Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by demue
Darn, thanks for confirming. Too bad. Ohh well, two one-ways with one from LH M&M and one from SQ KF then as no need for RT and more flexibility (aside from double cancellation fees). At least no YQ for SQ flights using M&M.
If I were in your shoes I'd consider a one-way revenue ticket DPS-SIN. I had to do the same thing because I couldn't get this segment included in an award ticket and I got tickets for me and my family on KL costing us roughly €80 per person. Of course, there are a plethora of options to chose from on this segment.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks, I live in SIN and just trying to optimize my back and forth trips to Bali by combining them with other long haul flights in Biz due to same mileage requirements, e.g. start in DPS via SIN vs. start in SIN costs same mileage. I got a way via KrisFlyer, just those miles are more precious.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: LH FT
First time in First, I have enough miles for one-way. Was thinking FRA-SIN or SIN-FRA, any pros and cons ? Initially I wanted FRA-SIN, but SIN-FRA seems a bit easier to get.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by mcfly22
First time in First, I have enough miles for one-way. Was thinking FRA-SIN or SIN-FRA, any pros and cons ? Initially I wanted FRA-SIN, but SIN-FRA seems a bit easier to get.
I would take FRA-SIN so that you could enjoy the FCT beforehand. Maybe maximise with a bounce to ZRH to try out the E FCL.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Are you specifically wanting to go to SIN ? If not try HKG with a lot less in taxes & fees
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: LH FT
Yeah, I prefer SIN over HKG I forgot to mention that I will start (or end) somewhere else in Europe, with a layover of couple hours to try FCL/T, so it will be XXX-FRA-SIN or SIN-FRA-XXX, so another + for that routing is that I will get access to SQ FCL in SIN, right ? Another + would be that flight time is ~1 hour longer :P
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:17 am

Yeah, I prefer SIN over HKG I forgot to mention that I will start (or end) somewhere else in Europe, with a layover of couple hours to try FCL/T, so it will be XXX-FRA-SIN or SIN-FRA-XXX, so another + for that routing is that I will get access to SQ FCL in SIN, right ? Another + would be that flight time is ~1 hour longer :P
I don't think flying LH F gives you access to the TPR in SIN, but you might want to check the SQ forum for that. ZRH - FRA - SIN is the way to go imho
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I don't think flying LH F gives you access to the TPR in SIN, but you might want to check the SQ forum for that. ZRH - FRA - SIN is the way to go imho
With a LH F ticket, you cannot access TPR in SIN, only the F section of the SilverKris Lounge, which is decent, but no comparison to the FCT in FRA or the TPR in SIN.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For a couple of days I have been trying to book some award flights using the LH M&M website and after logging into my account and going through all the motions it fails. I keep getting the following error " An error occurred servicing your request." after I selected the flight / flights I want and trying to go to the "shopping basket / warenkorb". I tried Chrome in normal and Incognito modes and same for Edge browser, but same issue. It also doesn't just seem to be certain flights, but rather any flights I select (LH, LX, SQ / Y, C). Lastly I tried different computers, again to no avail.

Anyone has similar issues or are there some known issues / incompatibilities. Happened for last few days already.

Last edited by demue; Nov 18, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:41 am

Same situation in my case. I'm in a middle of creation of RTW itinerary and each time I have to call them in order to book an award, even if it's simple route which normally shouldn't involve getting in contact with call centre
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:44 pm

Thanks, so not just an isolated issue. May be linked to all the supposed upgrades to the website done a few weeks ago. I also constantly get captcha and that message that they are checking the browser for Java engine or something like that.

I guess one has to be grateful that at least it pulls up availability and then use that info to call and book.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks, so not just an isolated issue. May be linked to all the supposed upgrades to the website done a few weeks ago. I also constantly get captcha and that message that they are checking the browser for Java engine or something like that.

I guess one has to be grateful that at least it pulls up availability and then use that info to call and book.
Booking function is not working for me either, I had to call the HON line, they said it’s not working & that’s keeping them busy.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:00 am

Yup, I had to call too and then it took about 40mins to complete as her system froze once before finishing the booking. Also, especially with OS, I could see certain flight availability that the agent couldn't or I saw 2 seats and she saw one.

Of course, the explanation given was that someone must have just booked the seat. Though me refreshing the search and telling her that I still see both seats threw her off
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:11 am

Yup, I had to call too and then it took about 40mins to complete as her system froze once before finishing the booking. Also, especially with OS, I could see certain flight availability that the agent couldn't or I saw 2 seats and she saw one.

Of course, the explanation given was that someone must have just booked the seat. Though me refreshing the search and telling her that I still see both seats threw her off
I have the same issue occasionaly. It seems that agents in different continents see different availability. Just call the US number (or the German number) instead.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I have the same issue occasionaly. It seems that agents in different continents see different availability. Just call the US number (or the German number) instead.
Ahh thanks for the pointer. I called the Singapore office and think I got someone in the Philippines maybe, at least the person spoke English with a distinct Filipino accent.

In the end I have to be grateful for OS option not working out (I needed OS25/26 - the BKK flight is always in demand) and instead grabbing two SQ Biz seats to MXP and also SQ return from AMS. Saved a ton of YQ . Booked 350 days out so there was some select SQ availability on secondary routes (nothing on FRA, MUC, LHR, etc.). Will post my redemption in the other thread later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.