Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can apply them to a refundable ticketed reservation and cancel the reservation when you need to apply it to another reservation.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can apply them to a refundable ticketed reservation and cancel the reservation when you need to apply it to another reservation.
Thank you that I also have thought about. Do I have to do it before Dec 31st in case the Waitlist does not clear ?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes. Better do it on Dec 25 or so, don't wait till the last moment...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I have a Swiss flights booked to HKG in D-class and from SIN in Z-class.
I am considering upgrading one of both with my evouchers to First. Does it have any impact on my miles earnings which flight I upgrade?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by janvdr
I have a Swiss flights booked to HKG in D-class and from SIN in Z-class.
I am considering upgrading one of both with my evouchers to First. Does it have any impact on my miles earnings which flight I upgrade?

Thanks
Hi,

No difference, you will get the miles corresponding to the original booking class, D and Z
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I need to burn 2 eVouchers soon and am wondering whether I can use them to upgrade the long-haul part of my journey to SIN, even though I will have a connecting flight to FRA on the same reservation. Can I just upgrade part of my journey using these vouchers?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Yes, upgrades work segment-by-segment. Upgrading just the long haul part is the normal way.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster
I need to burn 2 eVouchers soon and am wondering whether I can use them to upgrade the long-haul part of my journey to SIN, even though I will have a connecting flight to FRA on the same reservation. Can I just upgrade part of my journey using these vouchers?
You can ONLY upgrade one leg of your journey. You need extra eVoucher(s) for every single leg.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Hello All,

Do we have an LH Insider here that could give me an info about waitlist clearance chances? I have now 2 flights on waitlist 1 C-F and 2 E-C for 2017 and wuold like to know the chances if it will clear. Vouchers expire in December. The Hotline told me that the chances are 50% and on te other flight 30%, but I am sure there is an more "accurate" Information availiable. Is there something like the Premium Award for E-Vouchers where you can ask LH to open 1 Award place ? Thanks in advance
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:05 am

Be more specific here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ds-thread.html

The SEN desk can send your WL booking to a revenue bot to nudge a confirmation.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Nowadays LX will only tell you if an upgrade cleares to F AFTER the ticket has been issued .
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Nowadays LX will only tell you if an upgrade cleares to F AFTER the ticket has been issued .
You can always buy and cancel within 24 hours...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: OKplus, M&M, SASEurobonus, Goldpoints, Priority Club, HH & more
Flew yesterday MLE-FRA. Half of the family was booked in PE (using miles), other half (2 people, one being SEN) in ECO - revenue tickets in W class.

Applied for upgrade (from ECO to PE) using e-vouchers, couple of months in advance. Still, 12 hours before departure the upgrade was waitlisted, agent saying that chances are high, as noone else is waitlisted and some 9 places free in PE.

Ca 4 hours before departure our waitlist was denied. Even the agent at the airport could not get us upgrade using miles nor vouchers. The PE was at the end flying with 3 seat empty.

I can live with the fact, that LH prefers cash upgrades over evouchers. But, why do they prefer empty seats over evouchers? I understand that it is in the end their decision, but would appreciate a bit of clarity in the rules (e.g. knowing that W is not enough, I would happily buy ticket in slightly higher booking class).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold
E Voucher Upgrade denied [for P]

I'm rejoining this forum and excited to be back. I'm a Senator and tried to upgrade a p business class to first and miles and more told me that this is not an upgradable fare. Under fare conditions it was mentioned that this fare is not mileage upgradable but nothing was mentioned of e vouchers. I was told to write Miles & More but haven't heard back. Please advise how to escalate. Any advice is appreciated
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:56 pm

E-voucher availability follows mileage upgrade availability as far as I know, with same restrictions. If you just booked your flight your may still be able to cancel for free inside the grace period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.