Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

But is there any guidance from experience of how long the resurrection lasts ?
The resurrection last till the end of the quarter in which you cancel/rebook the upgrade.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:32 am

eVouchers Questions [merged Q&A]

I have a Z ticket on UA stock/LH operated. Seems like my only chance to use an evoucher is within the last few days before departure. Also, is there a way to check on M&M before applying the voucher to see my chances of the F upgrade?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by EliteLAX
I have a Z ticket on UA stock/LH operated. Seems like my only chance to use an evoucher is within the last few days before departure. Also, is there a way to check on M&M before applying the voucher to see my chances of the F upgrade?
IIRC if O space is open, the upgrade should clear.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by malmostoso
IIRC if O space is open, the upgrade should clear.
Is a LH Z ticket upgradable with eVouchers though it is not upgradable with miles?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Is a LH Z ticket upgradable with eVouchers though it is not upgradable with miles?
I thought only P was excluded from eVoucher upgrades, and Z appears in the online tool linked in the wiki here.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:57 am

According to the wiki and Section 4.3.1 it looks like Z is not upgradeable actually. Unless that is only referring to miles upgrades.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
According to the wiki and Section 4.3.1 it looks like Z is not upgradeable actually. Unless that is only referring to miles upgrades.
Hi,

I understand it is the same with miles or e-vouchers, so not possible to upgrade from Z on LH.

You could up-pay from Z to D, I have done it a couple of times to use e-vouchers that were expiring, but it was only around 200 USD.

Last edited by more4less; Dec 9, 2015 at 11:15 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I understand it is the same with miles or e-vouchers, so not possible to upgrade from Z on LH.

You could up-pay from Z to D, I have done it a couple of times to use e-vouchers that were expiring, but it was only around 200 USD.
Can I do that even if it is a UA marketed flight?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you have one e-voucher about to expire the best use would be from Economy to Premium Economy or from Premium Economy to Business on a longhaul flight.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...815288988&l=en
Gosh! Doesn't Lufthansa love to meddle and complicate things

I looked carefully through your link (thanks!), it seems miles can used to upgrade from some cheap economy booking classes to PE, but at a premium rate (i.e. for more miles than a full(ish) fare economy seat). I couldn't work out if e-vouchers upgrade all fare classes, or just the high-value ones.

But yes i have two vouchers expiring, and thought they'd be well employed on a Bueno Aires trip (which is economy territory for me).

I had many more vouchers, but they mainly evaporated
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:11 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Gosh! Doesn't Lufthansa love to meddle and complicate things

I looked carefully through your link (thanks!), it seems miles can used to upgrade from some cheap economy booking classes to PE, but at a premium rate (i.e. for more miles than a full(ish) fare economy seat). I couldn't work out if e-vouchers upgrade all fare classes, or just the high-value ones.
My interpretation of the following is that this applies to all booking classes mentioned above, namely B, Y, H, M, Q, S, U, V, W in Economy and G, E in Premium Economy.

Upgrade with eVoucher:

From Economy Class to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
From Premium Economy to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I'm trying to book an econ fare on a European flight to FRA on LH and this whole fare issue is a pain.

I take it that the 'T' fare basis is excluded from upgrades, yet for some reason all options for econ - Light/Classic/Flex - show up under the same 'T' fare (?). Is this normal or could the system be displaying things incorrectly and booking Econ Flex will indeed show a different fare basis once the reservation is complete?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by aster
I'm trying to book an econ fare on a European flight to FRA on LH and this whole fare issue is a pain.

I take it that the 'T' fare basis is excluded from upgrades, yet for some reason all options for econ - Light/Classic/Flex - show up under the same 'T' fare (?). Is this normal or could the system be displaying things incorrectly and booking Econ Flex will indeed show a different fare basis once the reservation is complete?
light/classic/flex categorisation is completely different from fare buckets. You can see Flex fares in T on certain route/day, and Light fares in B or Y on a different route/date. If you want to book an upgradable fare and lh.com shows only T at the moment, you need either wait for a later date (the fares tend to go up with time) or use a travel agent who can book any specific fare bucket directly.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Thanks. That's the problem, every single econ option from Light to Flex was listed as 'T'.

I don't really do travel agents any more, but I see your point about being able to manually book into a specific fare basis. Still, I've never come across such a situation with other carriers, where I've always had the option to book a more expensive, upgradable fare online...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Planning to book a Premium Economy (E) ticket and upgrade to I.

Do I need to call in after booking or can I do it online? I don't see a Premium Economy option in the drop down when I select LH here

And can someone confirm this would cost 1 evoucher per long haul leg? And are the evouchers refunded if I cancel the ticket later?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to call in, its 1 evoucher and its refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.