Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by econprof
Sorry, I know you were talking about the F lounge, but presumably the same company does the catering for the entire facility. My comments about wine related to the SEN lounge.
No No you are right, the entire lounge was catered by Do&Co......i think your comment is valid for the entire lounge....i think the staff still seems very good and interested to help you
Old May 9, 2013, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by divjan
No No you are right, the entire lounge was catered by Do&Co......i think your comment is valid for the entire lounge....i think the staff still seems very good and interested to help you
Yes- excellent staff at this facility and by far the best Lufthansa lounge complex in N. America.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:15 am

Comparison to new LX Lounge

Does anyone know how the new LX Biz Lounge compares to the LH Biz Lounge at JFK? Which one should be preferred?
Old May 11, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by dusber
Does anyone know how the new LX Biz Lounge compares to the LH Biz Lounge at JFK? Which one should be preferred?
LX is in T4 and LH is in T1. So there is no real choice. To the best of my knowledge there is no new LX lounge, the LX lounge is now airside, but it is the same lounge, which used to be landside.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:26 pm
Suspended

jfk lounge access?

Was flying out of jfk on tk in business and attempted to access LG lounge was denied. Also produced ua *g card but to no avail. Was told tk can only use Korean air lounge. What gives, I produced a business class boarding card for a star alliance partner and gold card, should at least have had access to business lounge and by the rules the senator lounge. Anybody else have similar experience?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Normally JFK doesn't refuse entry, you must caught them during their busy phase.

BTW, is the TK contract lounge back to KE again? Recently it was reported that the lounge of choice for them is AZ

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyUMF
Was flying out of jfk on tk in business and attempted to access LG lounge was denied. Also produced ua *g card but to no avail. Was told tk can only use Korean air lounge. What gives, I produced a business class boarding card for a star alliance partner and gold card, should at least have had access to business lounge and by the rules the senator lounge. Anybody else have similar experience?
this would be an interesting question for the LH lurkers thread also, they should have granted you access
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Normally JFK doesn't refuse entry, you must caught them during their busy phase.

BTW, is the TK contract lounge back to KE again? Recently it was reported that the lounge of choice for them is AZ

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
My apologies I meant the AZ lounge, I was able to access KE with another card. I was really surprised not even to gain access to the LH business lounge.

As an aside some weeks before I was flying LH out and am sad to say that the quality of food even in the First section seemed markedly diminished. Unfortunate.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:32 pm
Suspended

I also meant to add that I noticed (at least compared to previous visits) that lounge staff, including in the First section are much less proactive, one person was talking the back stairwell on a mobile phone and swearing loud enough for me to hear while seated.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by JohnnyUMF
I also meant to add that I noticed (at least compared to previous visits) that lounge staff, including in the First section are much less proactive, one person was talking the back stairwell on a mobile phone and swearing loud enough for me to hear while seated.
Wow. That does not sound typical to me at JFK. They must have been having a really bad day. I just spent a few hours in the JFK SEN lounge on Friday afternoon (from just before pushback of LH411 until boarding of LH405), and the staff seemed to be their normal, helpful selves...and the catering in the SEN lounge was quite good (except for the sesame-crusted chicken, which was overcooked and dry... )

BTW, I know the AF and KE lounges quite well in Terminal 1 @ JFK, but where is the AZ lounge located?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N1003U
Wow. That does not sound typical to me at JFK. They must have been having a really bad day. I just spent a few hours in the JFK SEN lounge on Friday afternoon (from just before pushback of LH411 until boarding of LH405), and the staff seemed to be their normal, helpful selves...and the catering in the SEN lounge was quite good (except for the sesame-crusted chicken, which was overcooked and dry... )

BTW, I know the AF and KE lounges quite well in Terminal 1 @ JFK, but where is the AZ lounge located?
To clarify, contract staff, not LH staff, the actual airline staff have always been quite good! AZ lounge slightly down the hall from KE lounge, there is a stairwell that sort of partially blocks the view.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Shower access inaccurate on *Alliance website (or staff not properly trained)

I was at this lounge last month before an OS flight to Vienna. Had been driving all over the east coast in traffic on a hot day and was really looking forward to a shower before the overnight flight, and even arranged to get there a little early so I would have time to shower up. I gained entry to the lounge due to both a Business Class seat on OS and my United Club membership. However, I was denied access to a shower, as I was not an LH FC passenger.

The Star Alliance lounge access website engine said there was shower access in the Business and Senator lounge. However, the attendant was adamant that showers were only for FC passengers. I even walked her through the website search that showed I should get access. No dice. Very frustrating
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by onepassaddict
I was at this lounge last month before an OS flight to Vienna. Had been driving all over the east coast in traffic on a hot day and was really looking forward to a shower before the overnight flight, and even arranged to get there a little early so I would have time to shower up. I gained entry to the lounge due to both a Business Class seat on OS and my United Club membership. However, I was denied access to a shower, as I was not an LH FC passenger.

The Star Alliance lounge access website engine said there was shower access in the Business and Senator lounge. However, the attendant was adamant that showers were only for FC passengers. I even walked her through the website search that showed I should get access. No dice. Very frustrating
I haven't had the opportunity to visit the FC lounge but there are definitely showers in the senator lounge. Were you denied access to the sen lounge as a *G?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by onepassaddict

The website is wrong -- the showers are in the SEN lounge at JFK, and AFAIK Business Lounge passengers do not have access. But it's also not correct that they are only for FC passengers. SEN and *G also have access.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by polandspringuy
I haven't had the opportunity to visit the FC lounge but there are definitely showers in the senator lounge. Were you denied access to the sen lounge as a *G?
Yes, I was denied despite having and showing (i) *G status and (ii) United Club membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.