Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Thanks for the info guys. In order not to book needlessly (chances are the card I will use will be in a different currency so I'll probably get hit on the refund) is it best to check - as someone recommended - that a regular award seat is available on that flight? Do upgrades come from the same fare bucket so if an award flight in biz is available then an e-voucher upgrade will work too?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster
is it best to check - as someone recommended - that a regular award seat is available on that flight? Do upgrades come from the same fare bucket so if an award flight in biz is available then an e-voucher upgrade will work too?
If you don't gind a award seat, then you won't have any luck using evouchers to upgrade.

But as posted above: an available award seat does not mean a guaranteed upgrade using evouchers - at least on LX, in my own recent experience.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi,

as other posters have confirmed: for an Upgrade to clear you need award availability in the respective bucket (I/O). However, even if award availability shows the upgrades seem to come from a different sub-bucket of I/O.

I was waitlisted for an Premium Eco to C upgrade for several months, even though the flight showed 8 I seats available at time of booking (per M&M hotline). This flight was operated by and book on LH.

It did clear in the end.
David

Last edited by davidcito; Dec 9, 2016 at 2:18 am
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Maybe this changes things - since Goliath mentioned LX and Davidcito might possibly be looking at Austrian - but I was thinking of booking with LH and upgrading the FRA-SIN or SIN-FRA segment of my journey.

So the best approach to take would be to book both outgoing and return flights on dates with award availability in biz, and then hoping to be able to use e-vouchers on either leg?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:16 pm

Turns out I have 4 e-vouchers at my disposal so actually need to make sure I can upgrade both the outbound and inbound flights.

I have been looking at biz award availability and I'm not sure which data is more appropriate in my case.

I'm planning on taking the WAW-FRA-SIN route - but only upgrading the long-haul leg(s) - yet I see different availability for WAW-FRA-SIN than for just FRA-SIN. I could understand if adding an additional leg lowered availability across the entire route, but in this case I wasn't able to find biz availability for FRA-SIN even though I could get a biz award on the same day for... WAW-FRA-SIN.

Where does e-voucher upgrade availability stand in all this?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats MSC in play, which should favor your evoucher upgrade.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats MSC in play, which should favor your evoucher upgrade.
Right, but when booking WAW-FRA-SIN should I choose dates where there is biz availability on WAW-FRA-SIN or just FRA-SIN since I will only be upgrading the latter leg (though my initial econ ticket will naturally be WAW-FRA-SIN)?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

WAW-SIN
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:04 pm

^ Thank you so much Oliver!!! :-::-::-::-::-:

I am absolutely thrilled - and the adrenaline rush is still there - after successfully burning 2x e-vouchers on each long-haul leg (4 in total - the whole lot gone) on the FRA-SIN-FRA route thanks to your final advice.

For a while I considered giving up (and just going with Finnair as my most convenient connection), especially with biz availability constantly changing and showing different dates for WAW-FRA-SIN vs FRA-SIN.

Luckily I followed your last advice and decided to take the plunge. Both legs went through fine and I was needlessly stressed out, especially on the inbound where there was different availability for a regular biz award on SIN-FRA-WAW compared to just SIN-FRA (even though I was upgrading just the long-haul leg).

Thank you once again for your advice in looking at the full route availability for a biz award - instead of just searching for biz availability on the required segment of my trip - before booking my ticket and going for an e-voucher upgrade. Looking back at all the website/IT/etc. mishaps I have faced with numerous airlines over the years I am still thrilled at how this has been a plain-sailing experience with LH and processing those e-vouchers. ^
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster
I am absolutely thrilled - and the adrenaline rush is still there - after successfully burning 2x e-vouchers on each long-haul leg (4 in total - the whole lot gone) on the FRA-SIN-FRA route thanks to your final advice.
Congratulations! ^
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: LX SEN
Upgrade from Swiss P Class?

Dear eVouchers experts,

I am trying to figure out whether Swiss P class can be upgraded to F (I am SEN). I read conflicting reports and opinions online and users claiming successful upgrades from P through the online tool by selecting Z as booking class (P doesn't show in the tool).

Is there a definitive rule on this? Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I managed to upgrade P to A using evoucher a month ago.
On the website I selected the booking class as Z.

Got waitlisted at first, and then confirmed few days later.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
I managed to upgrade P to A using evoucher a month ago.
On the website I selected the booking class as Z.
That's what I did too, after reading about selecting Z instead on FT.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:01 am

I recently upgraded a colleague from E to business using evouchers. E was not an option, so I first picked Y. The system then wanted 2 evouchers per segment instead of one. As a Lifemiles FTer I have Firebug installed, so I changed the form dropdown to show E. After selecting the new E dropdown option the system gladly accepted the segment upgrade and only required 1 evoucher correctly.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Dear eVouchers experts,

I am trying to figure out whether Swiss P class can be upgraded to F (I am SEN). I read conflicting reports and opinions online and users claiming successful upgrades from P through the online tool by selecting Z as booking class (P doesn't show in the tool).

Is there a definitive rule on this? Thank you!
No problem to upgrade from P to First via phone call to LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.