Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
My question is whether there is a separate SEN waitlist akin to the immediate confirmation of seats for flights where award tickets are actually sold out. Those always cleared in a few seconds as I was waiting on the phone.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is the same SEN WL clearing request mechanism. Also when WL-ed with evouchers, a SEN/HON skips everyone else in WL line and gets the seat the moment RM does a inventory recalc.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: LH HON
Combining eVouchers from different M&M accounts possible?

I know you cannot have a miles award from miles of different accounts. But can I combine one eVoucher from one account with one from another account to an upgrade, when you need two vouchers?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Nope, not possible.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Upgrading European flights (changed 1 Sep 2015)

The T&C of M&M (see section 4.3.1 quoted on the wiki of this thread) have been out of date since 01.09.2015 when upgrading from a number of cheaper economy fares became possible. The news item from 31 Aug is here. This news item does not explicitly mention eVouchers, but I have successfully upgraded K fares with them. Upgrading online did not work, though.

Therefore, the only remaining intra-Europe fare that cannot be upgraded on LH is N (and on SN, L/G/N).
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: LX SEN*
I am planning my SEN requalification in 2015 and have (had) everything in place. Then I decided that I want to use 2 eVouchers to upgrade on one of the legs (with LX from Q to I). I've read that now I won't get any miles for this leg? This would change my SEN mileage run strategy...

I am sure the answer is somewhere in this forum but I couldn't find it, so thanks for your help.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Seraelph
I am planning my SEN requalification in 2015 and have (had) everything in place. Then I decided that I want to use 2 eVouchers to upgrade on one of the legs (with LX from Q to I). I've read that now I won't get any miles for this leg? This would change my SEN mileage run strategy...

I am sure the answer is somewhere in this forum but I couldn't find it, so thanks for your help.
You will get the miles for Q.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:06 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Upgrade NH flight with LH e-voucher?

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade an NH operated flight with NH flight number with LH evouchers -- and how to do it. The ticket was issued by NH.

In this particular case I'm booked in E-Class in Premium Economy.

The other way I'm in an LH operated flight with NH flight number. I assume the code-share arrangement pretty much renders upgrades with evouchers impossible...

Thanks in advance for your input.

HTB.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:02 pm

Just use the link in the wiki above, if E is eligible and I is available it should work.`
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:04 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just use the link in the wiki above, if E is eligible and I is available it should work.`
Thanks Oliver. Yes, E is eligible, but the website doesn't offer "E" in the drop-down selection...

I guess the only other way is calling then?

HTB.

Last edited by htb; Nov 14, 2015 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:04 pm

Yep, call in.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:16 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by htb
I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade an NH operated flight with NH flight number with LH evouchers -- and how to do it. The ticket was issued by NH.

In this particular case I'm booked in E-Class in Premium Economy.

The other way I'm in an LH operated flight with NH flight number. I assume the code-share arrangement pretty much renders upgrades with evouchers impossible...

Thanks in advance for your input.

HTB.
Same here. Booked and ticketed in NH E class MUC-HND. Called M&M, they wanted 2 eVouchers or 50k miles. Am I mistaken that an upgrade PE -> Business should only require 1 eVoucher???
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Same here. Booked and ticketed in NH E class MUC-HND. Called M&M, they wanted 2 eVouchers or 50k miles. Am I mistaken that an upgrade PE -> Business should only require 1 eVoucher???
On an LH operated flight, yes, it should. But if it's a codeshare and you booked from the "wrong" carrier, then it might be seen as a normal economy ticket hence the two eVouchers.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:04 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by malmostoso
On an LH operated flight, yes, it should. But if it's a codeshare and you booked from the "wrong" carrier, then it might be seen as a normal economy ticket hence the two eVouchers.
No codeshare. Booked as NH218 operated by NH218 in E class. Ticket issued on 205 (NH) stock.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:15 am

I think then that's the problem. Upgrading with eVouchers seems to be for LH flights only, and when I tried to do the same with SQ and NZ the *A upgrade tool saw premium economy booking classes as normal economy (i.e. 2 eVouchers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.