Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by chanster
Question: Wife and I are looking at a ticket from ATH to ORD. ATH to WAW is on Aegean and there is 1.25 hour connection for the WAW-ORD on LOT. Will that be enough ttime to get luggage and recheck luggage and go through security again? Never done this before. Thanks
I am assuming you are intending to book 2 separate tickets? If so, this would be a fairly risk arrangement, mostly given that you will be connecting to a long-haul flight. In normal circumstances (i.e. all being well, on-time arrival etc.), you would be out in the baggage hall in less than 5 minutes, you would then need to go upstairs and check-in for your next flight (again, less than 5 minutes from the moment you collect your bags), bearing in mind that security could get busy at times (especially in case you have no priority as a frequent flyer, Star Alliance in this particular scenario). In short: a minor delay would seriously compromise your DYI (if that's the case) connection and even an on-time arrival could put unnecessary stress to your travel arrangements as a whole. If, instead, you are intending to book the above itinerary under one single PNR, you would not only be given alternative solutions (in case you miss your ORD flight) but you could simply check-in your luggage(s) all the way to ORD without having to collect in WAW.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Feb 26, 2018 at 11:45 am
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:49 am

Thanks for the help... Im booking through Vayama - no idea if I am getting booked as a single ticket or not.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:55 am

Thanks for the help... Im booking through Vayama - no idea if I am getting booked as a single ticket or not.
That will most likely be a single PNR (LOT/Aegean have a code-share agreement on all Athens-Warsaw-Athens services), meaning that you will be able to check-in your bags in Athens and collect in Chicago upon arrival. That will also make your connection in Warsaw as easy as it gets - a short walk to passports once you get off the plane and even some (or rather plenty of!) time to sit down for a drink before your flight to the US. Go for it and enjoy!

G
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:12 pm

Thank you so much. Booked through Vayama and everythign was charged through LOT. I assume that means I am getting one ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Thank you so much. Booked through Vayama and everythign was charged through LOT. I assume that means I am getting one ticket.
You can review your ticket on Saudia tool:

SAUDIA | Book Flights| Hotels| and Car Rental (Manage booking tab, choose e-ticket and insert your ticket number, your e-ticket will be retrieved adn you will be able to see the itinerary)
Old May 26, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: co AA ua
LO 4 connection to Prauge

Hi there in 3 weeks I am flying to Prauge from Chicago on Lot. LO4 scheduled to arrive 13:35. Connection to Prauge for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I understand I have to clear EU passport control as well as security screening. Does Chicago flight get a gate. Is lines at passport and security in prauge pretty long ? Do not expect to have long walks but probably a bus gate to prauge as this is an embarer

Also noticed LO4 is almost never on time. At least once a week it is one hour late. Shall I be concerned. Not sure what I can do right now though.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ehartal
Hi there in 3 weeks I am flying to Prauge from Chicago on Lot. LO4 scheduled to arrive 13:35. Connection to Prauge for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I understand I have to clear EU passport control as well as security screening. Does Chicago flight get a gate. Is lines at passport and security in prauge pretty long ? Do not expect to have long walks but probably a bus gate to prauge as this is an embarer

Also noticed LO4 is almost never on time. At least once a week it is one hour late. Shall I be concerned. Not sure what I can do right now though.
Hi,

Firstly there’s no reason why you should be concerned, Warsaw is arguably one of the most connection-friendly airports in Europe so, again, do not stress as there’s nothing you can do as we speak.

That said and to start with, 1:20 is plenty of time and you would still make it even with a reasonable delay coming from Chicago. Whether you will dock at a gate or not it is hard to tell (based on personal experience, I’d be inclined to say that you will but...), however you will probably be pleased to hear that 1. WAW is not FRA or AMS meaning no bus tour of the airport (30 seconds and off you go) 2. Chances are that, in case of delay, they will wait for you. In the worst case scenario (just so that you’re prepared), you will need to speak to the transfer desk located next to gate 26, they will take care of alternative arrangements to get you to Prague. Queues at passports could indeed be tedious at times but, again, I don’t see any reason why you should be concerned with 1:20 transfer time

Any doubts, please let us know.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 27, 2018 at 2:20 am
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
People who frequent WAW: How realistic is it to expect to make a one hour connection flying in from Belgrade and departing on flight 3 at to ORD at 16:45?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:20 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
People who frequent WAW: How realistic is it to expect to make a one hour connection flying in from Belgrade and departing on flight 3 at to ORD at 16:45?
You only need to clear security. Fairly realistic - LO operational performance is now quite good after a terrible summer (Trent engine problems, aircraft delivery delays etc.).
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Originally Posted by TPJ
You only need to clear security. Fairly realistic - LO operational performance is now quite good after a terrible summer (Trent engine problems, aircraft delivery delays etc.).
There wouldn't be a terminal change between arriving from Belgrade and departing to Chicago?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: A3
No, just passport control and security control.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
There is only one terminal.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:51 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by nieszprot
No, just passport control and security control.
It is non-Schengen to non-Schengen so no passport control.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:47 am

I read through most of this thread, I think I understand the procedure but am trying to assess my chances.

I will transit I->D (arriving from TLV on LO156, departing to PRG on LO521) with 45 minute connection time, single ticket, in business, hand luggage only.
Arriving on LO155, a B738, what are my chances of getting a gate (as opposed to a bus)? If it's a bus, is there special treatment of business pax?
Are lines for security long around 2:30 pm? I see two LOT widebodies landing within 10 minutes... Is there a fast track?
What about immigration? Are lines typically long? Fast track?

Thanks a lot,

Shuly
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
LOT provides a separate bus or van for J pax in WAW on bus gates. Dunno about the lines, but I think 45 should be doable (though tough)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.