages of this thread...(:P) but is there any way I can know if my flight will feature the new F? I am flying LH763 DEL-MUC on 11/17....

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by NYCSINUA
I know it's terribly lazy of me not to read through all 80 odd pages of this thread...(:P) but is there any way I can know if my flight will feature the new F? I am flying LH763 DEL-MUC on 11/17....

Thanks!
I know it's terribly lazy of me not to actually read your question, but I think it does feature FlyNet, also looks like the weather in Melbourne will be pretty decent yesterday.

You're welcome!

[edit] you could also, you know, read the first post :P

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Nov 10, 2013 at 7:15 am
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
...but I don't think it features FlyNet...
Why not?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why not?
Sorry, posted without checking first DEL routes do have it. hell, I even had it on MUC-DEL in 2005, during the first iteration of FlyNet!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Why not?
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Sorry, posted without checking first
Great, just great!!!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:08 pm

Does anyone know how accurate the LH website for new/old F? Stuck with old F on my flight and it seems like either day before/after has new f.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:54 pm

On a recent trip to HKG, I travelled to MUC from ORD. It was supposed to be old F, but when I boarded, it turned out to be new F. Very nice. I like both, but the new F was, well, new. There was only 3 of us in F, and one guy went to sleep immediately. The other awake F passenger passed on the caviar, so I was forced to consume the whole tin. The FAs will not eat it, as I was told then, and before. The new F bed was outstanding and I slept for about 4 of the 8.5 hours. The MUC F lounge was, as always, top notch, with a cigar lounge, great,showers, a sleeping room, and lots of good beer. The food selection was delicious. I had a remote departure to HKG, so we got the Mercedes to the aircraft. The MUC-HKG flight was new F also, and I slept at least 6.5 hours of the 11.5. All in all, another great LH F experience.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:51 pm

Are the three 744s currently not retrofitted scheduled to be retrofitted at some point? Or will some not be retrofitted, since I understand some 744s will become 2 class?

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Are the three 744s currently not retrofitted scheduled to be retrofitted at some point? Or will some not be retrofitted, since I understand some 744s will become 2 class?

Thanks.
Check this post.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: LH HON
Check this post.
but that post was referring to A340s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.