Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

taking in consideration that in the new M&M Egypt will be considered as continental Europe, one evoucher will be sufficient to upgrade from Y to C?
Mrs m4l, as FTL, got one when she requalified during the pandemic and it would be nice to use it for a segment to/from Cairo.

Thanks,
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,
taking in consideration that in the new M&M Egypt will be considered as continental Europe, one evoucher will be sufficient to upgrade from Y to C?
Mrs m4l, as FTL, got one when she requalified during the pandemic and it would be nice to use it for a segment to/from Cairo.
Thanks,
Five hours in an Economy seat is not my idea of an upgrade.
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Five hours in an Economy seat is not my idea of an upgrade.
Agree SFO777, it would be much better to use it from Premium Economy to Biz in a long haul but don’t plan to purchase any tickets in Premium Economy any time soon.
Also the fares in Premium Economy where you can UPG with only one voucher are, often, crazy, at least from my home airport(Bcn).

Last edited by more4less; Dec 19, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by more4less
Agree SFO777, it would be much better to use it from Premium Economy to Biz in a long haul but don’t plan to purchase any tickets in Premium Economy any time soon.
Also the fares in Premium Economy where you can UPG with only one voucher are, often, crazy, at least from my home airport(Bcn).
Since you are BCN-based, why not fly Egyptair's daily nonstop 787 with lie flat seats? Better plane, better seat, better food, better service and way less travel time.
Maybe look at using eVouchers to upgrade MS since LH.com says "eVouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners."?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: LH, US, UA
I search the forum but in vain:
  1. Is it possible to upgrade C to F on the new SQ First Suites on 388 with M&M 2 e-vouchers?
  2. Unrelated question: can I upgrade an entire Tokyo-Sin-Fra on SQ with 2 e-vouchers and less than 24h layover in Sin?
Many thanks!

Last edited by havane2009; Dec 26, 2022 at 1:28 pm
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by havane2009
I search the forum but in vain:
  1. Is it possible to upgrade C to F on the new SQ First Suites on 388 with 2 e-vouchers?
  2. Unrelated question: can I upgrade an entire Tokyo-Sin-Fra on SQ with 2 e-vouchers and less than 24h layover in Sin?
Many thanks!
1. Very difficult I think
2. Every separate flight must be upgraded, so 4 vouchers
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Originally Posted by andywaw
1. Very difficult I think
2. Every separate flight must be upgraded, so 4 vouchers
I am trying to find the rule that the new Suites are excluded by SQ from e-Voucher upgrade?
Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by havane2009
I am trying to find the rule that the new Suites are excluded by SQ from e-Voucher upgrade?
Thanks
I’m not sure SQ-specific evouchers upgrades, but generally on non-Lufthansa Group airlines evouchers can only be used to upgrade the highest booking classes.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:40 am

Hello FTers,
I spent 10 minutes scrolling this thread but couldnt find the answer to my question:

How many weeks before the flight is a waitlisted upgrade with eVouchers confirmed?
I have 2 segments on waitlist for a flight to SIN and back mid-march (from PE to BC) and I am wondering when I will actually get confirmation the upgrade was successful (still tons of BC seats availasble on both segments)..

Cheers
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Senator_Boy
Hello FTers,
I spent 10 minutes scrolling this thread but couldnt find the answer to my question:

How many weeks before the flight is a waitlisted upgrade with eVouchers confirmed?
I have 2 segments on waitlist for a flight to SIN and back mid-march (from PE to BC) and I am wondering when I will actually get confirmation the upgrade was successful (still tons of BC seats availasble on both segments)..

Cheers
The waitlisted eVoucher/miles upgrade may clear as late as the day before the departure.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:36 am

Thank you very much!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by andywaw
The waitlisted eVoucher/miles upgrade may clear as late as the day before the departure.
Could be much later in my experience.

My last waitlisted evoucher upgrade was confirmed at the gate just prior to boarding.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Yony
Could be much later in my experience.

My last waitlisted evoucher upgrade was confirmed at the gate just prior to boarding.
This way they save space in lounges unless you have the status, of course.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I also had a SIN-FRA upgrade clear at the gate last year
​​​​​
LH RM is really confident of getting $ for every seat on popular routes right now, and particularly the last minute $$$ fares. Even with 9+ available in the cabin you'll see lower fare classes zeroed out and upgrades left waitlisted.

If your waitlist is still pending at T-3days they will probably preemptively deduct the evouchers so the upgrade can be processed when the flight is under airport control. If it doesn't actually clear, the evouchers will be returned to your account.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by supine
I also had a SIN-FRA upgrade clear at the gate last year
​​​​​
LH RM is really confident of getting $ for every seat on popular routes right now, and particularly the last minute $$$ fares. Even with 9+ available in the cabin you'll see lower fare classes zeroed out and upgrades left waitlisted.

If your waitlist is still pending at T-3days they will probably preemptively deduct the evouchers so the upgrade can be processed when the flight is under airport control. If it doesn't actually clear, the evouchers will be returned to your account.
Yes, this is how they are operating now, they will deduct the evouchers but not clear the actual upgrades until under airport control or at the gate, happened like this multiple times since last Summer to Family members waitlisted for Y to J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.