Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They usually ask everyone in the SEN lounge to leave and go downstairs to the FTL/C section when the late FRA flight leaves at 10pm. It seems they are contracted for another airline to provide service till about midnight. If you are eligible to enter you can stay till they close.
Right.

tya--it sounds like you're coming from outside the airport and not connecting. If that's true, I wouldn't rush to the airport to experience the FTL section of the lounge. Party in NYC as late as you can and then enjoy no traffic on the way to JFK .
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold, TK Elite, AB Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz 5* and former many things
Concerning the SEN lounge.
This lounge is definitely not closing at 9.30 pm contrary to what the star alliance website mentions.
Regarding the food: crackers/chips and fruits on the left, salad bar and some sandwiches in the middle, and hot meals (rice, pasta, meatballs, chicken) + 2 choices of soups.
Drinks: Self service for the soft drinks, and bar for the rest
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I will be flying out JFK T1 on a 2am flight,
on a Star Alliance flight?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Nick9251
Concerning the SEN lounge.
This lounge is definitely not closing at 9.30 pm contrary to what the star alliance website mentions.
Regarding the food: crackers/chips and fruits on the left, salad bar and some sandwiches in the middle, and hot meals (rice, pasta, meatballs, chicken) + 2 choices of soups.
Drinks: Self service for the soft drinks, and bar for the rest
I have never seen the SEN lounge close before LH405 calls boarding, which currently departs at 22:20 (thus boarding call around 21:45 or so), and later if there are delays.

As oliver2002 points out, sometimes the lounge staff will request remaining pax to retire to the C lounge.

As NYC1 points out, if one is on a late flight ex-JFK, there are typically much better options off-airport to eat/drink before boarding time...
Old May 24, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Using LH Lounges While Flying LX

Hi. I have extra time at JFK, departing in LX first class. Assuming I want to trek to Terminal 1 and go through security, will I have access to the Wining & Dining first class area in the LH lounges?

It seems like all the threads addressing this were written before you could access any terminal you want with a same day ticket at that airport, which the TSA now allows.

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Hi. I have extra time at JFK, departing in LX first class. Assuming I want to trek to Terminal 1 and go through security, will I have access to the Wining & Dining first class area in the LH lounges?

It seems like all the threads addressing this were written before you could access any terminal you want with a same day ticket at that airport, which the TSA now allows.

Thanks!
Don't waste your time, especially with sxxxshow that TSA has been putting on recently. They will not allow you to go through security unless you are flying T1 airlines.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by divjan
Don't waste your time, especially with sxxxshow that TSA has been putting on recently. They will not allow you to go through security unless you are flying T1 airlines.
Thank you for the advice, but I'm actually looking for the answer to a specific question. If I'm standing at the door of the LH lounge, will I have access to the F area on my LX ticket?

Thanks again
Old May 25, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice, but I'm actually looking for the answer to a specific question. If I'm standing at the door of the LH lounge, will I have access to the F area on my LX ticket?

Thanks again
You will NOT make it passed security, same issue with the use of the LH lounges upon arrival

IF you do make it with a LX BP passed T1 security it is at the discretion of the lounge staff, your name will not be on their list of expected guests for the dining F section, again I dont know how they will interpret the access rules at outstation

Please do follow up if you had luck with this
Old May 25, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by divjan
You will NOT make it passed security, same issue with the use of the LH lounges upon arrival

IF you do make it with a LX BP passed T1 security it is at the discretion of the lounge staff, your name will not be on their list of expected guests for the dining F section, again I dont know how they will interpret the access rules at outstation

Please do follow up if you had luck with this
Will certainly follow up.

I've personally used terminals at LAX and SFO with boarding passes for different terminals, which has been allowed for a couple years now. So I'm not sure why you are so positive this is not allowed at JFK when it is allowed at numerous other major airports. And I could also buy a refundable ticket. Again not a big deal.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Will certainly follow up.

I've personally used terminals at LAX and SFO with boarding passes for different terminals, which has been allowed for a couple years now. So I'm not sure why you are so positive this is not allowed at JFK when it is allowed at numerous other major airports. And I could also buy a refundable ticket. Again not a big deal.
I hear you, just let us know if you were successful
The LH First Wine& Dine section is much better than what LX offers for sure
Good luck and Safe travels!!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Question

Greetings,

Does the JFK lounge complex have a family / companion care restroom?

Or,

Do the shower rooms have toilet facilities?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes & yes.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
opening hours wine and dine?

What time does the JFK first section wine and dine open, still 1400 or is it earlier?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes & yes.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
What time does the JFK first section wine and dine open, still 1400 or is it earlier?
Yes, 14:00. It also takes a while for the courses to be prepared and served if you’re going for a full meal, so if you’re on LH401 and were contemplating relaxing/having a drink/working at the bar/lounge area, consider sitting down to eat first and going to the bar/lounge area after the meal as opposed to vice versa because you may run out of time considering the early boarding calls.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:48 am

Star alliance site shows showers only at the Senator lounge (not at the LH Business), is that right?
Flying out on CA at 2am, and was hoping to use a shower first. Likely past security after midnight. Looks like Senators is closed by then? Is there still shower access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.