Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
M&M's upgrade award chart clearly states [Premium Economy to Business upgrades are] "Only valid on flights operated by Lufthansa; information about the LOT Polish Airlines Premium Economy Class within Europe is available online at miles-and-more.com/Premium-Economy."
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Is the expiry date [date to use them by] of e-vouchers 31DEC or the end of February [when status ends]?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
I know that codeshares are problematic when it comes to upgrades. How does it work if the ticket is on UA 016 stock, but the segment in question is LH operated and is booked under LH flight number?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problems at all.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Is the expiry date [date to use them by] of e-vouchers 31DEC or the end of February [when status ends]?
31DEC
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
NH upgrades from E (which is Premium Eco) are quite interesting.

Upgrade chart says that upgrades are:
50k from economy Y,B
65k from other economy codes
35k from premium economy E

35k sounds like a OK price for an upgrade from non-cheap code, but if LH wants to screw with you and demands 65k... that is unreasonable.

Last edited by JanoSicek; Nov 25, 2015 at 3:33 am
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:27 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
NH upgrades from E (which is Premium Eco) are quite interesting.

Upgrade chart says that upgrades are:
50k from economy Y,B
65k from other economy codes
30k from premium economy E

30k sounds like a OK price for an upgrade from non-cheap code, but if LH wants to screw with you and demands 65k... that is unreasonable.
Where did you read the 30k? All I see is 35k...

See my post above. I am in a similar situation. Trying to upgrade E -> I w/eVouchers. M&M claims that you need 2 for this transaction
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Yes, my fault. It is 35k from E. Updating my original post.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is the same SEN WL clearing request mechanism. Also when WL-ed with evouchers, a SEN/HON skips everyone else in WL line and gets the seat the moment RM does a inventory recalc.
Just wondering: requested recently an E-voucher upgrade (Y+ to C) for both legs of my upcoming trip. One leg cleared almost immediately, the other one is WL-ed for about a month now. I thought that SEN WL usually clears in a matter of moments, a month-long wait seems unusual to me C is not sold out on the leg in question (a dummy booking books into Z).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:28 pm

Upgrade waitlist blocks OLCI?

My requested upgrade from W to business class, using e-vouchers and the online tool, is still on the waitlist less than 24 hours before the leg I tried to upgrade starts (and less than 19 hours before the trip start). Milage account shows that e-vouchers have been deducted.
The legs of the paid trip are on LO-LH-LH-LO on a single ticket. I tried to upgrade the second leg (LH510).
OLCI is not possible neither on LO website (which says it does not find the outbound 2 segments at all) nor on LH website (which says the booking is through another airline and therefore OLCI is not possible via LH).
I called the German Miles and More number where they said the waitlist needs to be cancelled in order to allow OLCI and said they will do it.
One hour after that call OLCI is still not possible.
I assume this can be sorted out at the airport but I may loose my preferred seats.
However perhaps you can help me understand what went wrong ?

Last edited by GregorD; Nov 28, 2015 at 2:31 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
To add another data point: I just called m&m to check for upgrade space on a SQ flight from c to f leaving in 2 days with, so far, a completely empty F cabin (F4 A1).
No space available
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
To add another data point: I just called m&m to check for upgrade space on a SQ flight from c to f leaving in 2 days with, so far, a completely empty F cabin (F4 A1).
No space available
Did you actually ever managed to get upgraded on SQ with eVouchers? I tried this several times, but never succeeded. I think SQ just doesn't allow.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:50 pm

Upgrade waitlist blocks OLCI? - continued

Originally Posted by GregorD
My requested upgrade from W to business class, using e-vouchers and the online tool, is still on the waitlist less than 24 hours before the leg I tried to upgrade starts (and less than 19 hours before the trip start). Milage account shows that e-vouchers have been deducted.
The legs of the paid trip are on LO-LH-LH-LO on a single ticket. I tried to upgrade the second leg (LH510).
OLCI is not possible neither on LO website (which says it does not find the outbound 2 segments at all) nor on LH website (which says the booking is through another airline and therefore OLCI is not possible via LH).
I called the German Miles and More number where they said the waitlist needs to be cancelled in order to allow OLCI and said they will do it.
One hour after that call OLCI is still not possible.
I assume this can be sorted out at the airport but I may loose my preferred seats.
However perhaps you can help me understand what went wrong ?
How the story unfolds:
OLCI has never become available. In my port of departure the were able to issue a boarding pass for the 1st segment but not for the second. In FRA the LH counter issued a boarding pass which moved me from the pre-selected row 19 to row 42.
The nice ladies in the SEN lounge near the C gates said the gate notified them that due to a system error my upgrade request was not transferred to them. They offered to re-submit the request in case a C seat becomes available ^, to which I agreed.
Next they tried to re-submit the request twice, which twice led to a strange system message which they said they have never seen. They consulted the flight manager (is that the right term?) who said he has not seen the message either. They tried to get technical support to help, and now they are speaking with the SEN hotline as I am writing this.

The LH system(s) must really hate me Maybe this is due to the LO/LH ticket, or because a lowly LO SEN is trying to upgrade on LH?

In summary, so far I am bummed I was hit with some kind of a system hiccup but a bit impressed that someone spotted it and tries to rectify it.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If the FM is involved you will the upgrade atleast
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by schranerli
Did you actually ever managed to get upgraded on SQ with eVouchers? I tried this several times, but never succeeded. I think SQ just doesn't allow.
No. But I rarely try it as the SQ C product is good enough for me. The only times I was in SQ F/Suites were all on revenue tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.