Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by tng11
Fellow LH F gurus:

Has anyone noticed that LH has "enhanced" their smoked salmon and Jamon Iberico offerings in the FCT/FCL?

When I was at the FCL B last week, I noticed the smoked salmon was different (it was in smaller slices and drier than the normal Loch Fyne offering), and there was no Jamon Iberico. They did add a Gravadlax offering recently, but it is no substitute for the two.

Was that unique to FCL B, or can anyone else confirm that there is also no more Jamon Iberico in the FCT?

Also, can someone tell me if it's common FCL B gets the crappier rides to the plane. I was the only passenger in the FCL going to EWR, and yet they still used the MB van (oh the humanity) over the S-class or Cayenne, which I get most of the time from the FCT. Is it because we who use the FCL are less worthy?

Food Courts are always an option if you're disappointed.....
Old May 14, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer

Food Courts are always an option if you're disappointed.....
Get off your high horse - this thread is at least, partially facetious. My tone over something so trivial should have made that somewhat clear, but I guess the Internet is all serious business.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have it on good authority that there was indeed Jamon Iberico in the FCL B on May 5th. It is possible, however, that my informant sliced and ate the last piece available.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I have had Cayennes and an S-class from FCL B, and a Van from the FCT in the last couple of weeks. It doesn't matter much to me and there is no real pattern, having had the Van all for myself, and the S-class shared between 3 pax...
Old May 14, 2016, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have it on good authority that there was indeed Jamon Iberico in the FCL B on May 5th. It is possible, however, that my informant sliced and ate the last piece available.
Maybe changed now to 'Mayer de Oscar'?
Old May 14, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
Get off your high horse - this thread is at least, partially facetious. My tone over something so trivial should have made that somewhat clear, but I guess the Internet is all serious business.
based on how people criticize even the tiniest thing that LH does, it's not hard to assume everyone comes in here with both barrels blazing ready to attack what LH does or doesn't do. You probably don't remember the great Caviar scandal of 2014 when they changed brands.....
Old May 14, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I knew it. Someone beat me to it. Probably good for keeping my sodium intake at bay though.

Originally Posted by MichielR
I have had Cayennes and an S-class from FCL B, and a Van from the FCT in the last couple of weeks. It doesn't matter much to me and there is no real pattern, having had the Van all for myself, and the S-class shared between 3 pax...
And here I was thinking there is some kind of conspiracy. I would have thought they would go by the number of stars on one's HON tag might influence which car you would get. Alas, I only fly on lowly O-class tickets, so I should be thankful for getting any ride better than a baggage container anyways.

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
based on how people criticize even the tiniest thing that LH does, it's not hard to assume everyone comes in here with both barrels blazing ready to attack what LH does or doesn't do. You probably don't remember the great Caviar scandal of 2014 when they changed brands.....
Hah. Some of the complaints/tactics (e.g. trying to get as many duckies as possible, taking the La Prairie products onboard, throwing a temper tantrum over a van ride) leads me to think most of these rants aren't serious or DYKWIA satire.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:52 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Hello everyone! Popping in from the BA forum to say hi

I can see this thread didn't exactly start out as a serious one, but please humour me

I have an upcoming DUS-EWR flight in F. Could someone let me know what to expect at DUS? I've tried searching but the most recent thread was from 2008.

From what I've gleaned, I can use the SEN lounge, but no car service to/from the planes? Anything else I should take advantage of while I am there?

Thanks for any input!
Old May 26, 2016, 3:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mattking2000
Hello everyone! Popping in from the BA forum to say hi

I can see this thread didn't exactly start out as a serious one, but please humour me

I have an upcoming DUS-EWR flight in F. Could someone let me know what to expect at DUS? I've tried searching but the most recent thread was from 2008.

From what I've gleaned, I can use the SEN lounge, but no car service to/from the planes? Anything else I should take advantage of while I am there?

Thanks for any input!
Welcome to the LH/M&M forum!

There is no separate lounge for F passengers in DUS. You can use the SEN lounge but the airport is very compact and there is no need for a limo service, Since the SEN lounge is in Schengen you will have to clear passport control and document check after leaving the lounge but you don't have to walk far.

Once you are on board you can expect the same First Class service that you get on any LH flights. Enjoy your flight!
Old May 27, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mattking2000

The first class ground services at DUS is something not to talk about. Just do the check in and proceed to the lounge for a beer @:-)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:33 pm

Help me maximize my first LH F experience!

Flying ORD-FRA-ZRH-ATH

- Visit the LX F lounge in ORD (it looks decent), and maybe the renovated B6 lounge too.

Upon arrival in FRA, I'll have an 8 hour layover. Will I be able to visit the FCL A, FCL B, AND FCT?

Upon arrival in ZRH, I'll have a 6 hour layover.

- Visit the LX F lounge in Terminal A and Terminal E? Will lounge staff drive me back from Terminal E to Terminal A, or will I need to re-clear security/passport control on my own?

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:46 pm

FCT is not an arrival/transfer lounge, but normally they will not turn you away.

Show your F boarding pass upon entrance (FCLs in FRA, ZRH and FRA FCT).

ZRH: you can visit both. Go to FCL A and tell them you would like to visit the FCL E. They will normally arrange a transfer to the E dock.
Or you go directly to passport control and the Heidi train on your own.

When going back to A/B for your ATH-flight, you are on your own (a transfer from E to A/B may arrive in 2017). Only passport control, no security.

However with such long layovers, I would prefer to go downtown Frankfurt and Zurich. Short hops by train.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Oct 31, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:50 pm

Thanks PetzLUX! Your answers in the LX forum have been invaluable.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If this were me, and it has worked for me before on a US-EU-EU routing, At ORD I would do LX F and if you're bored/have a lot of time you can venture into the SK lounge. Then upon arriving in FRA I would refresh in the FCL before taking a quick ride for few hours visit to Frankfurt. Return to FRA via taxi for drop-off to the FCT (show F boarding pass). I'd put 2 hours here for the experience. In ZRH you could do FCL E then head to Zurich for some wandering around time. Return to ZRH for some time at FCL A before heading to ATH.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:41 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Since FRA-ORD will leave from ORD T1 I wouldn't make the trek across to T5. Dealing with TSA twice just because of a lounge is not worth it - from my personal point of view. Can't the OP use the UA GF lounge in T1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.