Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:33 pm

Can I upgrade UA Eco Award on LH with LH e-voucher?

Hi,

I'll be on LAX-DEN-FRA and FRA-LAX via UA Award in the next couple of weeks.
DEN-FRA and FRA-LAX are operated by LH.
Can these segments be upgraded to Business using LH upgrade vouchers?

I don't have access to the account with the e-vouchers - otherwise I'd have just tried - but I'd like to confirm and not give the person an unnecessarily hard time trying to figure it out.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
A multiple no on this. Awards cannot be upgraded (the sole exception of UA awards on UA by Global Services members).

Then LH elites cannot upgrade others unless they are of the same party (this restriction is handled loosely).
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Nyswiss
..it was mentioned that this fare is not mileage upgradable but nothing was mentioned of e vouchers..
And that made you conclude that it is good for eVoucher upgrades .... how?

If you were told that the car didn't start in the morning it doesn't follow that it will start in the evening.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
P has been excluded from upgrades since nearly day one.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LX P can still be upgraded. ^
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Nyswiss
I'm rejoining this forum and excited to be back. I'm a Senator and tried to upgrade a p business class to first and miles and more told me that this is not an upgradable fare. Under fare conditions it was mentioned that this fare is not mileage upgradable but nothing was mentioned of e vouchers. I was told to write Miles & More but haven't heard back. Please advise how to escalate. Any advice is appreciated
Welcome back!

No escalation is necessary as what you were told is correct.

You may find this helpful:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...1404521475.pdf

Upgrades with LH are not possible from booking classes P and Z. With LX, upgrades from booking classes P and Z are possible for a surcharge of 20,000 award miles; on SQ ights operated with Airbus A380 aircraft, upgrades to Suite Class are not available.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:00 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Is LH Z upgradable with e-vouchers?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:04 am

Nope.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:14 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I figured/feared as much. Thanks Lack.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
I found the E-Vouchers or Milage Upgrades on LH quite useless. I could book C/F fares at the same price LH offers an upgradable fare - without the fear of not getting an upgrade.

The only exception is LX, where you still can cash in E-Voucers for P/Z fares.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:06 am

Mileage upgrades prices suck, but I suppose they have their use for tickets bought by someone else.
As you can't book an award ticket with e-vouchers I think the upgrade future is quite useful (even if restricted) :-)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Can I be 100% certain of an upgrade being available (for e-vouchers) from econ to biz before booking a ticket to SIN?

I need to book a return ticket but need to know whether I can burn those vouchers this way, otherwise I would prefer to book with another airline due to better flight connections from where I currently am.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by aster
Can I be 100% certain of an upgrade being available (for e-vouchers) from econ to biz before booking a ticket to SIN?

I need to book a return ticket but need to know whether I can burn those vouchers this way, otherwise I would prefer to book with another airline due to better flight connections from where I currently am.
Only way you can be sure is if there award space in Business available on the flight. Otherwise it's a gamble.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vantage03
Only way you can be sure is if there award space in Business available on the flight. Otherwise it's a gamble.
On LX, even that is not sure anymore.

But you can always book, try to upgrade and if the upgrade does not go through, you can cancel within 24 hours.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster

Book a flight, immediately try to upgrade and if it doesn't work cancel within 24 hours.

Ooops! I've been beaten by goliath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.