Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by NYC1
That’s a good question. I guess you could say something to the people manning the desk at the entrance (the people on the floor are waitstaff and couldn’t really do anything). I don’t think I have gotten a post-flight email survey after one of these flights. I am pretty sure this is purely a budgetary matter where costs were significantly cut so the ingredients are crap.

I can picture someone saying “Our budget for the F lounge in T1 was X and our budget for the F lounge in T4 was Y. Now that we don’t have T4 and we’re reopening the F lounge at T1, let’s continue to spend X for T1 even though there are going to be at least twice (?) as many F/HONs on the third floor. Just get cheaper stuff and make it work and we saved Y.”

Genius.
I am not sure this is directly related (and I have no idea about the timeline), but I think LH is planning a new lounge at JFK. There was a dedicated project at the innovation hub some time ago. Perhaps with that in mind they just don’t care as much about the here and now?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
That’s a good question. I guess you could say something to the people manning the desk at the entrance (the people on the floor are waitstaff and couldn’t really do anything). I don’t think I have gotten a post-flight email survey after one of these flights. I am pretty sure this is purely a budgetary matter where costs were significantly cut so the ingredients are crap.

I can picture someone saying “Our budget for the F lounge in T1 was X and our budget for the F lounge in T4 was Y. Now that we don’t have T4 and we’re reopening the F lounge at T1, let’s continue to spend X for T1 even though there are going to be at least twice (?) as many F/HONs on the third floor. Just get cheaper stuff and make it work and we saved Y.”

Genius.
Seems like they just cut corners everywhere (also FCT) until they feel they cannot get away with it anymore and then introduce "improvements" step by step again. People should complain to customer service, particularly HONs and those on expensive tickets, rather than at the lounge.
Jensens and chris63 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Jensens
I am not sure this is directly related (and I have no idea about the timeline), but I think LH is planning a new lounge at JFK. There was a dedicated project at the innovation hub some time ago. Perhaps with that in mind they just don’t care as much about the here and now?
I took part in the project and would see why they wouldn't by new paintings do redecorate the walls of the lounge at T1, but food and beverage? The new lounge is years away.
Jensens, chris63 and pdeut like this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Jensens
There's going to be a huge new Terminal One at JFK in a few years which will replace the existing T1 and several adjacent terminals. This is not scheduled to open until 2026 and will expand in phases. I cannot imagine that anything will change physically in the existing LH lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:54 pm

Hi NYC1,

That is not correct AFAIK LH group airlines will move out to new Terminal One to to a new a Terminal 5 or 6 - whatever it will be called.

Lukas
pdeut likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 5:57 am

There's going to be a huge new Terminal One at JFK in a few years which will replace the existing T1 and several adjacent terminals. This is not scheduled to open until 2026 and will expand in phases. I cannot imagine that anything will change physically in the existing LH lounge.
I don’t need them to make physical changes to the lounge, just to serve decent f&b.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by LukasNied
Hi NYC1,

That is not correct AFAIK LH group airlines will move out to new Terminal One to to a new a Terminal 5 or 6 - whatever it will be called.

Lukas
It’s still unclear whether LH will be in the new Terminal 1 or the new Terminal 6. Either way, the existing T1 will be torn down and LH will move to a new space. For what it’s worth, LOT is an anchor tenant in the new terminal 1.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I don’t need them to make physical changes to the lounge, just to serve decent f&b.
Agreed. My reply was in response to a point about them not changing anything because of the impending move.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 7:44 am

Agreed. My reply was in response to a point about them not changing anything because of the impending move.

I will have about 2-3 hours at T1 later this month and then let LH know, if the quality is really so much worse than it used to be. Could pick up a slice of pizza at the TK lounge and carry it over to the LH F-section to enjoy it there with a drink
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:24 pm

I will have about 2-3 hours at T1 later this month and then let LH know, if the quality is really so much worse than it used to be. Could pick up a slice of pizza at the TK lounge and carry it over to the LH F-section to enjoy it there with a drink
The food at the TK lounge is better than anything at the LH lounge (3rd floor or otherwise), that's for sure.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:27 pm

The food at the TK lounge is better than anything at the LH lounge (3rd floor or otherwise), that's for sure.
If that’s the case, LH is in deep trouble.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 3:30 pm

If that’s the case, LH is in deep trouble.
Unfortunately, it’s the pax’s problem. LH doesn’t care. They’ve been serving slop in that lounge for several years without an apparent hitch.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 3:39 pm

Unfortunately, it’s the pax’s problem. LH doesn’t care. They’ve been serving slop in that lounge for several years without an apparent hitch.
Don’t know why people never complain, but I will. It’s wining and dining after all.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:14 am

I just came across a video of the TK Lounge and the hot food looks terrible: steamed prev frozen veggies of the cheapest kind, deep fried chicken nuggets/fingers and instant mash from a packet. The food at the LH Lounge cannot be worse and still legal

To be honest, even the food at the SEN level of the LH JFK lounge looked better (pre-pandemic) to me than what TK serves (in the video).
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Don’t know why people never complain, but I will. It’s whining and dining after all.
Fixed it for you
chris63 and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.