Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

How do they work out that layover duration?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
How do they work out that layover duration?
Maybe they already know KRK flight will be late due to ATC (fairly common these days)
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:38 pm

GDN-WAW-TBS with a 40min connection. Will be checking bags in GDN, but all one ticket. Connection is also late at night (9:30pm).

From reading up on this, seems doable?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by partsunknown
GDN-WAW-TBS with a 40min connection. Will be checking bags in GDN, but all one ticket. Connection is also late at night (9:30pm).

From reading up on this, seems doable?
certainly doable, even with a small delay to the inbound
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes absolutely because WAW-TBS is never on time. You’ve got a better chance to be hit by lightning.
TPJ likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Seems based on some posts above, I will be OK...but since I haven't been on LOT previously, nor transited WAW, just want to make sure.
Award reservation, both segments in Business Class. Star gold, if that makes any difference.

Tuesday Mid-September.
LO 352 MUC->WAW 9:55AM - 11:30AM
50 minute connection time
LO 1 WAW->ORD 12:20PM - 3:20PM

How stressed should I be for the 50 min connection based on current ops?

Bonus (off topic) points: I can pull up my reservation on LOT website, but don't see a way to select seats. Any way to do that?

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It will be fine, LO1 is never on time for a myriad of reasons

Try Flysas.com
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hugolover

Try Flysas.com
Thanks for the reassurance.
I saw the posts about using SAS, but isn't working for my reservation for some reason. I will try to phone today and get assigned.

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Seems based on some posts above, I will be OK...but since I haven't been on LOT previously, nor transited WAW, just want to make sure.
Award reservation, both segments in Business Class. Star gold, if that makes any difference.

Tuesday Mid-September.
LO 352 MUC->WAW 9:55AM - 11:30AM
50 minute connection time
LO 1 WAW->ORD 12:20PM - 3:20PM

How stressed should I be for the 50 min connection based on current ops?

Bonus (off topic) points: I can pull up my reservation on LOT website, but don't see a way to select seats. Any way to do that?

Thanks.

Try Flysas.com
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the reassurance.
I saw the posts about using SAS, but isn't working for my reservation for some reason. I will try to phone today and get assigned.

Cheers.
Reporting back. Transit went fine. Arrived at a remote stand and bussed to the terminal, which took a bit of time, but still made the connection without any issue.

Calling for seat assignments was also very easy. Answered promptly and took care of it quickly.

Enjoyed the flight, so probably taking them TATL again in December.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
A data point from me. I did TIA-WAW-LHR a couple of days ago with a 35 minute connection. We were bussed from the aircraft which slowed things a bit, but I still had time to visit the duty free and check some emails before boarding the LHR flight.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveS
A data point from me. I did TIA-WAW-LHR a couple of days ago with a 35 minute connection. We were bussed from the aircraft which slowed things a bit, but I still had time to visit the duty free and check some emails before boarding the LHR flight.
Did LHR board late?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Did LHR board late?
No, but boarding was very slow because of the hand luggage, so we did depart 15 minutes late. The TIA flight came in a few minutes early but it took some time for them to find some steps. The non-Schengen route was empty, as was the transit security so no delays there and not far to walk.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:09 am

I have a 4 hour 10 minute layover coming up transiting LAX-WAW-TBS in J (18:45-22:55). Assuming I were insane enough to go through immigration to step out in the city for an hour or so, what time would I need to be back at the airport to safely clear immigration/security (Fast Track, assuming it is operating)? Obviously, if my inbound flight is late or the immigration line is backed up, I will likely just stay airside and head to the lounge. I just want to know what my options are in advance.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by downinit
I have a 4 hour 10 minute layover coming up transiting LAX-WAW-TBS in J (18:45-22:55). Assuming I were insane enough to go through immigration to step out in the city for an hour or so, what time would I need to be back at the airport to safely clear immigration/security (Fast Track, assuming it is operating)? Obviously, if my inbound flight is late or the immigration line is backed up, I will likely just stay airside and head to the lounge. I just want to know what my options are in advance.
My experience with fast track is that it's almost always very smooth at WAW. For Schengen gates it's never more than 15 minutes from entering the airport to the gate. I once managed to get from bus to lounge in 4 minutes.

The issue is immigration. As you are leaving to non-Schengen destination, you will need to clear it and it's hit and miss.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. If you were connecting to Schengen, maybe, but to non-Schengen it seems too risky to me.
​​​​
downinit likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It just depends what time your flight lands from
LAX, they seem to be often late. Your issue is the time to enter Poland at the border. Most ex-WAW pax to non-Schengen are well cleared and airside by 10PM. You could be airside by 10:15-10:20 and be fine. LO flights close 15 mins before departure and TBS is regularly late closing.

Worst case scenario is you “pointlessly” clear the border to Schengen and then use the Elite lounge.
downinit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.