Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:00 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Finding information on M&M.com regarding the usage of eVouchers is really a hassle.
is the current information in the Wiki accurate as of 2022, now that LX will be introducing Premium Y?

I thought I did see a chart somewhere showing the amount of eVouchers needed. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me here. I had a disappointing call with SEN line and they could not tell me. The said, they needed an existing reservation to find out

how many eVouchers are needed for
  • E to Business
  • Other prem Y RBD to Business
  • P to First

thanks for any insight.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Finding information on M&M.com regarding the usage of eVouchers is really a hassle.
is the current information in the Wiki accurate as of 2022, now that LX will be introducing Premium Y?

I thought I did see a chart somewhere showing the amount of eVouchers needed. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me here. I had a disappointing call with SEN line and they could not tell me. The said, they needed an existing reservation to find out

• E to Business
  • P to First

thanks for any insight.
I can confirm P to F (A actually) is 2 eVouchers one way. I think it is the best use of the eVouchers and this is the only way I use them.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:37 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

• E to Business
  • P to First

thanks for any insight.
IIRC the general rule of thumb is that you need two eVouchers to upgrade, except:

PE (E, G) to Business - 1 eVoucher
super cheap Y booking classes (E, L, T ?) to Business - 3 eVouchers
short haul upgrades Y to business - 1 eVoucher

Maybe someone has a credible source for that. I agree that the M&M homepage is pretty lousy when it comes to finding such information.

Also, these rates apply to LH, OS and LX pre PE. I would assume that the new LX PE will fall under the same terms.

You also need to be careful when trying to upgrade non LH group airlines flights with eVouchers. I once had a case where an upgrade MUC-HND on NH from E to I class did also cost 2 eVouchers.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tem123
Have a booking SFO-ZRH for next June in P.
Am waitlisted for upgrade to F for two eVouchers. Let's see if it will clear as at today there are still 5 F seats unsold.
Have just had confirmation of the upgrade from P to A, two months after booking for June.
Glad to have been able to use the eVouchers before they expire as I rarely fly long-haul on paid tickets rather than on miles tickets these days and an upgrade in Europe is hardly worth it for a short flight.

Thanks to Chris63 for the encouragement!
goliath and chris63 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
I thought I did see a chart somewhere showing the amount of eVouchers needed.
Most recent chart I can recall being posted was https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33711535-post21.html but that only covered up to business, not first.
cas_de and 59Impala like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:34 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by supine
Most recent chart I can recall being posted was https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33711535-post21.html but that only covered up to business, not first.
Business to First Class always requires 2 eVouchers, maybe except for GRU-EZE on LX or so.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

• E to Business
  • P to First

thanks for any insight.
Look at the chart here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33711535-post21.html
jonapet89 and 59Impala like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:53 pm

There haven't been any official announcements about a possible extension of eVoucher validity beyond the end of 2022, have there? Any unofficial guesses if they might extend them again?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mb752
There haven't been any official announcements about a possible extension of eVoucher validity beyond the end of 2022, have there? Any unofficial guesses if they might extend them again?
my initial thought is that it is far too early in the year for LH to react now. They have not shown proactivity in the pandemic times. And there are now so many evouchers out there that a natural cleansing of the balance sheet on that front would please them. My 2 cents.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I was put on the waitlist on ZRH-GRU D to F a few days ago. What is weird is that 2 evouchers were today removed from my M&M account and it says that it is for the F upgrade on that flight. However, when I log in to my profile it still says that I am only on the waitlist for F and confirmed in business. Is it normal that they deduct the evouchers for a waitlist posiiton and then put it back if it did not go through?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes, that’s the way it is done.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:35 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Taking advantage of the pretty good valentine‘s day fares in C.
first time using the evouchers, instant upgrade from P to first class on ZRH-ORD in October.
I was surprised this books into A class. I would have assumed it books into O class as well like other awards. Pretty generous I‘d say.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You will still get the mileage credit for the original J ticket, so don't get your hopes up.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:07 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by gojko88
You will still get the mileage credit for the original J ticket, so don't get your hopes up.
aware of that, more the inventory perspective is generous.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:01 pm

If a SEN has three vouchers, and an FTL has one voucher, can they not be combined as four vouchers total for two upgrades/two people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.