Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
+1.

it is in some ways amazing to me that there is actually a facility somewhere in a US airport that is nearly universally praised by the contributors in this forum.

Perhaps there is still hope for the world...
Also the very kind woman at ORD who handles HON/F passengers is very good. The RCC or IFL not so good- but that isn't (quite) LH fault. I have had this team ember meet me at connecting flights (inbound on UA metal connecting to LH) to make sure everything is OK. ORD LH staff also deserve a big hands up.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
+1.

it is in some ways amazing to me that there is actually a facility somewhere in a US airport that is nearly universally praised by the contributors in this forum.

Perhaps there is still hope for the world...
IAD and DTW LH lounges are also universally praised, especially by UA*Gs
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Not that one would want to but could an LH F pax go to the FC section of the LX Lounge @ T4?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Not that one would want to but could an LH F pax go to the FC section of the LX Lounge @ T4?
I think technically yes since the lounge is not airside.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
so here's the balcony in question for those who aren't familiar with the layout of the lounge...

...and here is the F dining area up on the balcony...

...and this is the buffet table...

There is also a small cocktail/bar area (not pictured, but it is behind and to the left of this view of the buffet table). This buffet table stands basically between the two people shown on the balcony in the picture posted above by NewbieRunner.

(edit: the door in the background leads to the infamous stairs described in post #12)

Last edited by N1003U; Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
(edit: the door in the background leads to the infamous stairs described in post #12)
And it is wiiiiiiiide open

Here's a complete review of the F part of the lounge: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19488501-post16.html

And a video review (the JFK F part starts at 09:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_r43T4XPuA
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum
Senator Lounge, JFK : opening hours query

Hi

I am booked to fly JFK to FRA on LH on a 23:20 departure but the Lufthansa site says the lounge at JFK is only open until 21:30. Does it really close that far in advance of that flight? Anyone have any experience of something different to that?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StefanVonWochen
Hi

I am booked to fly JFK to FRA on LH on a 23:20 departure but the Lufthansa site says the lounge at JFK is only open until 21:30. Does it really close that far in advance of that flight? Anyone have any experience of something different to that?
I cannot recall the lounge closing ever prior to flight boarding (last flight of the night that is).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I cannot recall the lounge closing ever prior to flight boarding (last flight of the night that is).
+1. The lounge will stay open until LH405 boards...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum
Thank you for the information.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Will check this out again on upcoming Sunday.
Anyone in the SEN lounge then?
Old May 9, 2013, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

does anyone have an idea what happened with JFK FC area catering? why did they decide to drop Do&Co? Just comparing visits from Aug/Oct/Dec 2012 and Jan/Mar/Apr 2013 the food and drink selection has deteriorated significantly. I think Jan 2013 was the first time I noticed a decline.

Shame that Do&Co was dropped...with OS and TK presence in T1 I thought it was a good match
may be they needed the money to hire more useless PA's for LH F pax.....
Old May 9, 2013, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH tendered all their FCL/T catering for bid last year and the change went into effect earlier this year. It seems Do&Co bid to keep Germany but lost a bit of revenue. I don't know if they lost JFK.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Yes, Do&Co lost JFK. I spoke with the manager the last time I was there and told him that I thought the food was significantly worse. He confirmed that the company responsible had changed (I can't recall the name of the new contractor, unfortunately).

I also told him it was a shame that they'd switched to a non-German Pinot Noir (i.e. Spätburgunder).

He said they were working on it and would try to get the German wines back.

Overall, I think the service has declined... They seem only to have about 4 clean bath towels per day -- I was reduced to drying myself with a washcloth when I was there a few weeks ago.

It seems crazy to me to make a huge investment in the physical aspects of the lounge and then drop the ball on the food and amenities for what must be a (relatively speaking) minor savings...
Old May 9, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Sorry, I know you were talking about the F lounge, but presumably the same company does the catering for the entire facility. My comments about wine related to the SEN lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.