Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Old Aug 22, 19, 2:21 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar, Air NZ, BA, Virgin
thanks for that info - much appreciated. Now that i know QR pay for a gate, and the point about interlining, im a bit more confident on the short transfer time being doable. I have a gazzillion avios points that i never seem to be able to use, so as a hedge I may use them to pay for the BA flight later on, so if i don't need the BA flight its not money from my back pocket being lost. But at least i have a back up flight there ready if needed.. Thanks again!
Old Aug 22, 19, 10:31 am

See if you can make contact with QR and ask about the interline, then get someone to make a comment in your PNR, if its there, they are unlikely to refuse it.

Amusingly one of the QR call centre's is in PL- KRK!
Old Sep 12, 19, 6:31 am

Hi,

I am flying Krakow to Gdansk via Warsaw on 10th December with LOT on two separate tickets. I have a connection time of 1h15 and will also have a bag to check in. Do you think the connection time is do-able? I have flown in to Warsaw Chopin before but this is the first time I am doing a connecting flight.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :-)

Phil
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:08 am

The connection is fine. Unfortunately LOT are not the most cooperative when it comes to separate tickets. I believe Comrade G regularly flies on separate tickets, perhaps he can give you some advice.

If this is a TA ticket I might see if I could get some comments put in the GDN PNR that you’re inbound from KRK.
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
On separate tickets? In winter?

I would defintitely not do it. Even in best of best cases you have only about 30-45 minutes to get your bag and check it in again.
Besides, 1h 15 is quite fine for transfer in good circumstances including a lounge visit, but in December, you run a risk of weather delays.

At very least, I would buy another later connection to Gdansk as backup, or just fly the direct evening flight, if you don't want to / can't get a single ticket (which includes transfer protection)
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:20 am

Oh, I missed the part where the OP wrote he had a bag.

Anyway, LOT are pretty good at checking bags through on such tickets.
Old Sep 15, 19, 5:15 am

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

I have decided to travel with just hand luggage to save me some time. As I will have checked in online for my flight, will I be able to continue on to my next flight to Gdansk through connections or will I have to leave and go back through security?
Old Sep 15, 19, 8:09 am

*Duplicated comment deleted*

Last edited by TravellerPhil; Sep 17, 19 at 12:34 am Reason: Duplicated comment
Old Sep 17, 19, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by TravellerPhil View Post
Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

I have decided to travel with just hand luggage to save me some time. As I will have checked in online for my flight, will I be able to continue on to my next flight to Gdansk through connections or will I have to leave and go back through security?
You'll most likely be taken by bus from a remote stand and dropped off in the transfer area where you can go directly to the onward flight, no additional security.

Search this Thread