Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See if you can make contact with QR and ask about the interline, then get someone to make a comment in your PNR, if its there, they are unlikely to refuse it.

Amusingly one of the QR call centre's is in PL- KRK!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:31 am

Hi,

I am flying Krakow to Gdansk via Warsaw on 10th December with LOT on two separate tickets. I have a connection time of 1h15 and will also have a bag to check in. Do you think the connection time is do-able? I have flown in to Warsaw Chopin before but this is the first time I am doing a connecting flight.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :-)

Phil
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The connection is fine. Unfortunately LOT are not the most cooperative when it comes to separate tickets. I believe Comrade G regularly flies on separate tickets, perhaps he can give you some advice.

If this is a TA ticket I might see if I could get some comments put in the GDN PNR that you’re inbound from KRK.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
On separate tickets? In winter?

I would defintitely not do it. Even in best of best cases you have only about 30-45 minutes to get your bag and check it in again.
Besides, 1h 15 is quite fine for transfer in good circumstances including a lounge visit, but in December, you run a risk of weather delays.

At very least, I would buy another later connection to Gdansk as backup, or just fly the direct evening flight, if you don't want to / can't get a single ticket (which includes transfer protection)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I missed the part where the OP wrote he had a bag.

Anyway, LOT are pretty good at checking bags through on such tickets.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:15 am

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

I have decided to travel with just hand luggage to save me some time. As I will have checked in online for my flight, will I be able to continue on to my next flight to Gdansk through connections or will I have to leave and go back through security?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:09 am

*Duplicated comment deleted*

Last edited by TravellerPhil; Sep 17, 2019 at 12:34 am Reason: Duplicated comment
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by TravellerPhil
Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

I have decided to travel with just hand luggage to save me some time. As I will have checked in online for my flight, will I be able to continue on to my next flight to Gdansk through connections or will I have to leave and go back through security?
You'll most likely be taken by bus from a remote stand and dropped off in the transfer area where you can go directly to the onward flight, no additional security.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
its a while since I transited WAW,

coming in from LHR, connecting onto a domestic flight, do I reclear security?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
its a while since I transited WAW,

coming in from LHR, connecting onto a domestic flight, do I reclear security?
Yes, you'll have to clear security.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by megaloman
Yes, you'll have to clear security.
thanks, thats what I thought. might stick my carry on in the hold on the way back.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:42 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
thanks, thats what I thought. might stick my carry on in the hold on the way back.
Immigration and security, not just security. If security lines are very long, you might consider leaving the secure area and using Gold Track that is almost always fairly empty. Just be aware that you will have to go downstairs, through Customs, then upstairs to departures - Gold Track is next to LO C-class check-in counters.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Based on the thread above, it appears that connections in WAW might be tight, on different PNRs -- but I'm asking to be certain:

KBP-WAW Arrive at 15:25 February 4 (LOT Embraer 195)
WAW-CPH Depart at 17:30 February 4 (LOT Embraer 195)

Any info would be appreciated!

Last edited by YEGcg; Nov 25, 2019 at 7:07 pm Reason: added date
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by YEGcg
Based on the thread above, it appears that connections in WAW might be tight, on different PNRs -- but I'm asking to be certain:

2 hours you should be OK, especially if you are HBO.

The unknown at this time of year is any impact the weather could have.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YEGcg

Since you don’t have a connection, a missed flight would mean buying a new ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.