Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Concerto
But I wouldn't be coming from the UK, I would actually originate in Germany. Thanks very much, though, for having given this some thought.
There's no immigration check at Warsaw airport when arriving from Germany.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there any truth to the story that SG are meeting Schengen flights to verify quarantine?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Is there any truth to the story that SG are meeting Schengen flights to verify quarantine?
I'll have a few hours to kill at WAW, so will wander around to see if Straż Graniczna does any checks on arrivals.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, but I have decided not to do the LOT routing this time. Quite a few senior posters here and in other forums have indicated that we should concentrate on direct flights at the moment, even if they are more dear, because with all the changes and cancellations even the least complicated connecting itinerary could turn into a nightmare.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:32 am

LH1348 arriving pax were sent directly to the arrivals, couldn't see any Straż Graniczna officers though and gate agent said he wasn't aware of any SG checks for pax arriving from Germany.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Originally Posted by megaloman
LH1348 arriving pax were sent directly to the arrivals, couldn't see any Straż Graniczna officers though and gate agent said he wasn't aware of any SG checks for pax arriving from Germany.
Oh! And I thought SG was Steuer und Gebühren!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Oh! And I thought SG was Steuer und Gebühren!
Trying to decipher Hugolover's acronyms and code words might be the only thing that's stopped me from descending into senility by now.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I play lots of music with my official pianist job (so much for conducting these days) and I'm hoping that's going keep me from senility.

But you know what I used to do to send me to sleep? I used to read a paper Korean Air timetable in Korean, not speaking Korean at all, and try and decipher all the places and connections. It really worked, it sent me to sleep!
fifty_two likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:36 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, but I have decided not to do the LOT routing this time. Quite a few senior posters here and in other forums have indicated that we should concentrate on direct flights at the moment, even if they are more dear, because with all the changes and cancellations even the least complicated connecting itinerary could turn into a nightmare.
Dear Concerto (love your signature!),

I'd second that. I had a nightmare trying to navigate connections flying from Gdańsk to Rome a few months ago as single legs were cancelled often and guards at differing airports not up-to-date of transiting regulations (as they too change daily). So, where possible, the least connections, the better.

P.S. I do wonder how many professional musicians are on FlyerTalk!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your trip is fine, DE-WAW-ZRH, you obviously have a residence permit for CH as you live there, you are free to transit CH via WAW. I'd expect zero hassle and you can always pull out your CH docs. In terms of quarantine, it begins the next day anyway, that's the law, check the Gazette. Again, no issue.

Another thread says you can stay in a hotel if you provide the itinerary at checkin- I doubt its requested other than a declaration. Try the Mokotow Hampton or Four Points.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maestro1981
Dear Concerto (love your signature!),

I'd second that. I had a nightmare trying to navigate connections flying from Gdańsk to Rome a few months ago as single legs were cancelled often and guards at differing airports not up-to-date of transiting regulations (as they too change daily). So, where possible, the least connections, the better.

P.S. I do wonder how many professional musicians are on FlyerTalk!
I don't like my signature! I thought I had made a mistake not long after I created it. Should have chosen fingermouse, or Spidermonkey!
Really, it seems easier just to not travel at the moment, or avoid any form of one or multiple stop itinerary.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I verified that it's possible to stay overnight on a connection, as long as you're a foreigner or a Pole with overseas residency, eg residents card, foreign passport (in which case why offer the Polish one at CI).
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:52 pm

Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen transfer

I'm a US citizen booked on JFK-WAW-SKP and back later this month, but the guidance on whether Poland permits transit passengers not otherwise allowed to enter Poland is unclear so I'm worried I will be denied boarding in JFK on the outbound or SKP on the return. Is it still possible to connect from a non-Schengen to non-Schengen flight at WAW without passing through passport control these days? Any insights?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yes - no issues - once you arrive please follow the non-Schengen signs to clear security and you are done. LOT non-Schengen lounge should reopen on July 1 (unconfirmed rumors) but the Airport Authorities lounge (Priority Pass etc.) is already open (I think daily till 6 pm). Do not worry - LOT carries lots of transit passengers to Eastern/Southern Europe, so they know how to handle stuff...
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Non-Schengen Mazurek is already open since 01 JUN. It's the Elite lounge within Polonez that might open 01 JUL.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.