Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN
mysterious returning of evoucher

Hi,

upon looking at my M&M account statement recently I found an orphan eVoucher sitting in my account that I had actually used already.

I had booked economy tickets for 2 earlier in the year and used 2 evouchers to upgrade both tix from eco to premium eco. both vouchers were deducted from my account.

As requested, I also was waitlisted to upgrade from premium eco to biz, using miles.

Some time last week, however, I was bumped from the WL and one single evoucher was returned - "return of award, 1 eVoucher" per my account booking.

My booking still shows both tickets in premium eco, also the seat selection still shows premium eco seats.

Not that I'd complain, but still strange to get a voucher back for the fact that I was kick off the C WL ??

David
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My 2 eVouchers were nearing their expiry date and I was never really able to find a decent fare to use them with. Would have preferred to use them for a Business to First upgrade but these fares have been rather ridiculous for a while.
But today booked a rather decent AMS-HND 748 flight in Eco S that was upgradable to Business I on the outbound. And as an extra reward it seems for the inbound I'm able to pick a Premium Eco seat as well.

Not bad.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by RTW1
My 2 eVouchers were nearing their expiry date and I was never really able to find a decent fare to use them with. Would have preferred to use them for a Business to First upgrade but these fares have been rather ridiculous for a while.
But today booked a rather decent AMS-HND 748 flight in Eco S that was upgradable to Business I on the outbound. And as an extra reward it seems for the inbound I'm able to pick a Premium Eco seat as well.

Not bad.
I agree, not bad.

Last year I also burnt 2 eVouchers that were about to expire upgrading from S to C. It was for the new C so it was OK.

This month I had also 2 that were expiring and I had to pay 300 USD to go from Z to D and afterwards upgrade to F. Unfortunately it was the old F.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:51 pm

BOS-ZRH-PVG with eVouchers

Hello.

Flying BOS-ZRH-PVG and thinking about upgrading the flights with eVouchers. I know that you need two vouchers for intercontinental flights, but would BOS-ZRH-PVG be upgradable with just two? Or would I need four?

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
You will need 4 eVouchers. You are flying 2 intercontinental legs.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lucentis
You will need 4 eVouchers. You are flying 2 intercontinental legs.
Correct- also for the OP I would check what the up fare charge is to move to the next class as sometimes it can be a better value to pay the difference all the way through vs. using evouchers (USA>Asia I have seen up fares for 2000 EUR RT {2000 EUR+ change fees to move to the next class and reissue the ticket} all in as compared to using 8 evouchers [4 outbound and 4 inbound for the route the OP is proposing]).
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Lastminute evoucher usage on SQ

Currently in the SEN lounge at FRA. I have a SQ flight this evening, booked in C, but with plenty of availability in F (B77W). Is there any way that I can use an e-voucher for upgrading my flight?
Online doesn't work: 'not within time limits'
Lounge host doesn't know...

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: LH HON
Lastminute evoucher usage on SQ

Did you try calling m&m?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by daumueller
Did you try calling m&m?
On Sunday?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The German number should work 24/7.

Edit: I see you are right, no phone on a Sunday.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
German SEN number should be available 24/7.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

24h notice period required for C to F upgr with SQ I've been told the other day when I tried it. It works from Y to C though but usualy M&M is unable to find award space. SQ prefers to fly with empty seats. To my biggest regret as I tried to upgr mnl-sin in June since my secretary booked me in Y by mistake (booking class Y was not a mistake though...) .
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janvdr
Currently in the SEN lounge at FRA. I have a SQ flight this evening, booked in C, but with plenty of availability in F (B77W). Is there any way that I can use an e-voucher for upgrading my flight?
Online doesn't work: 'not within time limits'
Lounge host doesn't know...

Thanks
OP- how did it work out in the end?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

He's probably airborne (in C) at this time.....
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:12 am

And had a great C experience

In the end spoke to M&M service center in Germany and although they tried, the SQ system didn't accept last minute upgrades.

Flight was overbooked and there was one op-up to First. Apparently SQ prefers this above mileage/evoucher upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.