Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I was in the senator lounge JFK last week and I have to say I was quite disappointed. Surely, it's a great place to relax. But no warm food in the lounge? (and I was there for 1,5h). Just some sandwiches, chrackers etc.
And no juices...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What time of day? I've always seen warm food there (been there at 3pm, 7pm, 9pm etc)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
What time of day? I've always seen warm food there (been there at 3pm, 7pm, 9pm etc)
i can second that...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I tend to agree that there is almost always warm food available, but I have, on rare occasion, seen the lounge without warm food VERY early in the day before the staff had a chance to set it up (e.g., if one arrives very early in the afternoon, just after opening), and sometimes there is not much warm on offer, but I think I have always seen something.

OTOH, I can not think of a time when there was no juice.

They must have been having a really bad day the day the OP was there. If you experience the problem again, try asking. I find the staff in JFK can be pretty accommodating. I once made a joke about no peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and they went back and made me one.

My personal experience is that the JFK SEN lounge is among the better non-hub lounges in the LH system, but I am only there about a dozen times per year.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum

I've been there very early when there's been no hot food. My impression was that the hot food comes out around 5 or 6 pm.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Hmm... I've always been there just before the MUC (411?) flight left, and they had warm food.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
JFK F Lounge T1 "Wining and Dining"

What is the access policy for guests for the F lounge at JFK? The access page is pretty unclear. If I'm flying LH F, can a companion who's flying OS C come with me or only to the Sen portion?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dparkinson
What is the access policy for guests for the F lounge at JFK? The access page is pretty unclear. If I'm flying LH F, can a companion who's flying OS C come with me or only to the Sen portion?
Usually the companion needs to be on the same flight as you......that applies for all of the lounges (C, SEN or F)......
JFK staff is wonderful and if you play your cards right they might make an exception and allow your companion to join you on the 3rd level (again if they play by the rules since your companion is not flying to MUC or FRA w you they might not allow him)

Last edited by divjan; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:55 pm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: united mp
google is your friend: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:45 am

The F level attendant is very particular about checking if you are allowed to be there. She has a clipboard with a list of name of HON/F pax for that day and looks you up. When I got an op-up to F and moved a level up, she got all worked up because I wasn't on the list, took my my BP and called the front desk to check. So do make sure the front desk is OK with it (Mainly because DO&Co will charge OS or LH for the services rendered)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by divjan
Usually the companion needs to be on the same flight as you......that applies for all of the lounges (C, SEN or F)......
This is not correct for Business and SEN lounges. According to the lounge access rules:

"To access Senator and Business Class Lounges travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa / Star Alliance flight. Companions must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them."
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Would you say the food is at the quality level of FRA/MUC FCLs where it's far superior to anything found in the air or is it the same quality as the food on the plane or somewhere in between? I was sick when I flew last so my palate was way off.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Would you say the food is at the quality level of FRA/MUC FCLs where it's far superior to anything found in the air or is it the same quality as the food on the plane or somewhere in between? I was sick when I flew last so my palate was way off.
I would say the food was the quality level of the FRA/MUC FCLs based on my visits last year.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I would say the food was the quality level of the FRA/MUC FCLs based on my visits last year.
+1

It is also a relatively small area, and quiet, it that is important to you.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Unless things have changed recently catering is by Do & Co, which also caters the FRA FCT/FCLs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.