Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
What is a mop?
Mother Of Pearl
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
LH uses plastic spoons to serve caviar in order to prevent the alleged oxidation.
However, to out oneself as a true maximimiser ask for a metal spoon !
Do you mean they serve it with a plastic spoon?
I don't remember ever getting a plastic spoon as part of the tablewear.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Mother Of Pearl
Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ask to be driven from the FCT to the A gates to "meet up with your friends", then ask the driver to wait and drive you back when you are finished.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Ask to be driven from the FCT to the A gates to "meet up with your friends", then ask the driver to wait and drive you back when you are finished.
Like this guy !
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Out of curiosity Rambuster and other frequent FRA travellers- have you noticed there are more than a few customers now using FCL A to avoid "maximizer ambience side effects"? Personally I have run into more than a few- including myself!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
This is really funny, now i will have to try this product out and refer to this while in the lounge and flying.

Delta747
Old Jun 30, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Re: #2 It is a shame!

So another one: complain to the purser that there are no hot chicks in LH F!
As for the hot chicks you may book a domestic connection after your LH F flight on - believe it or not - United Express.

Was on such a domestic flight today into SFO. Just one issue, those two chicks did spend most of their time discussing the number and success of their dates, rather than serving the pax with beverages.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Actually, last night I had the most attractive Flight Attendants on LH 4471 BCN-DUS since I can think. The purser was a no-go but boy the other two

I got totally OT
Old Jul 16, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Rambuster
As we have had a lot of threads about the LH First experience I have tried to highlight a couple of "must do's" in order to maximise the experience:

- Make sure to spend at least 6 hours at the FCT – 10 hours is better!

- Hop around lounges preferably visiting the FCL A then FCL B and finally the FCT

- Complain to the staff that no transfers via limo are available for lounge hopping

In the spirit of the brilliant start of the thread, I stumbled upon something fitting, watching latest Top Gear.

- When scheduled to be driven to the plane in a Porsche Panamera quote Jeremy Clarckson: "The extremely ugly Porsche Panamera Turbo isn't just hideous. It is even hideous compared to a genital wart" and demand to be driven in 4.7 litre Maseratti Quattroporte GTS or a 6 litre Aston Martin Rapide.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mamb0
In the spirit of the brilliant start of the thread, I stumbled upon something fitting, watching latest Top Gear.

- When scheduled to be driven to the plane in a Porsche Panamera quote Jeremy Clarckson: "The extremely ugly Porsche Panamera Turbo isn't just hideous. It is even hideous compared to a genital wart" and demand to be driven in 4.7 litre Maseratti Quattroporte GTS or a 6 litre Aston Martin Rapide.

Also, be absolutely incensed that you are forced to SHARE a VAN with 3 other pax.

'Not only is this drab, grey, converted industrial van hideous compared to a genital wart, those I am forced to share it with are...hideous compared to a genital wart.'
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw a new winner last week- insist to the staff to have the key to the disabled person washroom- because you need photo's of the "entire" lounge- the PA was speechless- and I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair. No, this person was not joking either!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a crowd out the taking photos of toilets...

An example: http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...59b22559b7eb92
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is a crowd out the taking photos of toilets...

An example: http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...59b22559b7eb92
That's why I stopped taking photos of everything.
The downside is, that I cannot provide flight-related pictures in my travel reports. But that's life.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I stil take photos (with my bberry) if I see something unusual, but have no time to write trip reports.

An example:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.