Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the FM is involved you will the upgrade atleast
I wish. In the end they were unable to re-enter the upgrade request. No matter anyway because there was no seat available. They gave me my preferred Y seat back though which required moving someone else. It is a sign that I am not flying LH much because it was the first time I saw that a seat change at boarding can be a little piece of paper printed from the boarding scanner instead of a new boarding pass.
The vouchers are still in the bowels of the system and not back on my account.
I think I will wait a week and if they are not back I'll ask for them somehow. Maybe they'll come back with an extended validity.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NightFly
Just wondering: requested recently an E-voucher upgrade (Y+ to C) for both legs of my upcoming trip. One leg cleared almost immediately, the other one is WL-ed for about a month now. I thought that SEN WL usually clears in a matter of moments, a month-long wait seems unusual to me C is not sold out on the leg in question (a dummy booking books into Z).
Second upg request cleared five weeks after it was filed. Both legs confirmed now.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
I glanced through the thread and saw nothing addressing my specific question. While I am presuming the answer is no, i figure it can't hurt to ask. Can I use e-vouchers to upgrade a ticket purchased with points? Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I glanced through the thread and saw nothing addressing my specific question. While I am presuming the answer is no, i figure it can't hurt to ask. Can I use e-vouchers to upgrade a ticket purchased with points? Thanks!
No, you can't.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
Can I use e-vouchers to upgrade a ticket purchased with points? Thanks!
I believe there is no program on earth does offer such convenience.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:47 pm

Using e-voucher for flights after the expiration date?

Apologies if this has been answered before, can you use e-vouchers to upgrade a flight that is scheduled after they expire?

Also, in case that is not possible, I understand that there is a possibility to use e-voucher to upgrade someone else's flight?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by kvota
Apologies if this has been answered before, can you use e-vouchers to upgrade a flight that is scheduled after they expire?
Yes, as long as you successfully use the e-vouchers before they expire.

Also, in case that is not possible, I understand that there is a possibility to use e-voucher to upgrade someone else's flight?

Thanks
Yes, this is possible as well.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You remind me that I have a voucher disappearing at the end of the year, and no opportunity to use it: so....
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:51 pm

Whatever happens don't let them expire!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...scue-plan.html
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:54 pm

Thank you, NewbieRunner, for confirmation.

I understand that a flight could be upgraded once and then, if changed, coupons are forgone. On the previous poster's question, I think I did upgrade Fra-Iad award flight couple of years ago using coupons one way.

Thanks,
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I understand that a flight could be upgraded once and then, if changed, coupons are forgone.
Nope, if the agent is careful, the evouchers are redeposited in your account to be used again. But they are not valid for a long time, the idea is to allow people to rebook their tickets without loosing the expired upgrade instrument.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:46 am

Thanks again, you live - you learn! Will give it a chance then - a pity to lose the upgrades (in addition to losing the SEN status soon too). Am not sure yet about travel dates next year, but will try to predict. Thanks,
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
... "they are not valid for a long time", the idea is to allow people to rebook their tickets without loosing the expired upgrade instrument.
I'm guessing you use this term because it's something of a goodwill gesture (goodwill?? Lufthansa !!?? ). So the extended validity something of a whim.

But is there any guidance from experience of how long the resurrection lasts ?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Whatever happens don't let them expire!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...scue-plan.html
I've managed to use the things only once in rather a long time flying with Lufthansa. I'd be happy to see mine used, so i've put them on the trading floor.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You remind me that I have a voucher disappearing at the end of the year, and no opportunity to use it: so....
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've managed to use the things only once in rather a long time flying with Lufthansa. I'd be happy to see mine used, so i've put them on the trading floor.
If you have one e-voucher about to expire the best use would be from Economy to Premium Economy or from Premium Economy to Business on a longhaul flight.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...815288988&l=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.